Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
I guess, although I think in day-to-day living, police investigations are considered executive and not legislative or judicial.

The president is the executive branch. The president controls the police, the president is basically the police. You don’t want the hands of the president, the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc investigating the president. It’s the police investigating themselves. And in the history of the intelligence bureaus and security assets of the US, if they haven’t been hilariously hostile to one another they’ve also been incredibly complicit.

The legislature doing it removes that fear. It’s the answer to who polices the police.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Today was not a good day for Trump.

His Tweets about Yovanovitch played right into Dem hands, and several republican sources came out to say it was a “HUYGH” mistake. With one staffer saying anonymously that it was “idiotic”. When trying to win the ground game, it may be best to not make your enemy look more sympathetic.

It was especially bad to do so on the day that Roger Stone was publicly found guilty of corruption charges.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

Yovanovitch during testimony: “I felt that Trump was threatening and intimidating me.”

Trump live tweeting: “I HAVE NEVER TREATEND OR INTIMATED ANYONE AND SHE BETTER STOP SAYING SO OR ELSE!”
SD50-2
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Bat Pone Fan
I honestly wish people would stop overreacting with what’s going on with YouTube, the FTC, and COPPA. If you want people to interact with your stuff on YouTube, just set your channel as “non-kid friendly” and move on.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Fox News of all places dinged the president on this.

They stopped short of calling it intimidation, but they were a lot more critical than I would have expected.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Typhoon2000
YouTube itself ain’t going anywhere.
What our main concern should be is how any new rules will harm creators.

MAJORLY. People’s lives are going to be destroyed if the FTC doesn’t clarity what qualifies as “for kids”. I’m considering just setting my videos to private and walking away because there’s some that are a gray area (anything can be appealing to kids. Trains, cars, aircraft, etc.). There is a petition going around, and the FTC is accepting comments on the decision until Dec. 9.

I honestly think as part of the settlement, Youcrap threw content creators under the bus to save their asses.
SD50-2

Bat Pone Fan
@lonewolf  
I’m pretty sure the examples you listed aren’t always aimed at kids though. For example, animated cartoons tend to be aimed at kids, but as well all know, they ain’t always.

I just set my channel to be non-kid friendly and that’s literally it. I more than likely won’t have any issues.
SD50-2

Bat Pone Fan
@lonewolf  
I’m pretty sure they’ll be searching through content that’s flagged as kid-friendly to begin with, since that’s where the issues arose from.

Of course, as I’ve said in another thread, if Google didn’t have such predatory data collection and YouTube was actually & actively enforcing its own rules, we probably wouldn’t be in this situation to begin with.

EDIT: Honestly, it seems like one of the main issues, if not the main issue, in the FTC complaint to YouTube is that Google was essentially harvesting data of people under the age of 13, which is probably what ran afoul of COPPA. Though the main reason I think this is because flagging a video as “kid friendly” will keep “personalized ads” from being run on it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide