Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Background Pony #F6A9  
The fact he’s not a career politician is a good thing. That’s a good thing. One not really tied to any party or who have worked as a PM or any head of a previous party.  
You want change? here we go!

Also what a surprise! Researchers from the University of Cornell discovered that artificial intelligence systems designed to identify offensive “hate speech” flag comments purportedly made by minorities “at substantially higher rates” than remarks made by whites. but I guess it’s more okay when you are a minority and the other one is the so-called oppressor…
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve determined the main factor that differentiates Trump and Biden.

Despite both of them being dottering old fools, I at least trust Biden to surround himself, and staff key agencies with smart, capable people to make up for his faults.

Trump has shown he is only interested in surrounding himself with sycophants and idiots.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Even as a figurehead, Biden has Trump beat. His brain could be Swiss cheese, and he probably wouldn’t suggest mainlining Lysol or call the Michigan Militia “very good people”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Patachu

Biden and her barely tolarate each other and they wouldnt risk congressional districts by pulling appointees from the house.

Try again.

@Background Human

Precisely. That’s all I really ask of a President. Don’t be completely brain dead, hire smart people, counsel the nation in times of hardship.

Trump failed on all three of those.
Princess Applejack

@Patachu  
A person who is not a career politician isn’t less vulnerable to corruption, they are actually more. Because they don’t understand how to navigate the political field and would have to rely on their party to show them around, meaning those with opportunist aspirations are more likely to take advantage of the newcomer’s inexperience for their or their party’s political, benefit.

Think about it, why does Donald Trump a person who said on national television he wasn’t a very religious person, is trying to repeal the separation of church and state laws, something that many Republicans would prefer to overturn. Why would Donald Trump someone who isn’t a die hard conservative picking and supporting all these conservative judges? Why is Donald Trump someone who is adverse to using the US military called for the sudden assassination of an Iranian General? Its pretty clear Trump is only doing this to curry favor with conservative hardliners in his party. It’s no surprise that the Iranian general was assassinated during Trump’s impeachment trial and then suddenly the Republicans in the Senate and House vote in near solidarity against convicting Trump of impeachment.

Trump is a slave to the GOP and does their bidding because he doesn’t understand politics. You can see this plain as day when Trump was going on about having people inject disinfect and then the next day he cuts the briefing short and has a more humbler tone. Republicans have Trump leashed and collared.
Princess Applejack

@Patachu  
Trump knows how loyal his base is to him and to say inject disinfects is something that you would think he would know not to do. People tuned in to the press briefing to hear vital information and would believe that Donald Trump cared about the office he held, the country or even safety of his own base enough not to lie to them like he did that day. He swore to protect us the American People from threats foreign and domestic and when we needed him to be honest with us the most, he couldn’t do that…he doesn’t care about the very country he swore to protect. He doesn’t care about us. Isn’t that disheartening?
Princess Applejack

@Patachu  
They have to cover Trump because its their job. If they aren’t there to fact check Trump then it is no different from Trump holding his MAGA rallies. Trump would turn the podium into a tool to spew propaganda. It does a disservice to what the daily briefing are suppose to be about, which is to inform the public of important information. Lucky the media called Trump out on his obvious attempts to politicize the briefing and Trump finally backed down.
Background Pony #86CF
Just stop looking to the president as your leader. This has been a bad idea for the last few presidents and will continue to be. The president just needs to run the executive branch and not get in the way. That means no new unnecesaary wars, no crashing the economy, no infringing on our rights. Trump has mostly done this, though his trade war with China is stupid.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #F6A9

The last 2 Dems have been good enough presidents. Sure as a person they both turned out to be lacking, and their presidencies weren’t exactly completely spotless, but you can easily say the good outweighs the bad.

And yeah, you kinda expect your leader to be someone that can lead you.
Background Pony #3927
@Dustcan  
All of them have been “good enough” in that we still exist. Doesn’t change the fact that the policies of Clinton and Bush Jr. didn’t help with the great recession (Congress is of course included in this, as is the Fed). Bush Jr. led us into two conflicts, one of which was arguably justifiable (Afghanistan) and Obama campaigned on ending wars and instead expanded the conflict. I would say they were good enough, we are still growing as a nation and despite the wars the conflict isn’t here on our land.

All that being said I don’t think people should look to these men as their leaders. They are leaders of the executive branch and the military. If you are not a member of either of those then they are politicians.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #F6A9  
We are a union of states not a confederation of states. We have to have faith in all branches of government, and also hold them accountable. If we don’t do that it paves the way for corruption. Look at the Republican party. Their base does not care who they elect to office thus allowing people like Mitch McConnel to hold onto his seat for so damn long despite how inept he is.

Countries like Argentina don’t care who they elect leading to the Kushners getting back into office despite being convicted and ruined by scandals
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
I mean sure, at the end of the day, a President is a figurehead, he’s not supposed to have all the power.
Background Pony #3927
@Apple Thor  
None of what you said means you should look to them to lead you.

@Mikey  
Exactly, this is also why our legislative branch needs to wake up. I know someone will respond to this to complain about Mitch, but don’t think this stops with only the Republicans.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #FAA1  
We need them to lead us, The president the face of the nation. They are suppose to be someone who the people can rally behind in times of crisis. America is in a moment of crisis and we need a strong leader who can bring the country together. Bush senior and Jr. Did it to great effect in the Persian Gulf War and 9/11 respectively.
Background Pony #3927
@Apple Thor  
We don’t need them to lead us. We need them to run the executive branch and stay within the limits of their power.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Patachu

The mere statement that democracy is democracy and then later talk about Social Darwinism makes me roll my eyes again. But let me try to explain it to you.

Democracy 2.0 is a debate that has been going on for years about whether Web 2.0 should be used to reform government administration, which has become increasingly rigid in recent decades. Create social networks, send short messages, exchange information, pictures and texts every second. After all, these things are now part of the everyday life of the younger generation that is growing up in the network world today. And indeed, the fear of contact is dwindling in all (even the older) social groups. The innumerable communication possibilities in digital networks could in the future break up hardened structures of our political system and encourage a society that is regarded as disenchanted with politics to participate in political discussions. But is opinion and decision making carried out via Web 2.0 really democratic? This is what is at stake within this debate. In any case, it is an interesting political approach.

In fact, it would not be so wrong to let the people participate more in the political decisions of a country again. I am thinking, for example, of the Voting system in Switzerland. Whether at the national or local level, it is simply a matter of development. The thoughts behind this are not new. All that is needed is to create the appropriate conditions in the areas of security, accountability and political consensus.

Of course you should have confidence in your respective government, I can understand that very well. But on the other hand, governments should perhaps relinquish some of their administrative responsibility and let the citizens who are affected by the case decide. In terms of communication technology, this would be quite feasible. It would only have to be accepted by the population and also by politicians. ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide