Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Ereiam  
I just feel like sex is now treated as taboo/illegal because of women MeTooing men due to their abuse of power.

Especially when third-wave feminism exist then and still kinda exist today.

If sex won’t be extinct, then women need to stop acting like sex is misogynistic over powerful male sexual predators or stop assuming all Men are sexual predators just because a majority of women MeToo’d men, rightfully or wrongfully, or because their woke shit like Captain Marvel, Batwoman or High Guardian Spice was trashed and wokebroken by incels or alt-right.

I just don’t know how to defend the existence of men or sex or criticizing MeToo/Times Up without getting treated like shit or get called an incel.
Background Pony #A191
@Ereiam  
That is true, although that aside, I still am interested to see if anyone online or in real life is able to actually refute all of the points I have made in my latest post (and no, this is not directed at you, specifically, but rather at just anyone and everyone who’s ideologically opposed to said points I’ve made—along with my reasoning/rationale behind them—in general).
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ereiam
I just feel like sex is now treated as taboo/illegal because of women MeTooing men due to their abuse of power.

Actually, sex is not taboo or illegal. Being a predator and sexually abusing others is. So, don’t be a predator or sexually abuse others, be respectful of your partners and considerate of their needs and desires, and you can have all the sex you can handle.

I just don’t know how to defend the existence of men or sex or criticizing MeToo/Times Up without getting treated like shit or get called an incel.

If even you think you sound like an INCEL, then maybe you are an INCEL.

I find it hard to believe you live somewhere that men’s existence is something you have to defend, or are unable to stand against sexual predators or sexual assault or harassment because you’ll get treated like shit.

Maybe change the people who you are getting your opinions from. If someone is giving you shit for not sexually assaulting women then don’t hang out with them. If someone is telling you that men need to be exterminated then don’t hang out with them.

2LDR: try not watching the Manosphere for a few months and see if your attitude improves.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
You have no idea what you’re talking about and your characterization of what feminists believe is laughably out of touch. Stop basing your opinions on how people that despise feminists characterize them and try actually listening to people you disagree with for once. Obviously someone like Carl Benjamin or Tucker Carlson are going to do anything they can to make feminists sound evil. Your entire understanding of what these people believe is based on a stereotype designed to prevent societal progress.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #A191  
I don’t know what you are asking to have refuted, but I’ll give it a swing.

…I mean, just like Twitter, regarding them banning figures like Trump and Alex Jones, Facebook and Instagram technically are private platforms, essentially meaning that they are not obligated by law to prevent people from—nor allow people to—us(ing) them as platforms for purposes of free speech and free expression, or whatnot.

Private companies protect their product and themselves.

For a company like Facebook nothing matters more than the bottom line, until it matters.

For example they weren’t a ‘Unique Identity Platform’ until one of their executives said they were in Federal Court. Now if they ARE NOT a ‘Unique Identify Platform’ that executive is perjured and the results of the trial might get revisited. So they ARE a ‘Unique Identity Platform’ in every form of communication that might appear in discovery - even if they aren’t.

Trump and Alex Jones were not being throttled by Facebook until they started doing things that resulted in lawsuits in the BILLIONS of $US, and started losing those cases. Trump and Alex Jones have lost every significant trial that went to court and because they were using Facebook to do that, Facebook is exposed.

And the exposure was greater than the potential profit.

So Facebook creates a rule set that allows them to kick those liabilities off of their platform to defend their own bottom line.

And seeing how people would constantly use that logic in regards to right-wingers and/righ-wing extremists getting banned off of such sites, I would also expect that they (and you, as well) would most certainly consistently apply such logic to everything and anything else—again, regarding social media outlets like Facebook and Instagram, along with Twitter—too.

The far right and the far left seem to enjoy believing that everything is the result of a conspiracy.

Even when what is really happening is that the free market has voted.

And the vote went against them.

Which they know the free market would NEVER do in a MILLION years so it must REALLY be lizard men from the hollow center of the Earth controlling all governments on the planet and private companies like Facebook by eating the adrenal glands of children in the basements of pizza parlors.

Because Facebook would NEVER do anything just to protect their giant piles of money! That’s UNTHINKABLE in a free market capitalist environment.

Same thing happens here.

Say in the past we ban someone for sending a massively threatening PM to someone else, threatening to drive to their house and slit their throat, or threatening to shoot up a school, in excruciating detail and with so much specific information that we treated it as a plausible threat of harm.

Obviously it wasn’t because they broke Rule #0 so hard the police actually got involved.

No no no - couldn’t be that. No, it OBVIOUSLY had to be because we’re controlled and paid by (((Soros))) who is trying to drive all right-thinking rational people from the internet because this thread is a lefty hug box and it was their TRUE and JUST opinions that got them banned, not their homicidal threats.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
What if a black man is falsely accused of robbing a bank and then gets killed by the cops? Would you assume that anyone who’s anti-robbery supports that or are you capable of acknowledging that in the effort to prevent some bad things in our society, there are inevitably more problems we have to deal with to fight towards justice?

You don’t honestly think that a man being falsely accused of rape is worse than a woman being raped, do you?! There have been tons of guilty scumbags, like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby. Should we have let them stay free just to prevent any hypothetical false accusations from ever happening?
Background Pony #F6BB
@Kiryu-Chan  
Whu, what, who, where?  
What happened again with those two? Please don’t let them be back to relevance, I don’t think I can survive a revival of The Great Channer Spergout of 2014 over Sarkeesian and Quinn mediocre products
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
That’s a ridiculous fear that only a misogynist would worry about. You obviously do believe on some level that women are unreasonable and oppressive or you wouldn’t fear them getting more power in our society.

I say that we’ve tried the past few thousand years with men in charge and look at the shithole we’ve turned this planet into. So sure, let’s give women a chance, they literally could not do any worse.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
This is a great example of the kind of strawmanning you keep doing here.

You say that something is because of some extreme and utterly unfounded and irrational speculation that you claim OTHER PEOPLE think.

Then you accuse the person you are responding to of being ok with that extreme and utterly unfounded and irrational speculation happening.

Please stop doing this.

Please stop doing this now.

And - seriously - if those ‘people’ fear that, that’s their shit. Stop carrying their shit here and making OTHER people defend it as if they agreed.

Instead, stop hanging out with those ‘people’ who fear stupid things, and stop making yourself personally responsible for the stupid things other people think.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
No you don’t. You don’t ‘just want men and women to get along’. People just getting along has absolutely zero to do with your comments here today.

• No one is going to ‘exterminate’ you because you’re a man.  
• There is no ‘majority of woke female driven movies’ - the vast majority of movies still feature male leads.  
• Women will not take over the world because ‘women are SJWs’

Stop reading the manosphere and alt-right shit that you’ve been reading. Do something else with your life.

I wish I was a woman so things would be a lot more easier.

If you were literally a woman, how do you think your recent posts would look to you?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I don’t see you breaking any rules except for the straw-manning you’ve been doing, but I’m participating in the thread so I am not here as a moderator and maybe someone actually on duty will have a different opinion.
Background Pony #F6BB
@Kiryu-Chan  
This was the moment where the general public realized that the so called 4chan influenced Internet “culture” was an out of control threat, a constant ticking bomb of overreaction. Seriously, we’re talking about a movement that absolutely lost their collective shit over a mediocre critic who painted herself in a corner calling everything and their mom sexist to the point that the only game that found grace in her eyes was some pixelated indie confidential game called Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP. Do you remember that game? Do you remember it like you remember Paper Please, Undertale or The Stanley Parable?  
Exactly
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I thought you were scared of being exterminated because you have a penis, and women taking over the world, and SJWs making it so you never see a movie ever again that has a male lead in it, among other things.

@Ciaran  
I haven’t played Stanley Parable, but if it’s being compared to Papers Please and Undertale maybe I should.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Stop reading the manosphere and alt-right shit that you’ve been reading. Do something else with your life.

Or at the very least, stop assuming that the hysterical screechings of the meninists or the estrogen brigade you come across are the product of anything else than a minority whose loudness is inversely proportional to its size (the more marginal they become, the more vocal they get to try and compensate).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide