Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

Also I feel like I should say there are Hispanics out there who are socially conservative and would be a prime audience for Republicans if most Republicans weren’t…ya know. Racist.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Latecomer
The last sentence, yeah, definitely panic-escalating like I do sometimes. The rest, not so much.
It wouldn’t be so bad if it was a new hospital, but changing the name of the only hospital in the state with an Aboriginal name and not moving Australia Day like someone brought up just reeks of colonialism. Dan really is learning from China in some subtle ways…
As for a new hospital, I propose one at Chartwell, an unincorporated community roughly halfway between Werribee and Melton. Yeah, there’s nothing there now, but that area is starting to grow fast, and we can’t keep using the same hospital locations forever. A new one is sorely needed for the west, at least in the longer term.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Wiimeiser
Thing about center-left parties in the Anglosphere is that they always look at the aftermath of the English Civil War and think republics are bad or too risky. Never mind that France seems to be doing just fine as a republic despite having gone through five of them.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Apparently Trump’s special master is asking for proof he declassified the stolen documents.
Trump’s plan for a special master to stall the investigation might fail because he picked someone too good at their job.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In even more “Shooting themselves in the foot” news, turns out DeSantis’ master plan was already done 60 years ago.
The “Reverse Freedom Rides” was done by pro-segregationists who tricked people of color - and sometimes with money - into being shipped up north to wealthy or well-to-do “liberal” communities, including residences of the President, in an effort to “expose the hypocrisy” of liberals.
It backfired. Northerners treated the bussed-in blacks with respect and decency, helping them find residence and jobs. Southern rednecks were angry at the open racism (open racism is so uncouth and a bad image. Subtle racism is what is poggers) and the fact that the blacks were getting paid to participate in the stunt.
White Supremacists tried this stunt 60 years ago. Fast forward to today, and White Supremacists are repeating what their Klansmen grandad did, right down to the letter and with the same results from last time.
That’s gotta be modern day Capital C Conservative explained in a nutshell. Taking inspiration from racist southerners, repeat their actions, all through a motivation of “If you don’t succeed, fail fail again!”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Louisiana state rep Rep. Danny McCormick pushed a bill through committee that would punish women with imprisonment or even death if they get an abortion, even if it is needed to save their lives.
And it passed the committee, with only the 2 dems and 1 independent dissenting. All the Republicans voted in favor.
“Stuff like this will never happen” said many people in favor of Roe falling. And here it comes, if the pregnancy doesn’t kill you the state will. Republican led death panels murdering women to save a clump of cells.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Former VP Mike Pence recently gave a speech at Utah Valley University (essentially the more secular version of BYU, and not too far away, too.)
He called for tougher and more stringent laws on abortion and strengthening the military, both of which have nothing to do with “restoring American freedom.”
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Goku Black
And yet boomer and gen x’er Dems keep voting to increase the defense budget anyway because being skeptical’s of America’s global role makes you a Chinese or Russian plant (never mind that China’s living standards are surpassing the US as we speak, while Russia just an nWo Hollywood Hulk Hogan, a prima donna also-ran desperately grasping for relevance in 1999-2000).
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Read this take on Twitter and….it’s something:
i appreciate the Ukrainians tuff position now, but i dunno how in 10 years theyre gonna see NATO as anything besides the supposed “international peace-keeping force” who stood by and let Ukraine be invaded and divided. NATO picked the international order over Ukrainian lives
ukraine loses everything, russia loses, but NATO keeps its international order beneficial to itself. how is this something to gloat over?
Should also add that any postwar plan from the West on Ukraine is unlikely not going to involve billionaires and oligarchs stripping the welfare state and public utilities down for parts. Zelensky’s kinda already doing that by making strikes illegal and stripping worker protections away (no idea if they’ll come back after the war; I personally doubt it).
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Speaking of Ukraine, reports now indicate Russia has given up trying to annex the entire nation. Supposedly they’re ready to cut their losses and are now just fighting over how much of Ukraine they can annex.
As is the case anytime the GQP does something, the more you learn about it the worse it gets.
An article that spells out the complicity of the American media in the radicalization of MAGA. They were fast to jump on Biden for his “semi-fascist” statement, yet jump through all the hoops to find any middle ground when, say, a Trump rally plays the Q theme song while the entire crowd Nazi salutes.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@igotnopicks
Which is besides the point? Even in WWII the UK, despite being bombed by Nazis, still had labour strikes.

@Dustcan
They’re setting up bullshit referendums in the occupied regions to get an excuse to have those regions “recognized” as part of Russia. Since Ukraine is currently fighting in those regions they’ll consider that as a pretext to upgrade from “special military operation” to outright war, meaning general mobilization and martial law in Russia as well.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Considering all the other relief funds we’ve given them I think they’re up to around $1 trillion US dollars now.
Sure they’re still spending it all on the war but they are definitely not without American assistance so far.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@SleepySteve
Mobilization won’t help. Muscovy can barely keep their current troops supplied. Sending more schmucks to the front line without bullets, training, or food will only make their post-war hangover that much worse. Ukrainians don’t have a preset kill limit.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Background Human
Plus I imagine there’ll be tons of draft dodgers among the rabidly pro-war camp (ironically), not too dissimilar from Vietnam War supporters. In fact four of the last five presidents (Biden included) we’ve had dodged the draft (I also include Bush Jr. because his “service” remains sketchy).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide