Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #CEFC

Trump? During his speech to the very crowd that stormed the capitol only an hour before they stormed the capitol?

And no, of course he didn’t use those exact words. As always he couched it in his usual double speak for stochastic terrorism instead.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Oklahoma Legislators passed the second of two companion bills on Wednesday that would criminalize anyone who films and publicly posts a photo of police officers.
Determined to prove their support for law enforcement, Oklahoma senators and representatives are taking a drastic step. The legislation would make it more difficult to hold public servants accountable for their misconduct.
State representatives unanimously passed House Bill 2273 out of the House Judiciary Criminal Committee Wednesday morning. It makes a criminal out of anyone who intentionally publishes personally identifiable information of a law enforcement officer, such as a photo or video, with the intent to “threaten, intimidate, harass or stalk,” according to the bill’s text.

This is in direct violation of the First Amendment. There’s no way in Hell this should fly, and whoever masterminded this should be jailed in a private prison.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

After stabbing Silva to death, Costa uploaded images of her bloodied body to social media. Silva, a player for “Fantastic Brazil Impact E-Sports,” had reportedly gone to Costa’s home to take part in a joint competition. Costa, who played for the team “Gamers Elite,” had first communicated with Silva online last month. He confessed to the killing approximately just 30 minutes after committing the heinous act.
Before then, he reportedly shared a video of the attack on WhatsApp with multiple people, including the esports organization he was a part of. In one of the videos circulating the internet, he mocks Sol as he pans the camera over her body. In another, he says, “Well, you think it’s ink, it’s a montage or something like that, but it’s not. I really killed her. Do you understand? And… well, I have a book, too. I asked some people to publish this book of mine, [but] alas.”
Upon being captured, he said his sanity was completely fit and that he killed Sol simply because he wanted to.
According to the police report, there is evidence he had been planning the attack for at least two weeks. The evidence is contained in his notebook, which reportedly consisted of over 50 pages that explained his motives. A translated post on Instagram from Gamers Elite mentions Costa had also shared a document with “messages of hatred against Christians” and nods to terrorism.

That is horrific and a very clear message to those who think that the racism and misogyny spewed by “gamers” doesn’t have any serious real world consequences.

What an absolutely vile crime.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Violet Rose in The Rain

Ironically, I was just watching the most recent John Oliver episode about police raids. Featuring one where cops blew open someone’s front door (falsely I may add) and while the man was laying on the floor handcuffed and injured, the cops amused themselves watching the security camera footage of the raid they just did.

Cops only like being filmed if it makes them look cool.

Just watched a little more. Now about a cop who threw a flashbang into a babies crib, which burned and scarred the childs face, and who told the mother to sit down and shut up while her baby laid in anguish.

And people wonder why I have a distrust of the police force.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Disgusting. This what happens when you replace real life social skills with “chan memes,” the fucking retards. I hope they learn from this lesson.

@Zincy  
I shared this before, but in Österreich it happened to, though to a much lesser extreme. The papers reported it as countering islamism breeding ground. One of the guys who got raided is a political scientist who had been writing extensively against the growing normalization of islamophobia suspicions of islam/muslim/islamically related things specifically from a european perspective.

“Oh we’re not aiming for the muslim community, we’re protecting them.” Get outta here.
Latecomer

What are people’s opinions on the new trend towards “authentic minority casting” that’s going on lately, both in live action and animation?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Latecomer  
Considering you have female VAs voicing male chara, black voicing white chara, white voicing asian etc, I think it should be about the skill of the VAs and not some arbitrary race, gender or sexual orientation of the VA.

As for live action…well…in that case yea I’d prefer authentic if said minority actor can act and is suited for the role.
Background Pony #E24F
@Latecomer  
If in animation what matters is if the voice actor can do the job. Live action the actor needs to actually resemble the character they are playing.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Latecomer  
I’m with @tehwatever on this one. If it is an animated TV show or movie, it should NOT matter what skin color the voice actor is as long as they are talented and they can deliver a great performance. That’s why Disney’s decision to only allow characters of color to only be voiced by actors of color is quite ridiculous, like what’s happening to characters like Dr. Julius Hibbert, Apu Nahashapemapemelon, and Cleveland Brown.

Live action? That’s a whole ’nother story.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Virginia continues to defang some of the police’s bullshit tactics.

In VA, cops can no longer pull you over for having tinted windows, if the little lights above your license plate is out, smoking in your car (which I didn’t know was illicit to begin with), and can only pull you over for expired inspection stickers if its past 4 months.

They’ve also banned chokeholds, kneeling on necks, and no knock warrants.

The police are banned from acquiring weaponized drones, combat aircraft, grenades and grenade launchers, mine-resistant armored vehicles, bayonets, tanks and .50 caliber or higher weaponry.

They can no longer initiate raids or arrests merely for the “smell” of pot.

Mandated descalation training and rewrote the rules to emphasize descalation over violence.

Empowered the AG to investigate police departments, jails, and ICE facilities for civil rights violations.

And made it a hate crime to make a false 911 call against someone based on race or religion.

All it took was 1 year for dems to completely overhaul the police.
Latecomer

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Sounds like a project for the braver sort of activists - just head over to OK, film the first police you see, upload to a site hosted outside the US, bring in crowdfunded lawyers and take the whole thing to the Supreme Court while turning it into a massive PR fiasco.

@tehwatever  
Not all minorities are visual, though - what about casting gay as straight and vice versa?

And I’m very ambivalent with the VA thing. I can see why, but I can also see a slippery slope.

@Zincy  
Now just need to see if this will have any effect on what they actually do.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer  
except live action series are visual, so the visual takes precedence, but outside of the visual, IMO it’s not about actual authenticity but rather perceived authenticity that matters.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

VA is really leading the pack lately.

First southern state to legalize marijuana, only southern state right now to make it easier to vote, only southern state to develop a green energy plan, and only southern state to enact mass police reforms.

Our dems didn’t pussyfoot around. They went for the throat the moment they got a trifecta.

Its nice to see dems with actual spines for once.
Background Pony #CEFC
@igotnopicks  
I’m aware

@Kolbjorn  
Work places can still choose to enforce mask requirements and employees can choose to wear masks. Additionally schools should be reopened at this point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide