Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
It’s completely different, I don’t even know why you’re still trying to make this comparison,
And the video game industry is a great example of how fucked a free market for anything would be, including guns.
You’re just making yourself look worse here. Firearm sales are a highly regulated environment.
  1. You’ll need to make sure you’re an expert on your local laws on just what you can have their, otherwise your business is gone and you go to jail.
  2. You need to get your FFL
  3. You need to know who you can sell to and what you can sell them (19 year old wants to buy a gun, you better know your laws)
    4.You need to constantly be keeping accurate and detailed records of your sales
  4. You need to be constantly attentive for background checks on any purchases
Their is a lot to know and a lot of risk involved. If you just want to make some money as a salesman then go sell cars.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Human
I forgot about them, thanks.
@Background Pony #6B50
Hey, you are the one saying to sell guns to almost everyone. I’m just pointing out how that type of thing has fuck people over before. And guns are much more dangerous than a video game (violence-wise at least), so it would be even worst if you enforce your “you can’t trust anyone” mentality.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
The “good guy with a gun” solution is naïve. Out of 316 mass attacks in the US since 2000, all of 50 times was the bad guy with a gun stopped by good guy citizens, and only 10 times with a gun.
We can’t forget that we have statistics that says otherwise on the “the good guys with guns will save the day” mentality. Now that I think about it, it heavily crashes with the “you can’t trust anyone” mentality. I’m starting to think you guys are just saying shit to justify giving everyone guns for no good reason. At least heavy limits also applies to those who would want to use them for harm, making shooting much harder.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@angryprogrockbrony
And what’s stopping republicans from categorizing liberals as “mentally unstable” to deny them guns?
Nothing. They could do that but they chose not to.
And if that was the case, humanity would have died off a very long time ago.
You don’t know that, and even if humanity would have died hundreds of years ago, I’d be better off since I would have never been born.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
No, I’m saying it’s fine to sell guns to people who want to buy guns and can do so. If you walk into a gun store with a clean background check and tell them you’re looking to go murder someone they will tell you to get the fuck out. I’m not sure what you’re saying because it doesn’t seem to make sense.
Background Pony #6B50
And just to be clear, you’re the one who said
Never rely on people doing the right thing. History has shown that people are most interested in self-preservation than doing what’s right.
In other words, “you can’t trust anyone”.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@angryprogrockbrony
Not yet, and they have shown they are crazy enough to try.
You moping here wanting to hand everyone guns say otherwise. And just because you are giving up on humanity doesn’t mean humanity has given up on itself. Pessimism dies when humanity lives on.
@Background Pony #6B50
That’s already the case here in the USA. Why do you think shootings are to frequent.
I was being realistic about what would happen. I wasn’t not saying “you can’t trust anyone,” but that you shouldn’t be selling murder weapons like burgers. And by that logic, only you should have a gun since you only trust yourself with a gun.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
That’s not the case in the US though. These types of shooting are not common, and the person who gets the gun is not going into the gun store asking for the best gun to shoot children with.
As far as not trusting people. 99.999% of people are fine people, and their are tons of stories of strangers helping each other, but at the end of the day your safety is your own responsibility. Cops are not always close by, and even if they are their is no guarantee that they will protect you.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
The more I hear about the useless cops present at that school shooting, the more I grow to dislike police as a reliable defense force.
Latecomer

@angryprogrockbrony
People who are unwillingly forced to use guns are unlikely to be very good with them. It’s more likely they’ll be stolen and used against them. Certainly it increases the risks to their life, both homicide and especially suicide.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Gomez said that she was only one of several parents at the school demanding that officers stop waiting around and go into the school. It was then that “federal marshals approached her and put her in handcuffs,” the Journal reports.
The marshals told her she was being arrested for “intervening in an active investigation.” Gomez was able to convince local law enforcement to free her, but said she also saw a father pepper-sprayed, and another tackled and thrown to the ground by law enforcement as he tried to go to the school. His 10-year-old daughter was massacred in the slaughter.
Once freed, Gomez moved away from the crowd, broke into a run, jumped a fence, and ran inside to rescue her children. “She sprinted out of the school with them,” the Journal reports.
She lived by the way.
We pay these people with our tax dollars, and all they do with it is cosplay as Master Chief, merc every black they see on sight, and then handcuff and/or pepper spray and/or tackle anyone who dares to tell them to do their job.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Basically this:
A personal story:
My father was once assaulted by an officer on a power trip during his young adult/late teen years.
Fucking Pig with a badge whacked his baton against his chest several times for no damn reason.
#FuckThePolice
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I mean like, fine. The guy was an active shooter. I’m not telling them to go run at him and get shot themselves.
But Jesus Christ, they let him have full reign over 40 minutes to a full hour. They brutalized any parent that dared to tell them to do their job.
We’ve seen time and again (and several more after that) of cops having less than 0 problems shooting first and asking questions never, but suddenly they showed some unprecedented level of restraint and hesitation the moment it was time to prove why we pay them our tax dollars.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
Here’s the problem with trying to confiscate guns in the US. It’s a huge country on top of the amount of guns owned.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
IIRC there’s about 400mil guns in the country.
There’s more guns than people.
And that’s before you get to the part where the guns are making there be fewer people.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey
Again, doing what’s right and necessary isn’t fast and easy. Though decreasing the military budget by 5% for a year should be enough money to get the job done.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Being a big country seems always to be a lame excuse to not do something… if only there was a kind of system in place where orders from above are passed down to smaller and smaller governing bodies to the actual endpoint where such an order is executed in an area that is small enough to be manageable/oversee-able.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide