Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zincy in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"[@Goku Black":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5080916#post_5080916

)

So your solution is what? Keep people wage-slaved and working multiple jobs just to make ends meet? Force them into collegiate debt to fill ever decreasing office jobs? Stand idle while quantity of hours worked goes up while wages stagnate and quality of labor drops?

The free market has shown that it refuses to keep up with living cost.

Those small businesses will be just as fucked if people start getting priced out of their living areas due to rising living costs and stagnation of wages. This is already happening in some areas, mind you, where clientele dried up and the businesses with them.

Something has to be done and no solution is perfect. But I support the one that will do the most good for the most people, and raising wages is just that.

The way we're doing things is unsustainable, and something needs to change before several generations of workers are drug down.

You may be happy being a minimum wage-slave stuck working 2 or 3 jobs to keep death away for another month, I'm not.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
"@Goku Black":/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5080916#post_5080916

So your solution is what? Keep people wage-slaved and working multiple jobs just to make ends meet? Force them into collegiate debt to fill ever decreasing office jobs? Stand idle while quantity of hours worked goes up while wages stagnate and quality of labor drops?

Those small businesses will be just as fucked if people start getting priced out of their living areas due to rising living costs and stagnation of wages. This is already happening in some areas, mind you, where clientele dried up and the businesses with them.

Something has to be done and no solution is perfect. But I support the one that will do the most good for the most people, and raising wages is just that.

The way we're doing things is unsustainable, and something needs to change before several generations of workers are drug down.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas

So your solution is what? Keep people wage-slaved and working multiple jobs just to make ends meet? Force them into collegiate debt to fill ever decreasing office jobs? Stand idle while quantity of hours worked goes up wehille wages stagnate and quality of labor drops?

No reason given
Edited by Zincy
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas

So your solution is what? Keep people wage-slaved and working multiple jobs just to make ends meet? Force them into collegiate debt to fill ever decreasing office jobs? Stand idle while quantity of hours worked goes up well wages stagnate and quality of labor drops?

No reason given
Edited by Zincy