Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Tell me, if the Jan 6th Commission is shot down then what happens?

No seriously, how does the nation react to the possibility of the legal system deciding to ignore looking into a attack on the Capitol itself?

Waiting for the next election is too fucking inefficient, we need immediate action.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@CaptainXtra
If that happens, then all hell will break loose.
No one in their right mind would shoot that s### down.

I have this to say:

If National Riots to possibly Civil War is the only way to preserve democracy then so be it.

Doing nothing would be the absolute worst thing.
Background Pony #1F81
FFS America isn’t going to go down into another Civil War, no matter how many times people keep fearmongering/jerking off to the thought of it.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@CaptainXtra  
If that happens, this would be a big cover-up from the GOP, and might get more people involved into figuring out what the GOP is hiding. They’re pretty much causing the Streisand Effect.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@NitroFury  
Yeah. Shooting down the commission would hang January 6 around the entire GOP’s neck. Strategically it’s madness, especially since they could stonewall and slow-play the investigation just as well once the commission has been established. But they’re politically beholden to their batshittiest constituents these days, so it’s what they’ll do for fear of being primaried.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Human

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Prevent an investigation into Jan 6? Could pretty easily look like a cover up since it’s hard to spin “I don’t want to know how an insurrection that almost got me killed”.

Let it happen? You’re basically allowing people to make it official record that yeah, the GOP totally is to blame for why it happened instead of everyone knowing it’s the GOP’s fault but it’d just be gauche to accuse them of it.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Transracial is trying to be started by a racist. I’m just going to make a prediction and that people will make emotional case aka lie for it and try to get it to be “accepted” in order to get it pushed and get any benefits from the affirmative actions.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@phoenixacezero  
Transracial has been brought up by trolls and attention seekers before, and I doubt it’s going to amount to anything. People are taking transgenders seriously because they’re experiencing actual mental issues and deaths. Until there’s a number of suicides from “race dysphoria” they’re only going to be mocked.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@phoenixacezero  
People would start taking it seriously. But I don’t think there’s enough trolls willing to commit suicide to legitimize transracial for that to happen.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Natry  
or if someone decides to murder one of those racist troll and make it look like suicide due to race dysphoria. I wouldn’t be surprise I mean we have people doing those type of stuff for clouts.  
A parent or a “loved” one can also probably lie about in order to milk it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Last week Biden gave the GOP an olive branch and try to propose their own infrastructure. They declined, so Biden out of nowhere decides to compromise with himself and lower his own plan from $2.3 trillion to $1.7t, with the caveat that the GOP can still propose their own as long as it is at least $1t.

So the GOP did push forward their own, and in a deliberate FU it’s just shy of $1t. And even then it’s mostly just taking funds from other things (like Covid relief…) and using there instead.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide