Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Some More News, the youtube channel who's name I vaguely base my running joke of announcing the latest in news updates, [did a vid summarizing all we know about DeSantis' human trafficking of migrants.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxxzxQZD1k)

He gives a rundown on what happened while pointing out some lesser reported factoids. Things like how Trump Jr.'s ||(no, not the one that's one half of Dumb and Dumber, the one that's the governor of Florida seems to really hate being the governor of Florida what with his obsession on becoming president).|| ill-conceived idea was doomed to backfire from the beginning by picking a state that's famous for its warm reception of immigration as well as being the cornerstone of the Underground Railroad movement back during the time of slavery. He also points out that, legally speaking, it probably wasn't a good idea to pick the one island filled with very rich and very bored lawyers to pull a very likely illegal PR stunt.

In Some More *Related* News^TM^, [the migrants themselves are still over at Cape Cod as the authorities are still trying to navigate the legal quagmire DeSantis forced upon the local government, all at taxpayer expense.](https://www.wbur.org/news/2022/09/28/vineyard-migrants-resettling-wu-vote-by-mail-vax-clinic-newsletter) Some are hoping to be settled back in Martha's Vineyard due to the warm reception they received. While that would be a bad idea due to Martha's Vineyard being in the off season, as it's primarily a summer vacation resort after all and jobs are slim pickings this time of year, the migrants are likely entitled to a special visa reserved for immigrants who's been a victim of a crime.

Neat! DeSantis' stunt backfired so hard that his spending of the $12 million earmarked specifically for deporting immigrants actually ensured these ones get to stay in the country.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan