Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6180
@Dustcan  
Last I saw thw CDC’s best estimate for the death rate was something like .3%, and 40% of the deaths have been in nursing homes. Any death is tragic but I remember watching the news months ago and seeing panic about it being much more dangerous.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #FE3C  
Blacks get harsher punishments than whites for equal crimes.

US pop 2018: 308,745,538, with 76.6% white (~236,499,083) & 13.4% black (~41,371,903).  
514 whites killed by blacks = 2.173% × 10 -4 (~22 in 10,000,000)  
234 blacks killed by whites = 5.656% × 10 -4 (~57 in 10,000,000)  
Blacks were more than 2.5x as likely to have a white killer per capita as whites were to have a black killer. Proportions and statistics, yo.

Yes, it is the case that more blacks were murder offenders. Why, though?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #6180

The current death rate is about 1.4%.

That sounds small It ain’t. That’s a ridiculously high number compared to most diseases., but when you have currently 6.19 million cases worldwide and 1.87 in America alone…
Background Pony #FE3C
@Vivace  
Are they? The best way to measure that is through a study of juror bias: https://scholarworks.utep.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1016&context=christian_meissner  
This meta-analysis was also the first to consider the role of participant race,
and to move beyond the inference that racial bias may only be displayed by White
(or majority race) jurors. Rather, the current analysis proposed an inter-group definition of racial bias and found the opposite effect—namely, that Black participants
were more likely to demonstrate racial bias in both verdict and sentencing decisions.

This lines up with other studies demonstrating that white Americans tend to have a small or minuscule racial prejudice while black Americans tend to exercise a much stronger prejudice: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2053168017753862
Background Pony #6180
@Dustcan  
Current death rate based on what? The CDC is saying something different. Is your number limited by testing?
Background Pony #FE3C
I don’t often watch Tucker Carlson but he’s the only Fox News commentator whom I like. He gave a baller speech about what’s going on and why it’s an emergency to the average American. Seriously, it’s the best speech regarding this crisis that anyone has made. I don’t think it’s possible to disagree with what he said, as his points were all coherent and presented with evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5_D59lSjc  
(and yes, he did heavily criticize President Trump)
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
@NitroFury  
One of my biggest issues with Christianity and a huge reason I find to ironically be the least likely to be true religion, is the level of inconsistencies and the fact that there are literally thousands of denominations, they can’t even agree amongst themselves what’s the “right” version of it.
Vultraz
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

God of Keyboard Dusting
I question what is wrong with people that voted him to be President for him to do something so alien.
Has it ever occurred to you that elected officials do not exactly carry out the individual intent of their voters?
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Mikey  
Almost all religions get part of it right. The main message of Christianity is just to love your neighbor.

Trump is a cunt who uses religion to divide people and he will be roasted in Hell when Jesus returns. Meanwhile, people of all different faiths will be rewarded eternally, so long as they weren’t hateful bigots, like the mainstream bastardization of Christianity has turned so many people into.

This is not as inconsistent as you’re making it out to be, though. Jesus predicted that deceivers would come in his name to trick people into following a false Gospel. The things we’re seeing with Trump, the GOP, the pedophile priests and all the other horrors done in the name of Christianity are exactly what Christ warned us about. They will pay the price when the Son of Man returns to restore the world for all the different races, genders, sexualities, religions, etc. coming together again as one people of God.
Background Pony #FE3C
@Background Human  
It is very interesting to see how it’s mostly non-Christians who laud Christian leaders that finger-wag. I suppose it’s no coincidence that liberal churches face the highest decline in attendance despite their attempts to muddle Christian teachings.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Thanotos Omega

Haven’t heard that name in a hot minute. Had to look him up but he’s the guy who openly bemoaned how “Nationalism” and I kid you not “White Supremacy” are such dirty words now.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide