Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Human in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
[@Calbeck](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5239439#post_5239439)
The whole point of civil disobedience is not to *prevent* laws from being executed, but to make a public display of their execution, to dramatize the injustice of those laws.

And the use of force (or advocacy of same) is a key element of the crimes in Chapter 115, so nonviolent protests are necessarily excluded.

And riots are well within the scope of ordinary government business. The job of the police is to deal with criminals; criming harder just means they have more work to do. The problem on January 6 was not the challenge to the *Capitol Police's* authority.

And the ROTC building at Kent State was burned at night, when no business was being conducted. And it was 36 hours removed from the shootings. I know weekend warriors are slow, but they're not that slow.
Reason: And you redo your reply while I'm typing. Fuck it.
Edited by Background Human