Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

KharnZeBetrayer

@Zincy  
>H visas  
Why would you want to open those back up? They are almost exclusively used to pay a visa holder $30k a year for a job you would need to pay an American $60k to do.  
My brother ended up spending two months training a H1B in basic programming just to replace him at his position.  
Brain-draining other countries of skilled people just to pay them less than starting salaries here doesn’t seem like a positive thing especially in our collapsing job market.  
The other stuff I don’t have an issue with provided it gets done and done well and doesn’t end up as a snafu like Obama’s energy policies.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy
Why would you want to open those back up? They are almost exclusively used to pay a visa holder $30k a year for a job you would need to pay an American $60k to do.

For starters, “cheap” (RE:underpaid) labor is more a broader issue with corporations. One that needs fixing.

For enders, that intellect and skill has to go somewhere. You really want China to snatch up (and underpay) the next potential innovation that changes entire industries or do you want America to snatch it up?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@KharnZeBetrayer

I’ve posted before a wall of benefits toward American businesses with a strong H Visa program. I’ll need to find my sources again.

Most companies don’t replace wage workers with their Visa counterparts, because the inherent unreliability of whether the Visa holder will stay, coupled with particular working restrictions. Companies that do, do so at their own peril.

Most companies that I’ve worked with use H Visa holders to compliment existing projects, fill gaps otherwise unfilled by local wage workers, and as surge positions for big contracts. Which ultimately lead to large gains for the company and more growth potential.
KharnZeBetrayer

@Zincy  
If you find the links please post them.

@Dustcan  
I’d rather Americans getting and keeping jobs and not having to compete with people that aren’t required to invest in degrees and certs just to get a foot in the door.  
As for Chinese competition our bigger issue is researchers and professors getting money under the table and sharing our research with Beijing or through espionage by allowing visa holders to work in sensitive infrastructure and R&D. Dozens of arrests have happened over the last two years regarding that. Having all the innovations in the world won’t matter when it’s all getting sold off for cash anyway and the China doesn’t have to do the leg work.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@KharnZeBetrayer

See above.

The H Visa program is a net positive for US jobs, allowing companies to grow. Any job displacement by individual visa holders is made up for by the net increase in available jobs and investment potential in US firms.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
I’d rather Americans getting and keeping jobs and not having to compete with people that aren’t required to invest in degrees and certs just to get a foot in the door.

See, I agree with you. But again that’s a bigger issue about corporations instead of employment competitiveness.
KharnZeBetrayer

@Dustcan  
It’s one and the same.  
If the corporation requires degree X and/or certs Y,Z for an applicant but then turns around and wants H1Bs with none of those requirements it affects competition.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Zincy  
I kinda wish I was in America so I could attend a Qanon rally just for the lulz  
It’s probably a bad idea because I would get Covid from it and I’ll get lynched because of my skin colour alone  
But fuck it, I wanna see what it is like when a mental hospital releases its patients out on the streets
KharnZeBetrayer

@Latecomer  
Well depends on how you view him.

I could go into a lot but it was quite the mixture of his naivety about how the political game is played,  
a system violently opposed to outsiders meddling with the status quo,  
his bullish and egocentric personality and inability to just shut up on Twitter,  
a dying media that was resurrected by the Trump bump into a brain eating monster in a news anchor’s skin suit,  
and a rapidly polarizing culture war that he only had a vague grasp of.

He gets a lot of hate he doesn’t deserve but doesn’t get the criticism for the things he actually deserves to be criticized for all depending on what’s going to push headlines and help the establishment narrative (seriously… increasing boarder security, a position held by Bernie Sanders in 2016, makes him the second coming of Hitler but missile strikes in Syria is him finally acting presidential?!)

If I’m going to be honest about the guy, I think he does care about the country but was not at all ready for the arena he stepped into.  
He was only half as good as he claimed to be but only half as bad as the 4 presidents of my lifetime.

I think the best description I’ve heard was that some wanted him to be Hitler, some wanted him to be Caesar, but at the end of the day he’s just a Kardashian.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
The main reason why I don’t believe that congressmen actively planned the Capitol riot is because the people involved in this have like, five brain cells and actively filmed themselves committing a crime so you would think that someone who went on a tour with a congressman would just outright say it on social media at this point but yet… nothing

No proud boy, idiot MAGAT or Neo-Nazi ever even said anything remotely close to it despite confessing to a laundry list of crimes willingly on camera  
So one is left to assume that it legitimately was just an event that went way out of hand
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Fishermen in London (and other parts of England) are protesting import/export delays caused by Brexit. The Brexit they overwhelmingly supported. The Brexit their industry was a chief champion of.

“Oh no, if it isn’t the consequences of my actions!!!”.

Good job you limey fucks, you played yourselves. Maybe, if you’re really, really nice, The Irish will buy your fish so you don’t have a famine or anything.
KharnZeBetrayer

@Zincy  
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.  
It’s not like the EU was ever going to be fair in trade with the UK post-Brexit.  
Brussels will punish them in this regard to help send a message to anyone else that might wish to leave the Euro-zone.

Though with the ongoing lockdowns the EU may cave first as the supply chain continues to crumble.
KharnZeBetrayer

@Latecomer  
That’s fine.  
I just don’t believe you can start and run a multi-billion dollar international real estate empire and a hundred additional companies if you’re incompetent.  
Guys was loved until he ran for office then all of a sudden there were only bad things to say.
Background Pony #5468
@KharnZeBetrayer  
You can if your father gives you money under the table and if you sue anyone who tries to give you a bill for something.

>> a hundred additional companies

You might want to count again. Trump paid to have his name on things. That doesn’t mean he either ‘started’ or ‘ran’ them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide