Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@AaronMk  
George Floyd protesters absolutely should have been armed to the teeth

@Zincy  
Thats because liberals are pro-gun control for whatever fucking reason  
If libs had any sense, they would be stocking their shelves with AKs instead of pushing for nonsense gun control laws(aka, all gun control laws)
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Commune

I’m decently well armed myself. And I plan to stay that way with all these crazy QAnon fucks out there. The psycho losers want to kill anyone who disagrees with them.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

I’m a capitalist, I think we’ve established this by now. And I naturally view the world through a lens of transactionalism. But, I am of the meritocratic sort. I abhor cronyism, and all such abominations of the market.

Relationships are no different, nor are jobs, or any other merit based system.

I believe in progress on merit, not handouts nor assumptions. Not fit for a job? You don’t get that job, go find another. Not successful with a perspective mate? You’re not going to get them, go for someone else. You are now owed anything.

On the same token, I don’t think there should be roadblocks. Equality comes from giving everyone all the opportunities and tools they need to thrive. Not by dragging others down, nor unfairly elevating anyone else up (which includes the big dogs, CEOs should not be untouchable and money should not buy legal shields. Fairness should be the law of the land).

Marginalized groups need help right now, obviously. They’ve faced decades (and in several cases centuries) of oppression and unfair treatment that has put them at a severe disadvantage, so naturally we should do what we can to level the field for them. We need to encourage, and at times incentivize (and met out punishment in the pursuit of) diversity and equality.

I just say it should be done with merit and transactional values in mind. If you’re not fit for a position you’re not fit for it, regardless of your phenotype. Diversity is good for the market. Diversity of thought, ideas, skills, and buying power are net positives that our current form of capitalism has seemed to forgotten. We should definitely be pursuing equality and progressive ideals. But, skills are skills and they ultimately trump everything else when it comes to the marketplace, and the bedroom.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@CaptainXtra
And they don’t have guns to fight back with so they’re screwed. Fully expecting Australia to become a dictatorship.

Look, I’m not gonna lie. I don’t like what’s going on in Australia but that was just a stupid thing to say. If the people had guns and used them against the cops, it would quickly turn into a bloodbath for the people, not the cops who will take little to no casualties, and will pretty much give the Australian government an excuse to crack down even harder.

To say nothing of your prediction that AUSTRALIA will become a dictatorship. You do know how government works right?
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
George Floyd protesters absolutely should have been armed to the teeth

Ain’t disagreeing. Would have made the match ups more 1:1 and made the police hesitate to engage. They could have had their marches with kettling and mass arrests.

I’m sure our friend’s tune here tho would be calling for blood and cries of terrorism tho
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@AaronMk  
The crackdowns would have been worse and would have given the cops the excuse they wanted to gun down the protestors. Not to mention, whatever goodwill the protestors were getting from the general public would quickly disintegrate as the media labels them as terrorists and insurrectionists.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Blaming Brexit supporters for the effects of a global pandemic is akin to blaming #RetakeMassEffect for Donald Trump’s victory. Hell, even if you exclude the pandemic, no one thought that Brexit would happen the way it has. The understanding before the vote was that should the UK choose to leave, it would renegotiate trade and other deals with the EU, and when all was said and done, there would be changes, but not the clusterfuck of incompetence we’ve seen.
According to people I know from the UK, most of this is caused by Labour’s indecisiveness on Brexit (not helped by Corbyn speaking out of both sides of his mouth) and the Tories essentially being blindsided by the ‘yes’ vote winning, and not having a clear path to make a smooth Brexit happen.

@Dustcan  
Blaming Brexit supporters for the effects of a global pandemic is akin to blaming #RetakeMassEffect for Donald Trump’s victory.
I’m not sure that’s the defense you think it is since #RetakeMassEffect was the proto-Gamergate, and Goobergators are proudly responsible for the rise of today’s Alt-Reich.
Dooberbaps might not be directly responsible for Dear Leader, but they did lay the groundwork. And on that same train of thought, Brexit might not be directly responsible for Britain getting shanked hard by Covid but it did shake up its economic supply lines just in time for Covid to say “Bonjour”.

Can you two please leave GamerGate out of this conversation related to Brexit fucking up the UK?

Because holy shit.

Yeah I’m resuming this Topic:

full
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Anti-vaxers are leaving the workforce in record numbers to “protest” mandates.

Couple this with what we learned about the incels and NEETs the other day and you get a fine picture of the workforce purging itself of morons.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Zincy  
I know someone who works as a nurse at a hospital. The hospital is overwhelmed by covid patients, the nurses can see first hand what can happen if they’re not vaccinated, they obviously have an education in healthcare, and still a large portion of the hospital’s workforce would rather quit than comply with a requirement to be vaccinated. It’s just unbelievable how goddamn stupid these people can be.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@kleptomage

I know oodles of nursing students who would be willing to take their places while the idiots go starve themselves for their stupid principles.

@Penguin Dragneel

Like I said in a comment section on one of the articles “let them be poor, hungry, and dead”.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Breitbart has realized that maybe, maybe killing their followers might not be the best idea both from a business sense and, as they explain, electorally when some races are decided by a fairly thin margin. A revelation that Fox News seems to realize and forget on a weekly basis. So Breitbart is now encouraging their viewers to get vaccinated.

But they also realize that their demographic really are just that dumb, so they’re trying to trick their audience by telling them to get vaccinated so they can - Of Course! - ‘Own the Libz’

It’s funny in a sad way we’ve reached this point. But, uh, sure. If that’s what it takes then fine.

Go own the libz by not killing yourself!
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
So I just learned that butthurt white supremacists / identity europa morons get upset about the idea of painted statues.

Apparently, the fact that the Greeks and Romans painted their statues and buildings, rather than leaving them bone white as they are interpreted today, is “anti white”. As if the very color itself is their identity.

How delightfully absurd.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Zincy  
I think it’s more that it reminds them that greeks and romans weren’t white by modern standards and they need those people to be white because they need big impressive cultures and empires that the traditionally white people didn’t make until the colonial era and it’s harder to sell people on that,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide