Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Dustcan

These are very, very stupid people who deserve no respect for prolonging a global pandemic.

I read that they even protested in favour of Nicki Minaj over her ridiculous comments. On the other hand, she is also considering getting vaccinated.

As the old saying goes, loose lips sink ships.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve signed up to be a poll watcher for the early vote here in VA.

We had some problems in 2019 with asshole conservative poll watchers coercing people from getting provisional ballots. I’m going to make sure such shenanigans don’t happen on my watch.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

By observing them, and then catching the people they trick and taking them back to get their provisional ballots. And I’ll have the elections commission report line on speed dial to report the bastards.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
The thing about an endemic Covid is that, it’s going to cost lives  
The question is, how little lives must be lost until we say “yes we can open” and whether we can live with that
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Virginia is the ranked 6th in business growth, constantly in the top of personal wealth growth, and have higher medium incomes than over half the nation.

But Youngkin insists that VA is “suffering”.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

France’s reactions to the cancelled submarine deal seems excessive but is it a play for the gallery hiding ulterior motives? Some kind of power play? Strengthening Macrons position in the upcoming election against the French rightwing?

It seems they had indications the deal could be cancelled: https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20210917-australian-pm-says-he-warned-france-that-submarine-deal-could-be-scrapped

Hopefully relations can be mended and Nato can become part of a united front to contain China in Asia and the rest of the world once France calms down.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
Says she’s taking Zithromax, HCQ, and the medically recommended Regeneron treatment. There’s a part of me that thinks she shouldn’t be allowed the latter. If you’re gonna put your faith in a bunch of Facebook remedies, you don’t get the good stuff. Save the monoclonal antibodies for people who aren’t hedging their bets with forsythia.
Background Pony #A191
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
If they are also protecting progressive, leftist, far-left, and even ‘liberal’ disinformation, then there is absolutely no sufficient reason to be complaining about just one side being “protected in spreading disinformation”.

The question, then, is are they protecting the other side, as well?
Background Pony #A191
@Zincy  
Curious question, then: is this something that’s only happened recently as a result of what you’ve appeared to have been implying the situation in Virginia as being a total Democrat stranglehold of the state, or has this been going on for longer than that?
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan  
And all the comments under that post and in the “related tweets” section are saying that this is all apparently some undercover FBI conspiracy BS to try and make the far-right look bad.

Why am i not surprised.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #A191

Dems have held the governor’s mansion for the past few cycles, and while the dems only recently held the majorities, the Reps never had a super majority. So the dems forced them to compromise a lot. Plus, they had to stick to the center since the dems controlled the top ticket.

The economic centers of VA are also dem strongholds. NOVA, the beach and Norfolk, the greater Richmond area, and The Roanoke Valley.

Most of the growth has come from center and center left policies. VA languished in the bottom half of the economic growth for 2 decades of mostly Republican rule before 09, when NOVA started flexing its muscle and the Norfolk doubled in population.

Almost all our growth has occurred in the last 9 years.
Background Pony #A191
@Ciaran  
Both of these responses are fair enough, even though my intention was to go after the people who use this logic of “hurr durr it’s a private company and they can do whatever they want, hueh hueh” to see if they would actually apply that logic consistently to other issues or perceived “issues” that Violet highlighted in her post that I responded to, as well as that what I meant by saying “no one has bothered to refute any of those points, so far” was that no one of whom I’ve ever seen on the internet when brought up with this inconsistency in their “company can do what it wants” talking point has ever even tried to refute that argument for consistency, and by the looks of your argument, it seems that while you have made the correct judgment that social media companies like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will do anything to protect their bottom line in the end, your post hasn’t really done anything to address the consistency issue that I’ve pointed out in both this post, and the one you’ve originally responded to, there.

No no no — couldn’t be that. No, it OBVIOUSLY had to be because we’re controlled and paid by (((Soros))) who is trying to drive all right-thinking rational people from the internet because this thread is a lefty hug box and it was their TRUE and JUST opinions that got them banned, not their homicidal threats.

…..I’m not exactly sure if this is low-key an assumption made by you as to what you believe that I think is/are the true reason(s) behind why certain people on this platform with right-wing beliefs may have ended up being banned to begin with, but if it isn’t, then that’s understandable.

…….Although if it is, then I must say: you seem to have a real problem with assuming the worst—let alone with making assumptions in general, as well—of other people that you don’t exactly agree with, and seeing how have been doing that with nearly every interaction you’ve had with Hollowfox Jaeger regarding why he’s been saying the things that he’s said, so far, then you doing that is nothing short of condemnable, as far as I care.
Background Pony #A191
@Zincy  
…Ah, that’s interesting (although to potentially imply that economic growth has never occurred under Republican governorship is practically farcical, considering that such a thing has occurred in Texas prior to the pandemic, and in California during the 60s, 70s, and especially the 80s and 90s).
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #A191

It grew, but no where near the way it has recently.

We’ve spent the last 10ish years in the top 7 in turns of major indicators like economic growth, business opportunity, and employment. We also weathered covid so well that we ended up with a budget surplus.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #1F81

TBF there has been quite a few cases recently where a lot of important people in far-right movements have been outed as either FBI informants, or outright agents provocateurs (for lack of a better term). The head of Atomwaffen was an FBI informant, as was the person who supposedly planned to kidnap that Illinois governor. There were informants within the cadre that pulled the Capitol Hill stunt back in January, and recently another major figure of the far-right was outed as an informant. I’ll have to check r/StupIdpol to see who it was and edit this post with it.

Point being: things like this being FBI ops aren’t that extraordinary, and while I agree with you that such events should be taken at face-value, we can’t discount the possibility of them being influenced by state actors either.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #A191  
Oh no, that was an actual example. And sadly not a very limited one - that kind of thing happens at least once a year, sometimes more often, and we’ve been told that kind of stuff in those very words. There’s folks here who honestly are convinced that we all draw a check from Soros at the end of each week and that this EU based site is somehow a part of the Qanon “swamp”.

The whole thing with that user you mentioned is that sometimes if I talk with them then we don’t have to ban them. I personally don’t have an opinion about any of that Manosphere stuff until I have to talk someone off of a ledge.

This thread in and of itself isn’t a great place to judge others, or even to get a read on their opinions in any case. For us, by which I mean the volunteers who work on the site, this thread is a containment zone that only exists to keep the politics off of the rest of the site, and most of the time if one of us is in here it’s because there was a report, and whomever shows up here just happened to be the only person willing to put on a pair of Wellies and wade in here to deal with it.

There is a reason this thread is named “Tartarus” after all.

As for whatever “issues” Violet brought up, I would have to go back and look. I was just trying to respond to what you’d said, and was talking about the social media stuff because we get so much “Muh Free Speech” from time to time.
Background Pony #A191
@Ebalosus  
Knowing that you and AaronMk have had the objectively best (though not entirely 100% dead-on) takes of any user in this thread regarding the Capitol Hill ‘insurrection’, I am actually curious as to what sources you’ve gotten this information, from.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ebalosus  
Are you referring to Cameron Shea? The leader of Atomwaffen Division, who was sentenced recently to three years in prison for federal conspiracy and hate crime?

Is that “The head of Atomwaffen” who you are saying was “outed as an FBI informant”?

Or are you talking about a different “head of Atomwaffen”?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #A191

Threads like this when it comes to left-wing sources, which will link to an article from the Guardian, Reuter, NBC, or The Intercept, and others will provide examples and links in the comments.

Here goes Jacobin talking about the Illinois governor plot.

As someone who’s very skeptical by nature, I tend not to believe in conspiracies unless the evidence is damn good; and when it comes to false-flags and paranoia surrounding that, I will entertain the notion, but see it more broadly when it comes to government policy: “if the state security apparatuses have no trouble infiltrating such groups to keep tabs on them, then what’s the point of pushing for dragnet surveillance!? Now where things get uncomfortable and where I’m willing to entertain what I consider conspiratorial counterfactuals, is when the “ok, so they know something bad is going to happen. Why don’t they do something about it?” question is asked.

Let’s use January 6th as an example, because I was informed about a big event happening on that day before Christmas. If me checking on Twitter knew that the MAGAchuds were going to do something big, then the FBI et cetera surely would’ve known better, thus would’ve been better prepared. The fact that protestors breached the Capitol at all shows either gross incompetence, gross miscommunication, or controversially, someone wanted something to happen due to the never let a good crisis go to waste maxim.

For what it’s worth, I’m of the opinion that even if the rightoids are right about muh glowie infiltration such events happening and the reaction to said events doesn’t mean as much as they tend to think. For example, even if you think that Bush orchestrated 9/11, people still died and the world still changed for the worse; and even if the truth came to light, it still wouldn’t undo either the deaths or the bad stuff. In the case of the Unite the Right rally mentioned above, even if it’s all FBI agents, it doesn’t make the rightoid’s shitty world views any more correct, nor validate any of their beliefs.

@Ciaran

Unfortunately I can’t find the source for that, as my Twitter was DMCA’d last month, and with it all the bookmarks on there. I do remember that it was someone major in Atomwaffen that was outed as an FBI informant however, as it was being talked about amongst friend who do buy into the muh glowie stuff a wee bit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide