Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Calbeck
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Zincy
I’ve actually been looking for it in expectation of the request; the foremost source on the matter which I’m aware of is from a Norwegian study group which arrived at its conclusions a few years ago. Norway is quite progressive on the subject, currently allowing children to determine their own gender, but I am having trouble finding ANY Norwegian studies right now - “child gender study toys norway”, for example, results in page after page of commentary videos and articles on the subject of the law itself. Next to no discussion of the academia behind it.
In contrast to that, then, I’ll cite some opposing research, and the first which comes up is - a boy and a girl being made to fill a vase with either blue or pink balls, and the boy gets more sweets as a reward. That’s, um, being cited by The Independent as a “social experiment” proving pay inequality. That said, it’s not even an academic study, but a political campaign by Norwegian trade union Finansforbundet. Mm.
Another article talks about Sweden running “gender neutral” kindergartens which “produce more successful children”. According to QZ, these tests showed that the kids from the gender-neutral school were as likely as other children to group people by gender. What differed was that these kids were “less likely” - not “unlikely” or “rarely likely” - to adopt common social norms when not encouraged to do so. This suggests that social reinforcement exists, but also that it is not the defining factor or even necessarily a driving factor. All in all, I would consider these results promising for gender neutrality in schools. The study itself is here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022096517302692
Calbeck

@Background Human
Also no insurrection. It requires a presumption of motive for which there is not even evidence in regards to those people who’ve cut plea deals - or are you seriously arguing that a person who brought firearms to DC went to the Capitol WITHOUT those firearms in order to overthrow the government?
If we were to apply your “rhetoric and actions” argument, then you would also have to agree that no one “but a dirty liar” thinks the anti-Trump/anti-police riots which resulted in numerous dead and the burning down of government buildings was not insurrection by the same token - and that in fact it didn’t even require burning down ANY buildings, but that insurrection took place as soon as the rioters clashed with police while storming barricades in efforts to get at said buildings.
Background Pony #15B5
@Calbeck
You’ve been at this for over 4 hours now, debating 4 people simultaneosly while remaining polite despite repeated attacks on your character.
You should probably take a break.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@Calbeck
No wait I got it, this is you:
Calbeck, you do know that you are the kind of individual that crooked politicians count on to vote for them and defend their actions right?
I’d use that “other term” but it might be a bit too much.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #CE21
It’s very old, but iirc it’s a parody of more serious commentary / political cartoons that mocked hippies or protestors etc. for using phones to communicate with like-minded people or driving cars to get to protest sites. ie. “How are you so silly to protest capitalism when it’s only because of pure unfettered capitalism that you have the iPhone 10 you’re using to protest?”
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Calbeck
I think even their sugerdaddy Trump realize that actually using guns would make him look bad if their raid didn’t work and told them to keep the guns in the van.
Calbeck

@Background Pony #15B5
This is actually a long-standing form of recreation for me.
I teethed on arguing against “Mayan Astronaut” conspiracy nuts back in the ’80s, went on from there to argue against “Moon Landing Deniers”, all the way through to the “9/11 Truther” movement.
They all have one thing in common: starting from a conclusion and then backfilling anything they can to support that preferred conclusion, while dismissing any source or argument to the contrary. Usually, this would devolve into one of two things: either rabid insults meant to dismiss argument out of hand, or employing the “isn’t it obvious” gambit in order to continuously hopscotch over holes in their theories.
When people build allegations on top of assertions on top of presumptions, and they top it off with “isn’t it obvious”, it’s a huge red flag. When they start calling me everything from a Jew to a Nazi to a Commie to a CIA/FBI/ATF/etc operative, it’s usually because they don’t want to debate anymore BUT still want to be seen as being in control of the conversation. Or they’ve just flipped their final cheese.
And I find that this sort of thing happens in political discussions almost as often as it happens in arguments over grainy NASA photos from the ’70s “proving” that humanity once existed on Mars.
Ne vile veritas.
Background Pony #CE21
@Meanlucario
ok, I’ve seen it posted unironically like Xtra did above and it always confuses me. It looks like an obvious strawman comic, yet people post it as if it supports their point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide