Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump, a 70+ old man, is still trying new ways to get back on social media. This time by launching a new social media platform!
No, not that one. This is his second attempt at creating a new website, this time called “TRUTH Social”. And of course its announcement pitch is filled with buzz-words that get all the right wing a hard on, like “Liberal”, “Fight back!”, “Big Tech”, etc.
But like the first one its security is so piss-poor that it’s already been hacked. Even the handle @donaldtrump has been taken from someone very much not an overweight orange illiterate.
Another quibble? It’s another one of those hackneyed ‘Freeze Peach!’ sites…but of course one its own TOS bans you from criticizing the site itself. As always some speech is more free than others in the right wing.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
The fact that they are more concerned about transphobia than that one movie where they distributed a movie about young girls dancing provocatively like a stripper and glorifies pedophilia just shows that double standards is retarded.
Background Pony #8F21
Trump, a 70+ old man, is still trying new ways to get back on social media. This time by launching a new social media platform!
No, not that one. This is his second attempt at creating a new website, this time called “TRUTH Social”. And of course its announcement pitch is filled with buzz-words that get all the right wing a hard on, like “Liberal”, “Fight back!”, “Big Tech”, etc.
But like the first one its security is so piss-poor that it’s already been hacked. Even the handle @donaldtrump has been taken from someone very much not an overweight orange illiterate.
Another quibble? It’s another one of those hackneyed ‘Freeze Peach!’ sites…but of course one its own TOS bans you from criticizing the site itself. As always some speech is more free than others in the right wing.
Don’t forget, Trump’s new TRUTH site is owned by the Chinese Communist Party.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Flutter_Lover
I don’t transphobia as it is more about fragile ego or they’re faking it. They were probably laughing at the jokes such as Clifford the big black n1gg3r Q-anon jokes, heck they also probably laughed at the lesbian jokes, gay jokes, and transgender jokes.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
There was a report out that Manchin was threatening to leave the Democrat party if Biden doesn’t (continue) to capitulate to his demands. When confronted about it Manchin was furiously in denial over it. Frankly I believe him when he says he doesn’t want to leave.
He can do far more damage to the party from the inside after all.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
He raised a stink about his dead wife’s name being used to cast a ballot. But an investigation revealed he’s the one who cast it.
Sadly he’s one of MAGA’s more bright ones.
Good to know stealing a used car is more illegal than trying to murder the VP.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
There’s a scare going around right now that America is currently in a position to lose a possible war with China and Russia due to severely lagging behind in “Hypersonic Weapons” development.
Well, with our already bloated amount of money pumped into weapons production here in Yankee land, America should have no issue with funding advancements in that weapons field but for some reason they’ll increase the damn military budget anyway.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I should note that the following speech isn’t by me.
Comparing video game violence and hateful speech is not quite right because the former is obvious while the later is not.
I remember when Columbine shooting occurred, many people blamed South Park for inspiring the killers. This is similar to people blaming violent video games for creating violent people. Like you said, those claims are not really supported by the studies. However, is that because people are unable to be influence any media in general, or is it because that particular media cannot does not influence behavior?
I would argue is that what studies show is not that people are never influence by media, but rather that violent media does not influence people to be violent. Most people realize that killing others is wrong. There is little ambiguity about the wrongness about going around killing every prostitute you see (like in GTA). If you were to poll people if machine gunning a public square is acceptable, most would say no. However, what about cases that are not as clear cut? Is it appropriate to call a trans person mentally ill? If you polled that question to people, you would more diverse answers. If you polled the population if it is okay to make fun of someone because they are fat, you would not get a clear cut “no” answer like you would if you asked if being a serial killer is okay.
This is why I think it is incorrect to compare media in general to violent media. Violence is mostly a clear cut unacceptable part of society. No amount of violent games will make people reverse what they obviously already know to be true. However, hateful speech has the opportunity to be more effective because the opinions of hateful speech are more diverse. Maybe you are on the fence as to whether or not you think calling someone a fat slob is okay or not. If you hear it on TV all the time as an acceptable joke, you might find it to be acceptable. Back to my South Park example, that show most probably did not contribute those student shooting up Columbine, or contribute to others committing violent acts. That is because people mostly already know violence is wrong. However, the show probably did increase the amount of people calling other “fatass” or “stupid Jew” or “evil ginger.” That is because those ideas are not obviously wrong for many, so it is possible to influence to lean them in one way or the other.
You can compare this with advertising. No matter how hard the ad companies try, they will never be able to sell me a car. I don’t drive, so I have no need of a car. To me, that ad flies over my head because what I see as the truth is obvious. Similar to how I know that I don’t need a car, I know that there is no condition in which going on a killing spree is fine. However, fast foods ads might work on me. I occasionally eat fast food. The mall I go to has multiple fast food restaurants. Without doubt, my choice to eat at what restaurant on that particular day might be influenced by which ad I most recently saw. The fast food ads would be similar to media with hateful ideas. I am not committed to a certain idea (have no favourite restaurant) so my mind can fluctuate based on what I intake.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Taking your stated view as a general example - do you believe “Mein Kampf” has caused harm? Do you believe the Bible, Torah or Quran have caused harm? Or, if you’re more interested in political talk, do you believe Das Kapital has caused harm?
Books are media and there are other forms of media that had direct consequences, such as “La muette de Portici”, an opera that, in some sense, started a revolution.
Media has power over people’s minds, whether we like it or not. It can do amazing things, inspire and spread knowledge or it can hurt, misinform and even, to a degree, brainwash.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Comparing video game violence and hateful speech is not quite right because the former is obvious while the later is not.
I remember when Columbine shooting occurred, many people blamed South Park for inspiring the killers. This is similar to people blaming violent video games for creating violent people. Like you said, those claims are not really supported by the studies. However, is that because people are unable to be influence any media in general, or is it because that particular media cannot does not influence behavior?
I would argue is that what studies show is not that people are never influence by media, but rather that violent media does not influence people to be violent. Most people realize that killing others is wrong. There is little ambiguity about the wrongness about going around killing every prostitute you see (like in GTA). If you were to poll people if machine gunning a public square is acceptable, most would say no. However, what about cases that are not as clear cut? Is it appropriate to call a trans person mentally ill? If you polled that question to people, you would more diverse answers. If you polled the population if it is okay to make fun of someone because they are fat, you would not get a clear cut “no” answer like you would if you asked if being a serial killer is okay.
This is why I think it is incorrect to compare media in general to violent media. Violence is mostly a clear cut unacceptable part of society. No amount of violent games will make people reverse what they obviously already know to be true. However, hateful speech has the opportunity to be more effective because the opinions of hateful speech are more diverse. Maybe you are on the fence as to whether or not you think calling someone a fat slob is okay or not. If you hear it on TV all the time as an acceptable joke, you might find it to be acceptable. Back to my South Park example, that show most probably did not contribute those student shooting up Columbine, or contribute to others committing violent acts. That is because people mostly already know violence is wrong. However, the show probably did increase the amount of people calling other “fatass” or “stupid Jew” or “evil ginger.” That is because those ideas are not obviously wrong for many, so it is possible to influence to lean them in one way or the other.
You can compare this with advertising. No matter how hard the ad companies try, they will never be able to sell me a car. I don’t drive, so I have no need of a car. To me, that ad flies over my head because what I see as the truth is obvious. Similar to how I know that I don’t need a car, I know that there is no condition in which going on a killing spree is fine. However, fast foods ads might work on me. I occasionally eat fast food. The mall I go to has multiple fast food restaurants. Without doubt, my choice to eat at what restaurant on that particular day might be influenced by which ad I most recently saw. The fast food ads would be similar to media with hateful ideas. I am not committed to a certain idea (have no favourite restaurant) so my mind can fluctuate based on what I intake.
Taking your stated view as a general example - do you believe “Mein Kampf” has caused harm? Do you believe the Bible, Torah or Quran have caused harm? Or, if you’re more interested in political talk, do you believe Das Kapital has caused harm?
Books are media and there are other forms of media that had direct consequences, such as “La muette de Portici”, an opera that, in some sense, started a revolution.
Media has power over people’s minds, whether we like it or not. It can do amazing things, inspire and spread knowledge or it can hurt, misinform and even, to a degree, brainwash.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@neutralgrey
Yup. What sucks is that people on the left and right use social media, the scourge that social media is, to shame and threaten people and companies doing nothing wrong or illegal into submission and in that way suppress free speech. Some topics and subjects are forbidden, to be avoided for fear of angering the social media mob. I hate that.
Also note that the Netflix employees were laid off because they went to a high up leader meeting they were not invited to, not because of their social media use. And then rehired and made Netflix cave due to, duuun duun duuu(!), the usual social media mob for having done no wrong… 😕
@neutralgrey
Nope. See reply above.
Hey, remember when I posted an entire article about how the American government violated the first Amendment by banning a laundry list of words related to Critical Race Theory and you were about as active as my dead grandpa?
Criticising someone for peddling transphobia under the guise of “humour” isn’t the same as outright censorship but I doubt you’d even stop to consider the nuance or difference.
Really, did you think you could slip up again without me knowing?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think there isn’t a person who personifies “small dick energy” more than Matt Walsh.
A professional “commentator” who mostly rants about “icky women being in his safe spaces”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide