Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

vit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@Background Pony #F6A9  
The difference with Kavanaugh is Ford was credible and Kavanaugh committed perjury and behaved with conduct unbecoming of a potential Scotus judge which lent even more credibility to the allegations which should’ve led to him being taken off the list and to an actual investigation. But Republicans did a sham investigation and rushed him through to reward him with a lifetime seat to pack the courts with regressive reactionaries and turn the clock back on progress.
Background Pony #86CF
@Apple Thor  
But it is the same. You presume innocence and it is up to the accuser to prove guilt. For many people Brett was guilty, or atleast guilty enough in their mind. You can justify it in your own mind however you like, but this is still a case where years after the event a woman comes forward with accusations of sexual assault and no hard evidence to back it up.
Background Pony #86CF
@vit  
I disagree, I don’t think his conduct was unbecoming of a judge. Whay I saw was a case where a woman made an accusation which was serious and disturbing. Sadly because this was so long after the fact we didn’t have solid evidence around it. I don’t think that had nearly enough weight to disqualify him and I think that those who do believe so are being influenced by their own bias against the guy because he was a Trump nominee from a “conservative” line of thinking.
Background Pony #02F1
@Patachu
Thinking Biden will lose to the current Orange guy. When the Orange guy has never made it to 50% approval rating and has told lies on TV.
Well the problem there is that Trump doesn’t necessarily need the majority of America to vote for him, just enough people in the right places. After all, he lost the 2016 election in regards to the popular vote, but won enough people in specific areas (thanks a lot, gerrymandering) to give him the majority of electoral college votes. And there is always the possibility that could happen again, especially given the fervor his loyal cultists followers have for the ignorant kleptocrat.

But on the other hand, saying this is not an ideal situation for an incumbent would be something of an understatement. Millions out of work, the economy in disarray, his complete fumble on the pandemic, the countless other issues he’s had over the years… there are people out there just sick enough of Trump that they might go for the alternative, even if they don’t necessarily care for him too much.

In any case, it’s still a bit early to say either of them is a guaranteed loss at this point.
Background Pony #86CF
@Background Pony #368C  
I don’t think gerrymandering had much of an influence in the 2016 election. Almost all states used a winner take all system for their electoral votes in 2016. How the districts within the states are split will influence the representatives and state legislature, but Trump would still need to win the majority total vote in, for instance, Pennsylvania.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #F6A9  
This isn’t like the Brett case. Tara Reade’s story has holes in it, she has changed her story many times. Ford didn’t change her story and the way he was acting furthered the opinion in peoples mind that he lacked the temperament of a Supreme Court Justice. That he was mainly put there as a means to act as a stop gag to progressive causes.

So using the Brett parallels are moot.
Background Pony #86CF
@Apple Thor  
Whether she changed any bits of her story is irrelevent, the point is their was no hard evidence in the case to prove anything because of the tine period involved. People ignored this and still assumed him to be guilty. Those same people assume Biden is innocent and use your line of reasoning to justify it.

The problem here is the assumption of guilt. The problem is these people believe all woman only when it is convenient and the accused is someone on the opposing side.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #F6A9  
“Believe all women” isn’t about assuming guilt. It’s about giving the accuser the same benefit of the doubt as the accused, about extending the presumption of innocence to both sides and giving the accusation an honest hearing. Even if the accuser is wrong on the facts, as he or she may well be, we should not assume malice without evidence. (A lot of people are calling Reade a liar because of her political history, and that’s exactly what we shouldn’t be doing.)

@Typhoon2000  
No. Jesus. God.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Typhoon2000  
Kim’s death has already been debunked. He even made a public appearance today. Why are you still going on about that? Go take your anti-anxiety meds and chill, FFS.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Latecomer  
Incorrect, sure. But honestly mistaken. It was a long time ago, and memories can get hazy pretty quick. Maybe Biden did it and doesn’t remember. Maybe Reade is misremembering some other incident. That’s what the investigation is for.

(It would be nice if we had a body with subpoena power that could vet presidential candidates the way the Senate vets Cabinet and judicial nominees, but there’s probably some separation-of-powers bullshit that makes that impossible.)
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Background Human

There’s a bunch, I don’t think all are telling the truth or haven’t got a political goal in their accusations but wew.  
Tara Reade  
Lucy Flores  
Amy Lappos  
Vail Kohnert-Yount  
Caitlyn Caruso  
D.J. Hill  
Sofie Karasek  
Ally Coll
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Ereiam  
AFAIK the only “debunking” has been NK state media saying he totally showed up to open a fertilizer plant, with no video and a few photos that could’ve been from any time. The source’s credibility is somewhat questionable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide