Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@CaptainXtra
Wrong. The Founding Fathers after the Revolution continued the practice of slavery and didn’t give women the right to vote. And they certainly didn’t take kindly to gays and atheists. When you really look at it the ONLY reason they split from the British Empire was so that they could avoid paying taxes and play around with their guns without the government imposing restrictions on them. As much shit as the British get - they certainly weren’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination - most people today can agree that what they did was honestly not any worse than what the US would later do and continue to do to this day.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
As Brian Tyler Cohen reports, there has been about 37 school kid fatalities in 2022 so far. So far there has been only 20 cop shooting related deaths.
It being nearly twice as dangerous to be a student than it is to be a cop has got to be the single most American piece of trivia you’ll ever know.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Dustcan
Here’s a question: Why are so many mass shootings happening at schools? Is it because the children can’t defend themselves and these shooters just want the euphoria of easily slaughtering innocent people with no resistance?
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@Wiimeiser
I’m pretty sure that a mass shooter who tries to shoot up a Police Station, an obvious Street Gang location, or Gun Enthusiast meetup won’t last more than 30 seconds.
So yeah.
Background Pony #D717
@IWTCIEM
You know how Republicans are. They start getting all antsy the moment you look at their firearms funny.
To them, restricting ease of access to firearms= violation of the second amendment, from what I can piece together. Pretty hyperbolic reaction, if you ask me.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Meanwhile
4chan did as 4chan does and started a rumour that the killer was trans; the GOP and others in the alt-right, of course, believed and parroted it, along with claiming he was an illegal immigrant (he’s not).

That is a GOP member of congress, btw
FOX NEWS, for its part, is trying to pin the blame on an elementary school not having its own armed police force and fortified fencing. I’m sure they’ll soon latch onto how he liked to play “xbox” with a friend every few months, and was a fan of ultra-violent game… “Subway Surfer”.
Tucker and his barnacle Greenwald, of course, were already bitching about the mass murder of children being “politicized” before the bodies even hit the floor. Never miss an opportunity to attack the libs!
And of course there’s the general knucle-dragging riff-raff that “meme” about these sort of things only happening in democrat-run “gun free zones”… which is hilarious to anyone that’s ever set foot in Texas, where the most lefty-liberal county has a riflerack in every pickup and handgun in every glovebox (instead of two, I guess). The solution, clearly, is to give elementary school teachers an official sidearm (firearms training highly optional, the 2nd Amendment says nothing about it!).
Background Pony #0E9C
@Ebalosus
I honestly wonder what your opinion is of him unironically stating that the US is actually worse than Nazi Germany, because my goodness, even in spite of how bad certain things may have gotten in certain ways, here, in America, that is still quite the doozy of a take, and I strongly feel like you’re better able to describe in an insightful manner as to why that may or may not be the case (depending on what your personal opinion is).
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Who? Marx? I tend to follow the mutualist’s view of his theories, in that they are broadly correct, but are lacking in the solutions department. Yes, I know mutualists weren’t ones to talk, but if all the attempted solutions so far have gone to shit (except for arguably the Soviet Union (RIP) and Yugoslavia (also RIP)), I do seriously wonder if Marxist solutions are even that.
That’s not to say they can’t work ever, because I strongly disagree with the notion that if something has never worked, then it will never work, as paradigms change due to technological progress, and what was once unthinkable can become possible.
Also, Marx was long dead when Hitler wanted to take Germany back to a past that never existed, so I’m not sure what comparison, if any, he’d make between the US and Nazi Germany.
Background Pony #0E9C
@Ebalosus
No, not Marx—I meant the user you replied to. I just honestly don’t know how to respond to this:
@IWTCIEM
This literally isn’t the first or even third time that you have said something @IWTCIEM
At this point the US has become worse than Nazi Germany. Change my mind.
I just can’t brush this aside, because this is LITERALLY what many people in the US, as in many average conservatives and hardcore conservatives, believe what liberals leftists, and especially stereotypical young far leftwingers actually believe about America. It’s like a caricature of what many on the left are mocking conservatives for believing is actually real, and I could not just move past this without genuinely going “HOL UP”.
Background Pony #0E9C
(Please ignore this part of my previous post, below; I meant to delete that from the text I was copying and pasting):
@IWTCIEM
This literally isn’t the first or even third time that you have said something
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Oh, that.
That’s completely idiotic and uninformed, given the sheer brutality of the Nazi regime (which I would be remiss to add only got into power because the social democrats threw leftists like our girl Rosa Luxemburg under the bus and sided with the Nazis, for which I will never forgive them for) to nearly anyone in their orbit that wasn’t onboard with their schtick. Remember that we’re talking about a regime that deliberately murdered between 20 and 30 million people because they thought that Jews had done them dirty during the last war, and they had to save the west from “muh Jewish Bolshevism!” America has issues to be sure, including what I’m about to talk about, but they haven’t done something that brutal. I mean, I get why Brace Belden, Adam Friedland, and Pat Condell think that Germany shouldn’t exist, and that Israel should occupy half of Germany instead of dispossessing the Palestinians of their homes.
I’d also be remiss to add that the reason we have such a massive neonazi problem these days is because America and Britain forgave like 90% of all the Nazis with shit like Operation Gladio and the myth of the clean Wehrmacht. Instead of doing away with nazi menace forever, they only punished the “really bad nazis*” and either read the rest the riot act, or gave them jobs in the struggle against the greatest country on earth. IIRC my French marxist friends said that the same thing happened in France with the Vichy collaborators, and I know a lot of older Dutch expats here in New Zealand that left the Netherlands because of how forgiving the post-war Dutch government was towards Nazi collaborators in the occupation establishment.
It’s why I’m not surprised in the slightest that the west is quite happy to arm and train neonazis in Ukraine, and is why I tend to question their sincerity when it comes to dealing with neonazis given Gladio, the Spider Network. The neonazi problem we have today isn’t because of 4chan, Kiwifarms, or Tucker Carlson, it’s because our forefathers let the supermajority of them off the hook because they were afraid “muh communists!”
*excl. rocket and nuclear scientists, and people with experience developing bioweaponry
Background Pony #1D40
  1. Because terrorists’ goal is terror/infamy. Attacks on children are more terrifying/infamous.
  2. They want media attention because it greatly helps them achieve the above. Attacks on children get more media attention.
  3. School shootings are a cultural meme, so we see more of them. If arson or running people over with a vehicle were more widespread memes, we’d see more of them. (Meme in the original sense, not the funny image sense.)
  4. Schools are easy targets, known as “soft targets”. This is also why church, mall or club shootings are a thing. Basically a lot of defenseless people in one place, easy entry and not a lot of armed resistance such as guards.
One study of the deadliest 31 mass shootings since 1966 found that 87% of mass shooters expressed an explicit or circumstantial desire for fame and attention. Another study found that many mass shooters used previous mass shooters as inspiration, role models and idols, fueled by reporting on their backgrounds.

A review of mass-shooting coverage by the media also revealed disproportionate attention paid to the shooter — 16 times more images of shooters are published than are those of their victims — according to a recent study. - https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-11/mass-shooters-seek-notoriety-in-media
Findings indicate that the mass killers received approximately $75 million in media coverage value, and that for extended periods following their attacks they received more coverage than professional athletes and only slightly less than television and film stars. In addition, during their attack months, some mass killers received more highly valued coverage than some of the most famous American celebrities, including Kim Kardashian, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, and Jennifer Aniston. Finally, most mass killers received more coverage from newspapers and broadcast/cable news than the public interest they generated through online searches and Twitter seems to warrant. Unfortunately, this media attention constitutes free advertising for mass killers that may increase the likelihood of copycats. - https://doi.org/10.1080/19392397.2017.1422984
Researchers at Arizona State University analyzed news reports of gun-related incidents from 1997 to 2013. They hypothesized that the rampages did not occur randomly over time but instead were clustered in patterns. The investigators applied a mathematical model and found that shootings that resulted in at least four deaths launched a period of contagion, marked by a heightened likelihood of more bloodshed, lasting an average of 13 days. Roughly 20 to 30 percent of all such violence took place in these windows. - https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/mass-shootings-are-contagious/
If the mass media and social media enthusiasts make a pact to no longer share, reproduce, or re-tweet the names, faces, detailed histories, or long-winded statements of killers, we could see a dramatic reduction in mass shootings in the span of one to two years. Even conservatively, if the calculations of contagion modelers are correct, we should see at least a one third reduction in shootings if the contagion is removed. Given the profile of mass shooters, we believe levels of mass murder could return to a pre-1970s rate, where it becomes a truly aberrant event that although not eradicated, is no longer a common option that goes through the mind of every bullied, depressed, isolated, somewhat narcissistic man. - https://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2016/08/media-contagion
Even the lists of mass shootings look like video game scoreboards:
medium medium
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
It brings to mind something me and work colleagues were discussing years ago with regards to crime reporting and senses of safety: if you didn’t hear about crime, would you feel safer? We concurred that yes, if you weren’t aware of the crimes going on around you, you would feel much safer. The obvious retort to the implications of that are “well if you don’t hear about the crimes, then how can you make them less likely to be committed?” and “doesn’t the public have the right to know how safe or dangerous their society is? This isn’t China!”
My answer is that it’s not the reporting of the crimes that’s the problem per se, but how it’s reported. If it’s sensationalised like mass shootings are, then of course people are going to feel fearful, no matter how much you don’t mention the shooter’s name. Instead, the solution should be to only report crimes for which the perpetrator has been tried and prosecuted, since it means that the public is informed of the level of criminality within society, juries can be less biased than usual, and it means that people get an accurate feel for how safe their societies actually are, instead of what they perceive them to be. I mean, there’s lots of the usual blue-collar criminality in China, but hardly anyone there feels threatened by crime, so they must be doing something right.
And yes, I’m aware social media throws a spanner in the works, but it’s more of me applying a more holistic approach to the problem of social contagions/copycat events/public fearfulness/etc instead of indulging in libshit hypocrisy where you can talk about the egregious tragedy until the cows come home as long as you don’t say “Brenton Tarrant” or “Peyton Gendron” or “Salvador Ramos” (I think?).
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Seiken
Ah, jumping in to defend the honour of 4chan. The screenshots are of the affected woman trying to defend herself. Conveniently 4chan doesn’t have its own archive and I’m not going to delve through hundreds of shitposts celebrating child murder just for your satisfaction.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@The Smiling Pony
I am not even on 4chan, besides reading a couple message on an odd linked thread once every couple months. What i am doing is questioning a claim that had no source and from the looks of it seems baseless if you can’t even provide any evidence.
Besides your quantifying 4chan as one entity. Its like me saying, because of your baseless claim being like “Derpibooru did as Derpibooru does accusing 4chan of something they have no evidence of”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide