Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #46FA
Stop expecting to get paid for your time:
There are many of us who just can’t separate the idea that if we are working, we should be getting paid. We think that if we are using our time to do something, there should be some form of monetary reward.
We often hear ourselves saying things like, “I am not doing that for free,” but we’re not looking at what we’re actually learning or the skills we are gaining from the use of our time. This mindset that our time should always be exchanged for money needs to go. When you start thinking that your time could be exchanged for other things like learning new skills and bettering yourself, you’ll start seeing the rewards it brings to your life (which, hey, will lead to more money at some point).
Realize that there is huge value in our time; there’s always something more to learn. Understand that value extends beyond money, and you’ll start using your time more intentionally without even thinking about it. Because the advantages and successes you begin to see appear in your life will propel you forward.

A super-preachy-peachy ‘Pick yourself up by your bootstraps’ article. If taken charitably it’s actually sorta helpful.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The Biden administration recently moved to grant full VA benefits to veterans who were forced into less than honorable discharge due to Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.

This will immediately affect 14,000 former service members, granting them almost immediate access to the VA.

Estimates range on how may homosexual, bisexual, and trans individuals were forced out of the military over the years, with the higher end suggesting upwards to 100,000 people.

Conservatives, predictably, are calling this overreach.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@NitroFury
I remember there was this one guy called Geeks and Gamers who had this really bad.
He made a post on twitter trying to snap back at people saying that he has an obsession with Brie Larson and he said that he isn;t obsessed.
Quick screencap of his channel during the time of said tweet showed him posting a video ranting about Brie Larson almost every single day.

And I need to add this yesterday. These Anti-SJW grifters seem have their mindset stuck in 2015, and that’s not a strawman, nor a dishonest portrayal of them. And you most likely find them in the Nerd Culture.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

labor shortage in restaurants keeps happening.

That’s what you get for taking your employee’s goodwill and their tolerance to your bullshit for granted, restaurant owners!
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
That Arizona ballot audit is still months overdue. In fact, Cyber Ninjas was supposed to submit their final analysis papers 3 weeks ago. Instead just a few days ago they were found out partying with the Arizona GOP.

A couple weeks ago they used the excuse that some of their guys caught Covid so they had to delay the final release. Pictures of this party showed the bar packed to the brim without a mask in sight. So I guess they’re going to blame Covid for another delay.

Farron Cousins put it best. This is what the Republican party is. They paid millions to one of their buddies to “investigate” the election. Not only are they months overdue, they’re partying with those guys even as their constituents are starting to ask what’s going on.
Background Pony #A191
@NitroFury

…Yeah, all of us have already gotten the gist that you have a massive eternal hate-boner for those so-called ‘Anti-SJW’s’, at this point, so if I may offer a quick rebuke to your endless recycling of quite literally the exact same point that you’ve constantly and consistently made in this thread for God-only-knows-how-long, now—courtesy of another user, here…

You what grinds my gears? Anti-SJWs Grifters milking the same topic over and over and over again just make money; instead of letting it go.
@NitroFury
Kind of like what you do in this thread with “Anti-SJWs” (without the ‘grift’ aspect, that is).

…..I mean, what else is there to say of your longstanding obsession over them?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Some mook at Breitbart, the ever reliable source of word diarrhea, posted a peice claiming that liberals are using reverse psychology to trick conservatives into not taking the vaccine in an effort to kill them.

I’m sort of at a loss for words.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

Reminds me of 2 Hi-larious pieces I saw the other day.

The first was a meme. Basically saying how Conservatives want to “own the libs” by dying, meanwhile Libs can “own the Cons” by giving them free healthcare.

The second unfortunately shows that we do indeed live in the stupid timeline. The other day Benji-Boy Shapiro and his Daily Wire colleagues were blaming Obama for killing Rock n Roll…by taking away “White Angst”.

There’s a whole lot to unpack about that last point. I’m not sure if the biggest one was that ol’ White Boy Shapiro thinks that Rock n Roll will die just because “The Man” told it to, or that Obama getting rid of built-in racial anxiety is a thing he can do or that it’s a bad thing.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Not when it is encouraged in the new laws and encourages censorship to please the China Overlord of corporations. If you can’t view the law in it’s entity and say it’s good, than it’s not a good law. Only picking the good parts only encourages the same scummy behavior in the future, and China’s dictator always has many miles.

So, what is even you’re damn point here?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

In his mind, Rock And Roll…the genre born out of the sounds and souls of Harlem, was reliant on “white angst”.

Sharpy really is pretty dull.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Pretty sure I’m not. You just hand-wave-away the queer-censor and anti-gay parts of the law as “that’s just how China is” instead of calling it out just because it also goes after digital gambling. Here’s the Yong video for anyone who wants to know what we’re arguing over.

You’re missing the part where I did say that yes, the collateral damage of these moves is a bad thing. However it conflates the reality of China on the ground with the presentation that is carried out in the Chinese market. While Beijing has passed laws that draws queer representation in its dragnet, it also also in the passed year carried out extensive material reforms in LGBT rights, from the right to adopt, marry, be public, inherit property, and share financial accounts like hetero couples.

This is often what the entirety of western media does when it turns its gaze against China because it is often trying to divert from a similar case at home.

So tell me, Lucario; how do you feel about women in Battlefield 1?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@AaronMk  
I never played nor care about Battlefield 1.

Also, this article points out how Chinese officials and Tencent are categorizing homosexual relationships as “wrong values.”

Word of the slowdown followed a meeting between Chinese officials and representatives of Tencent and NetEase, an internet technology company. The purpose of that meeting was to reinforce the need to enforce restrictions, and also to lay out other content guidelines: Games with a “wrong set of values,” including “gay love,” are to be avoided, according to the report, and the companies were also instructed to ease up on monetization and profit-focused game mechanics.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

To what little credit he deserves, when you think of the big name Rockstars the ones that come to mind are a bunch of aging white guys.

But yes, a genre all about telling authority to shove it died because authority told them to. And Shapiro is considered one of the smart ones.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

After watching a review of what can charitably be called his “book”, smart is not an adjective I’d use to describe him.

As someone who has a book that involves a fat elf girl threatening to beat her lover to death with his own leg, I can safely say that despite not being any sort of authority on literature and in fact being a complete lunatic, I can write better than that dunce.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
I never played nor care about Battlefield 1.
Also, this article points out how Chinese officials and Tencent are categorizing homosexual relationships as “wrong values.”
Word of the slowdown followed a meeting between Chinese officials and representatives of Tencent and NetEase, an internet technology company. The purpose of that meeting was to reinforce the need to enforce restrictions, and also to lay out other content guidelines: Games with a “wrong set of values,” including “gay love,” are to be avoided, according to the report, and the companies were also instructed to ease up on monetization and profit-focused game mechanics.

Funny, because I’ve heard officials also say the opposite. Because guess what: despite Beijing’s best efforts or self-proclaimed China watchers in the US, China isn’t a monolithic entity. Which comes back around to the original points I made in the prior discussion: you have two government groups acting towards roughly the same goal, and they will willfully do collateral because they imagine they may clean it up later, since they are trying to Jiang Jemin consensus building and loop-hole construction. The material reason for this? China is a patchwork of provincial governments working as more of a federation as the US does, than the straight top-down autocracy it poses itself as.

In his memoirs Chinese novelist Yu Hua describes the current and contemporary historical image of China as marked by severe disparities. Confirmed by folk I know with professional ties to China, the shape of this political disparity takes on refined shape. Provincial - and even city - governments run the gamut of ruling autism as AnCap to severe orthodox Maoist and all points between. Often the act with such severe independence of Beijing they do wildly redundant things. In a case Yu Hua’s talks about: ten cities have built ten super-ports for freight, when Beijing advised for only one, and one would have done.

Amending 1910’s style decency laws however will not, regrettably: achieve the end goal of China which is ascend into being a European and American styled service economy which as far as the Standing Politburo has decided requires some preening of its gardens. It will take out things, and the only thing they can do is to do the bad look of “shut up and stay clear, we did you a good earlier”.

And it does not matter whether or not you play Battlefield 1, or ever have. Because you are not a part of the China market, you have no influence there. But the point remains: what are your thoughts on women in Battlefield 1. Do not deflect my deflection; it is important.
Background Pony #A191
Some mook at Breitbart, the ever reliable source of word diarrhea, posted a peice claiming that liberals are using reverse psychology to trick conservatives into not taking the vaccine in an effort to kill them.

Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the people in this thread (not necessarily you, though) would’ve actually wanted for that to actually happen to them (the conservatives) in real life, then.

That being said, the premise behind that main point being made in the article is incredibly stupid, and appears to rely on nothing but baseless conspiracy theory crap, regardless.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #A191

Its honesty even stupid for Breitbart, so I’m going to guess it was an opinion peice posted on the site.

I’ve noticed that their OpEd section tends to be full on Koolaid drinkers so deep in the weeds they’re finding rusty moonshine stills.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
Are the USA riots still going on, or did they die down awhile back?

No, it’s quiet. And can confirm the cities are still there. I’ve visited.

@AaronMk
I’m not in a mood to read any of that.

I’ll give you your L.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump is now calling on Senate Reps to oust Moscow Mitch for the position of Minority Leader.

I say Win-Win! Either they fail and MAGA continues to fall into the irrelevance they deserve, or they succeed and McConnell is no longer in any position to run circles around Dems and is instead replaced by some MAGAt who probably doesn’t even know how to tie their shoelaces.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide