Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Funding rockets that tend to explode, all while dead serious announcing his intent to colonize Mars using indentured servitude (aka temporary slavery) and expecting there to be a death toll.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Ah yes, space. The final frontier, and the only place where taxes can’t reach you.
No wonder why billionaires are getting such boners over getting there. That, and they already set Earth on fire so…
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
At his first rally since he incited an insurrection against his own country, Trump outright the officer who shot Ashlin Babbitt a “disgrace”.
And I’m sitting here thinking “she should have complied”.
Background Pony #EF3F
At his first rally since he incited an insurrection against his own country, Trump outright the officer who shot Ashlin Babbitt a “disgrace”.
And I’m sitting here thinking “she should have complied”.
So in going purely by your logic, here, should every notable person who has been shot dead or injured by the police over the last 5 to possibly even 10 years—regardless of their political affiliation/ideologies, AND their immutable characteristics (specifically their race and/or skin color)—have complied with the police to avoid being shot by them?
Or does that logic of “(they) should’ve complied” only apply to those on the right or the far right (or possibly even centrists), and not those on the left or the far left, as far as you’re concerned?
(Now to be honest, though, I personally hold the view/position that one should always comply with police officer’s orders, whilst at the exact same time, absolutely no cop/police officer should ever be allowed to utilize (or especially abuse) the position of institutional power that they’re in with unfettered impunity, or in any other absolutely objectively unjustifiable manner or respect (i.e. actual, indisputable violation of suspect/target/perpetrator/detainee’s civil rights, civil liberties, constitutional rights, human rights, etc.).
With that in mind, however, I seriously can’t help but wonder if you really were just being brazenly hypocritical and inconsistent in saying this about somebody (specifically politically motivated) on the right, far-right or extreme right, yet never (or rarely ever) once unironically stated that about anyone (also specifically politically motivated) on the left, far-left or extreme left in a similar situation where they were shot, yet did not comply, beforehand, either (if what I described as you possibly having done—as stated in this whole block of text here, above—was something that you actually did do, then I can safety say that my hypothetical musings have been proven right, and if not, then that’s just not the case, which is equally fine by me, as well).)
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
And you know what land vehicle that could the end all be all of traffic jams that these soy face Musk Stans and News Outlets seems to be ignoring?
It’s these.

Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Uh, I was just taking the piss out of a right wing talking point. Per usual.
“S/he should have complied” is the standard deflection point Back the Blue boys use whenever a cop murders a suspect (most of the time black) in broad daylight. As if it was their fault, and literally the only thing between them and a cop inflicting un-alive on them was a tiny bit of compliance.
Ashli Babbitt has been made a martyr with up to Trump himself sneering at the officer who shot her. So yeah I’m going to sit and flip the script on them the same as I flip the bird at them.
Latecomer

Hmm… if I sit on the border between the center-left and the far left, am I a center-far-leftist,a far-center-leftist, or a far-left-centrist?
Background Pony #EF3F
@Dustcan
Well, there’s that, yet there’s still the hypocrisy and inconsistentcy in not applying that same principle to the other side, if you were only using it for just one side, unironically.
Now, if you were being completely ironic and insincere about it, on the other hand, then that’s understandable.
Background Pony #EF3F
All of that aside, regarding Elon Musk, I can understand people resenting him for being a billionaire and not actually paying his fair share of income taxes, yet going past that into having a borderline hateboner for him (as displayed in these past couple of pages) is not only pointless, inconsequential (in and of itself) and unnecessary, but is also rather petty, considering that doing so, in itself, fails to really offer anything constructive or enlightening, regarding the legitimate problems people have with him, both insight-wise and solution-wise.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In hindsight it would’ve been better if I phrased it as ‘Whatever happened to “S/he should have complied?”’ It would’ve kept the sardonic undertone but less accusatory.
Frankly I would’ve preferred she didn’t get shot, same as I feel for most of the literally 1000 a year average fatal police shootings.
But then again, I also would’ve preferred if the Capitol wasn’t attacked by a mob of rednecks pissed off they live in a democracy. A lot of things went wrong that day.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan
As horrific as it is to say, her death saved countless lives–on both sides. Once the mob figured out the Capitol Police weren’t fucking around, they finally backed off. Would that she had survived, but “shoot to wound” is a fiction.
Background Pony #EF3F
@lonewolf
That woman and Trump running against each other again is the absolute LAST thing that we ever need to have happening, two years from now.
Fuck that bullshit to absolutle hell and back, infinity-fold, until it freezes over and completely shatters itself into a million pieces. We do NOT NEED ANOTHER FUCKING REPEAT OF THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION PROCESS, UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, WHATSOEVER.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide