Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ereiam in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
[@Latecomer](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5246138#post_5246138)
Honestly, one may argue that all the deaths indirectly caused by the American system in the name of corporate profit are, in a way, even more morally abhorrent than the wilful massacres of civilians committed by thugs in uniform. At least the latter are motivated by some conscious desire to spread hurt and destruction, be it in the name of some sadistic, self-righteous, or pragmatic goals.
The entire populations who die choked by fumes or poisoned by waste dumps or lead-contaminated water? They didn't die because some mustache-twirling pennybags thought "Look at all those chumps who agonize so I can make more money! Makes me feel soooooo good!" Hell, I'm sure [Thomas Midgley Jr.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Midgley_Jr.) genuinely thought putting lead in gasoline and CFCs in fridges was the lesser evil to allow society to progress (alongside his profit shares), even as he knew that his claims about their harmlessness were bunk.
It's the apathy of those who follow a logic of profit while disregarding every negative effect stemming from it that kills them by millions. Those who are not even aware of their plight and those who are at least peripherically aware, but don't care. I think that's the greatest tragedy of our era, and I hope the generations that follow will judge us harshly on it.
No reason given
Edited by Ereiam
Ereiam
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Monde de merde
Honestly, one may argue that all the deaths indirectly caused by the American system in the name of corporate profit are, in a way, even more morally abhorrent than the wilful massacres of civilians committed by thugs in uniform. At least the latter are motivated by some conscious desire to spread hurt and destruction, be it in the name of some sadistic, self-righteous, or pragmatic goals.
The entire populations who die choked by fumes or poisoned by waste dumps or lead-contaminated water? They didn't die because some mustache-twirling pennybags thought "Look at all those chumps who agonize so I can make somore prmofitney! Make me feel soooooo good!" Hell, I'm sure [Thomas Midgley Jr.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Midgley_Jr.) genuinely thought putting lead in gasoline and CFCs in fridges was the lesser evil to allow society to progress (alongside his profit shares), even as he knew that his claims about their harmlessness were bunk.
It's the apathy of those who follow a logic of profit while disregarding every negative effect stemming from it that kills them by millions. Those who are not even aware of their plight and those who are at least peripherically aware, but don't care. I think that's the greatest tragedy of our era, and I hope the generations that follow will judge us harshly on it.
No reason given
Edited by Ereiam
Ereiam

Monde de merde
The entire populations who die choked by fumes or poisoned by waste dumps or lead-contaminated water? They didn't die because some mustache-twirling pennybags thought "Look at all those chumps who agonize so I can make some profit! Make me feel soooooo good!" Hell, I'm sure [Thomas Midgley Jr.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Midgley_Jr.) genuinely thought putting lead in gasoline and CFCs in fridges was the lesser evil to allow society to progress (alongside his profit shares), even as he knew that his claims about their harmlessness were bunk.
No reason given
Edited by Ereiam
Ereiam

Monde de merde
The entire populationse who die choked by fumes or poisoned by waste dumps or leaded water? They didn't die because some mustache-twirling pennybags thought "Look at all those chumps who agonize so I can make some profit! Make me feel soooooo good!" Hell, I'm sure [Thomas Midgley Jr.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Midgley_Jr.) genuinely thought putting lead in gasoline and CFCs in fridges was the lesser evil to allow society to progress (alongside his profit shares), even as he knew that his claims about their harmlessness were bunk.
No reason given
Edited by Ereiam