Viewing last 25 versions of post by YourPalContrail in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
[The United States is sending AGM-88 HARM (high speed anti radiation missile) to uUkrane](https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/anti-radar-missiles-ukraine-russia-pentagon/index.html)

Now from my understanding is that these missiles aren't compatible with hard points found on Mikoyan and Sukhoi aircraft used by the Ukrainians. It's also not feasible to send aircraft that their pilots are unfamiliar with due to the need tfor time spent on ground school and flight training. I'm assuming that whe have made some sort of adapter to make these weapons compatible but I'm not really well versed in the engineering behind these hard points and missiles. If the Ukrainians are able to use these I think it will be very useful in preventing russian from countering HIMARS and the added fuel cost in moving these radars and missile batteries.
No reason given
Edited by YourPalContrail