Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
[@Latecomer](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5294752#post_5294752)

50 seats now means it only takes one half of the Manchinema dyad to stonewall the Dem agenda.

Gaining a 1 seat majority means both parts of Manchinema will have to join their Republican buddies to stop the Dems.

If the Democrats get 52 seats then Manchinema loses its kingmaker powers, and the Dems can go tell it to go touch grass. As long as the 50 actual Democrats in this hypothetical vote in lockstep then they can use Harris VP tiebreaker to pass certain policies that only needs a simple majority to pass.

Speaking of, [the face eating leopards are back as Republicans are pissed at Manchin and vow to "destroy" him in 2024.](https://www.rawstory.com/2024-joe-manchin-west-virginia/)

Manchin did all he could for them as the good little Republican he was. He blocked Biden's agenda after agenda. Shoot, during Trump's 4 years Manchin voted for Trump's agenda roughly 51% of the time. Manchin was and is the GQP's most valuable agent in sabotaging the Democrats, but because his programming malfunctioned one time and Biden got to pass the Inflation Reduction Act they're pissed at him.

And I'm all for it. Fuck Manchin.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan