Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
I’m saying confiscate more of them. Target high crime areas, and severely punish those that are caught violating the law. No more slap on the wrist bull shit for repeat offenders. Make criminals regret the decision to acquire guns illegally.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheMagpulPone

Fun fact, only 16 states ban felons from owning certain types of guns vs the 21 that ban felons from voting. Technically till their term is up, but many of these states find ways to keep then disenfranchised.

It is easier for a felon to get a gun than it is for a felon to vote.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
How about spending money on killing weapons trafficking because those are probably also an issue.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheMagpulPone

I mostly concur.

We need to act against the big guys. But, individuals can do loads.

Just 5% of the population driving 1% less each year keeps millions of tons of C02 out of the atmosphere.

If a majority of people adopt climate conscious practices, even a little bit, it makes a big difference.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

Individuals should look for more environmentally friendly practices, but IIRC about 100 or so corporations across the planet account for like 70% of carbon emission. For the life of me I can never find that article again though, so feel free to take that estimate with a grain of salt.

Individual effort helps, yes, but is a negligible drop in the bucket; Climate Change won’t be slowed unless there’s an effort on a societal level.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

True, but I also look at it psychologically and sociologically.

From a social perspective, people who adopt more environmentally friendly practices will likely drive less, smoke less, and waste less. Which means they will buy less of the products responsible for a majority of pollution, forcing companies to start to make small changes. Psychologically, they may also be more likely to push for greener practices, green innovations, and invest in green companies.

I think that doing either a top-down or bottom-up approach is folly. We need to be a holistic as possible.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Lord Goku

Yes, which is why the fact that Drump doesn’t use the trade war to punish China for its pollution is so vexing to me.

This trade war could have been one of the sharpest swords in history to cut at climate change and we squandered it.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Commune

Build a solar shade and place it at the L1 lagrange point. $5-20 billion to get the thing up there and perform station-keeping, and you don’t have countries bitching and moaning about westerners holding us back! Yes, it doesn’t mitigate pollutants in the atmosphere or the water, but it does give us more time to solve the problems.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Ebalosus  
You’d think all the billionaires and millionaires that supposedly care about the environment would invest in projects like that instead of buying more 100 million dollar jets.
SD50-2
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Bat Pone Fan
@TheMagpulPone  
It doesn’t have the same instant gratification of buying more 100 million dollar jets though! /s

But then again, to become a billionaire tends to require a certain amount of greed, especially if you want to become uber rich.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Boy either burnt himself or was burned by hindu extremists. Police feels the former is more likely.

Either way, apparently being a non-hindu in Modi’s India doesn’t seem to be a good idea, considering boy was willing to light himself on fire to prove a point–or he was just a lad lookin fer attention.

Still, I wouldn’t put it past the hindu extremists to burn a lad for for not praising their god. I mean, that’s what ultraviolent religious nutjobs do after all.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
We have reached a breakwater.

I’ve been tentatively supportive of the push to rein in impeachment proceedings due to the unlikelihood theyd stick, and public sentiment toward the report.

But if it ends up being true that he actively attempted to coerce a foriegn government while sitting in the WH, there is no choice but to do everything in the legal authority to end that mans presidency.

This goes beyond vague backroom deals of a maverick candidate. This would be a sitting President who has actively conspired against the country and the very cornerstones of democracy.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Derpy Whooves

I feel the need to always add that caveat when dealing with anything from DC. Force of habit.

Also, Bill Weld straight up said that Trump may/should be tried for treason and put to death for this.

That’s not a “crazy leftist” saying that. That’s a long time conservative, former Republican governor saying that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide