Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Democracy don’t bloody work if everybody is just playing the numbers game and not actually, you know, trying to make the point that everybody has a voice.

Anybody who can unite the largest amount of ppl through whatever means, wins democracy. It’s almost like a popularity contest.

I’m convinced you guys will eventually put one of the Paul Brothers in the office.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I am putting my hat in the ring to be elected God King of America.

I promise my reign will be fruitful, kind, and only a little bloody.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy  
Running for POTUS is an incredibly educational process. For example you can accept as much as $50,000 in donations before declaring with the FEC as long as you are careful to never ‘declare’ but instead keep saying that you are ‘investigating the possibility of a run for President’. It’s a pretty good scam - a lot of people make some good money out of doing everything but actually running. And along the way you get to learn how fucked up the state-by-state rules for Federal elections really are. Hopefully you don’t live in a state where you have to file paperwork with each and every single county in the state. Those states make it a bureaucratic hell to run.

Also you can make your own political party with it’s own rules simply by getting some co-signers and filing just one piece of paper (assuming things haven’t changed since 2016). Just like the GOP - just 12 people ‘own’ the party and basically can do whatever they want. Even their own rules only require that they follow the rules if they don’t want to follow the rules, which basically mean they just have to announce that they changed the rules. Whenever they want.

Have fun with it. At the worse, you’ll end up POTUS with your own political party and all the bullshit that comes with it. But along the way you can have a lot of fun and find out a lot of stuff about the system that most Americans never ever get any exposure to.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@phoenixacezero  
The Kanye campaign was surreal.

Who’s your next celebrity candidate for 2024?

@Ciaran  
Yoooo, that is so cool! How many times can you run before they wise up to your bullshit? Any hard limit to the amount of tries you can do in one lifetime?

If you can keep getting 50k per run and do that indefinitely that’s a good side hustle, ngl.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
Sure is a shame we weren’t allowed to have standards when it came time to vote. Might’ve gotten things done now and people would’ve been more enthusiastic about putting Democrats in power.

What things would have gotten done if fewer people had voted for Democrats, exactly?
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@tehwatever  
If you’re a candidate like Lyndon LaRouche, then you can basically make running for POTUS your life’s work.

The trick that Lyndon used, and used well, was rejecting your delegates as “unworthy” if you accidentally start to win.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Human  
I don’t know if that’s meant to be publicly known.

@Ebalosus  
If that wasn’t supposed to be publicly visible information please let me know and we’ll Rule #8 it.

Just a general reminder to not ‘out’ where people live or other personal info unless you know they’re ok with it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ciaran  
Ebs regulary have been publicly saying that he a New Zealander from his posts,  
Whether or not he’s currently livin in NZ and what part, either he never sez or I never read.

Point is: I dont think it be breaking Rule 8 if we go by his post history alone. Then again Ebs is free to Rule 8 Human’s post and my post (this post) as he sees fit.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Ciaran  
Given that the non-Americans among us also sometimes mention the politics of our respective countries whenever talking exclusively about the US ones gets tiresome, I don’t think it should be a problem (I never made it a mystery that I was French, for example).

I’m pretty sure Ebalosus’ post was meant to be a joke (picked up by Background Human) on the notorious Republican-shared fake new about Democrats propping up their votes by bussing foreigners to the polling stations.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ciaran

It’s public information, as my Twitter handle (same username as here) says where I live. It’s horribly out-of-date town-wise, but I still do live in NZ. Hell, here’s a photo I took on one of my New Years’ sojourns up Mt Roy to see the sunrise:

full

I’m quite openly from NZ, and have talked about politics going on here that others may find interesting or revealing, like that insipid movie about the Christchurch terrorist attack that everyone here is aggro about.

As Ereiam said, my post was taking the piss out of that Republican conceit that the Democrats cheat at elections by getting outsiders to vote for them.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
Jesus, what did I miss?
This whole thread has turned into “DONE WITH EVERYTHING! FUCK THE WORLD! WE’VE ALL TURNED INTO THAT DOOMSAYING BP!” within a day.
Guys, what’s happening?

Honestly, it’s not that bad. The Democrats sucking is nothing new, we were already perfectly aware of it back when Biden was on the campaign trail and we’re not shy about ragging them about that, is all. It’s just that the Republicans are still determined to keep ahead in that race to the bottom. Stating things as they are is no doomsaying.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
YouGov did a poll that showed that over half of the conservatives they surveyed want to use force to save “traditional” America.

Conservatives no longer believe in democracy, and are becoming fascist in every sense of the word.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide