Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The latest Trump interview had him admitting over and over that he continuously bends over for Saudi Arabia because they do business with us. Even admitting that he doesn’t care about the crimes or human rights violations Saudi Arabia does because ‘money’. And admitting we’re going to war with Iran because the Saudis want it.

I mean, we know, but this man can’t stop saying the quiet part out loud.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #C078

Veritas…isn’t that the same group that got busted for editing and manipulating video and audio to make it look like Planned Parenthood was selling baby parts?

If so, I wouldn’t trust them.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #C078  
So why, may I ask, as a leftist do I easily get linked to right wing content in my recommended youtube videos?  
Why is this a common problem for people to get recommended Steven Crowder and BEN SHAPIRO DESTROYS TRANSGENDERS content when they are not interested in it?

I honestly don’t see the bias lol.
Vortaxonus

@Background Pony #C078  
to be fair not the most insidious of motives, I mean have you seen the guy? I wouldn’t want to re-elect him if he was the only candidate unless I was woefully misinformed or mentally unwell.

@Zincy  
Ya not trustworthy a source, or at least not unbiased.
Background Pony #792B
Veritas…isn’t that the same group that got busted for editing and manipulating video and audio to make it look like Planned Parenthood was selling baby parts?
If so, I wouldn’t trust them.
Among other things. Project Veritas is well known for having operatives surreptitiously record the subjects (i.e., media organizations or left-leaning institutions) of their “stings”, and then carefully editing the footage to emphasize specific quotes or otherwise play up the narrative they want people to believe. Like in 2009, when James O’Keefe (the conservative hack “activist” running the thing) and a woman named Hannah Giles went to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) posing as a prostitute and her boyfriend under the guise of getting tax advice to start a brothel, and then edited the recordings to make it appear that the workers there readily offered suggestions on how an illegal business could dodge taxes. Unfortunately, despite multiple investigations that determined that the tapes had been edited to portray ACORN as negatively as possible, the controversy lost them most of their donors and caused Congress to cut federal funding to a group, basically putting them out of business. But then they were only doing things like helping poor people get affordable housing and advocating for a living wage and poor/minority voter registration and stuff like that.

Oh, and in 2017 he tried to trap The Washington Post in some kind of controversy by offering false sexual misconduct allegations against then Senate candidate Roy Moore in a half baked attempt to help him win.

So yeah, if they’re the ones announcing some shocking revelation, safe bet it’s probably a lie.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I think Republicans are going to really struggle in 2020 and 2024.

They’ve aligned so hard with Trump and his cult of personality that when he’s out of the picture, they’re going to decline hard. Enthusiasm fades faster than a grudge, and people are going to be less motivated for the GOP without Trump and much more motivated against it.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

They’ve done pretty good running on Reagan nostalgia. I’m not sure it’d work with Trump being the most unpopular president in history, but that’s kinda been their bread and butter.

It’s kinda all they can do post-Trump. They’ve really gone all in on patterning their entire identity behind their alpha this time so they can’t just ignore him like they did with the Bushes.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
Oh and Trump finally “revealed” his campaign healthcare plan…such as it is. All he did was say he was gonna lower the prices and raise the quality, but he can’t get into details until after the election. Yeah.

I’d offer a bet on whether or not he’ll just drop the subject if he wins again, but I doubt anyone would take those odds.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Ah. I’d heard about the crushed fingers, the lack of sanitation and the teenaged kids forced to care for unrelated toddlers and preteens, but. Ugh. The deaths are new.

What a goddamn disaster.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Iran has declared that the entire situation with America, particularly with the recent retaliatory sanctioning, shows that the [US President] is “afflicted with mental retardation”.

Well. I mean. He’s not wrong.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Consumer confidence has slipped to its lowest point since 2017, the beginning of the “Trump” gain.

The housing market is also weakening by a lot.

These two factors are often preludes to a contraction.

The odds of a recession are still quite low, but even a minor contraction pretty much sinks Trumps “unstoppable growth” narrative.

In fact, consumer confidence is a much better indicator of how people feel about the economy than stocks. It’s a finger directly on the pulse of the US consumer.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #55F7  
Well, when you name the Supreme Guide of Iran “Khomeini” instead of “Khamenei” when the former has been dead for 30 years, that kind of slip doesn’t speak well of your mental faculties.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@igotnopicks  
Hey now. A lot of [whatever they’re calling r-words nowadays] are good, decent people. Not perfect–this ain’t fuckin’ Radio–but no worse than anyone else. Whatever’s wrong with Trump is a lot more than cognitive.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Ereiam  
To quote every GOP politician and FOX NEWS presenter, “Americans don’t want this”.

Hate those pieces of shit that always present their ideas as “Everyone agrees with me on this”.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I no longer think that Biden is a shoe-in.

Warren has some key advantages that I think could propel her to the nomination.

Her policy muscle and consistant delivery set her apart from some of her competitors like Sanders and Beto. Her populism stance also elevates her among her peers like Pete, and her progressive chops keep her above Biden and Harris.

Also, her only major blunder is positively quaint compared to the forbols of Trump and many of the other Dem nominees.

She also has the ability to get under Trumps skin, which means she can put him on the defensive. Something Clinton failed to do.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

The federal government reserves the right to re-implement the draft through legislation.

It would likely be met with legal challenges, but they could attempt it.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
Why would anyone want to re-introduce it?

I mean, I wouldn’t have to worry about being drafted, since I qualify under both disability status and conscientious objector status, but still.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide