Viewing last 25 versions of post by MethidMan in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

[@Mikey](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5243657#post_5243657)
> [@Background Pony \#0E9C](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5243655#post_5243655)
> I highly disagree with the notion that white people are inherently racist and oppressors. I'm not responsible for what my ancestors did 200 years ago.

You might wanna watch [this](https://youtu.be/iLWo8B1R0MY) then:. A Michigan state senator gave a pretty badass speech in response to a colleague’s right wing fundraising efforts, which had asserted that she was trying to groom children when she voiced support for civil rights.

> I am a straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom who knows that the very notion that learning about slavery or redlining or systemic racism means that children are being taught to feel bad or hate themselves because they are white is absolute nonsense.
>
> No child alive today is responsible for slavery. No one is this room is responsible for slavery. But each and every single one of us bears responsibility for writing the next chapter of history. We decide what happens next, and how we respond to history and the world around us.
>
> We are not responsible for the past. We also cannot change the past. We can’t pretend that it didn’t happen, or deny people their very right to exist.
No reason given
Edited by MethidMan