Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
"[@Patachu":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4936884#post_4936884
[bq="Patachu"]
) " 

> [
@Angrybrony":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4936880#post_4936880

)
>
>
Fact check: "[here's the video of Trump being clear enough on how to vote and make sure your vote was counted in.":](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeg-ABB-58

)
>
>
«U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday encouraged those who cast votes by mail to cast two ballots in November's election, one by mail **and another in person as a check to see if the mailed vote was counted**

>
>
Not a single instance he asks this, you are just inventing things. [/bq]

He literally spends the first 24 seconds telling people to vote twice.

[bq]

>
If you get the unsolicited ballots, send it in and go make sure it is counted. And if it doesn't tabulate you vote! Just vote. **And then if they tabulate it very late which they shouldn't be doing they'll see you voted so it won't count. So send it in early, and then go and vote,** and if it's not tabulated you vote and the vote is going to counted.

[/bq]

"
And here he does it again, which I can't tell if it's from the same conference or from one the next day.":](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1quAJ8nIAc

[bq]
)

>
They'll go out and vote and they're gonna have to check that vote by going to the poll and checking that way because if it tabulates then they won't be able to do that. **So let them send it in, and let them go vote, and if their system is as good as they say it is then they won't be able to vote.*[/bq]

The most generous interpretation is that he's trying to force a stress test on election security. Which will still end in 1 of 2 results:

1) The security is good and the double vote is caught. Which iAnd my state is considcered a feloniout's a crime of the 5th degree; they don't just "throw out" onge vote and count thrre ostherd.

2) The security is bad and the double vote isn't caught. So you voted twice.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan