Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
A judge in New York City has ruled that couples in a Polygamous relationship (a relationship involving more then one person, with all parties consenting to it) are to be given the same unions, benefits and protections as those in a 2-person relationship.
Naturally conservatives are upset about this, whining about how this is the “Slippery Slope (tm)” and how it’s against “MUH TRADITONAL VALUES!!!1”
Posted Report
Background Pony #92B5
Does anyone think we need a separate thread relating to what’s going on in Ukraine?
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
TBH without posts about the war in Ukraine, this thread is going to be solely about US politics. So I’m not sure if it’s a good idea.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
this thread is going to be solely about US politics
This is not an American site. The only reason there’s so much US politics here is that most of the people from outside the US on this site spend all their time being happy looking at the ponies or participating in the joy of MLP.
Plus, the US’s main export is INEFFECTUAL ANGER ABOUT POLITICS.
Very simple, the beginning of the invasion.
wot
Seems like people talked about the beginning of the invasion here in this thread a lot.
Well, maybe make one for international/foreign politics.
No. This is that thread.
Anyone talking about US politics in this thread IS talking about ‘foreign politics’.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Elections in Malaysia are coming up. Already people think the opposition is a puppet of the gov, while PAS (ultraconservative Muslim theocracy) shills are out from the woodwork.
And again, I will never trust anyone who brings up Donbass or US war crimes as their answer ever again since the bombing of Kyiv. I see it as nothing but Sudetenland, an excuse for war.
Posted Report
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
I suspect that everyone who did it wants to turn people away from their crimes, either to make people focus on them or support them.
I see that behaviour a lot among so-called “anti-imperialists”, usually Russians, Arabs, South Asians, Africans, and Latin Americans, usually opponents of the West. Even in the West there are White nationalists, far-lefts, and Trumpists who do the same.
I consider all whataboutists as war criminals.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
On twitter the popular whataboutism in response to recent missile attacks by Putler drones now is the US bombing Iraq in 2003.
This sums them up nicely:
Another thing that’s funny is I’ve seen some Putler supporters referring to the US leaving Afghanistan as a loss for the US.
Like how the same thing happened to Russia in 1989?
Posted Report
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A NYT reporter in Russia interviewed some citizens about their opinion on Russia’s bombarding Ukraine over the explosion on the Crimea bridge. Most responded that they didn’t even know such a thing happened or that they were just “warning shots”.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
Speaking of the bridge. I just found this.
It shows what appears to be a barge sailing under the bridge right where the explosion was. Which again shows a complete failure of Russia’s security on the bridge. You could pack way more explosives on a barge than in a truck.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In the latest “Republicans literally are real life examples of the Evil Cannot Comprehend Good trope” news, Fox News decided to air a message of Joe Biden trying to help his troubled son Hunter a few years back after Hunter lied to buy a gun.
Sean Hannity on Monday aired the 2018 voicemail, obtained by the Daily Mail, in which Joe Biden says to his son: “It’s Dad. I called to tell you I love you. I love you more than the whole world, pal. You gotta get some help. I know you don’t know what to do. I don’t either.”
Of course broadcasting the Biden’s family issues on live television wasn’t enough, Hannity then had to make it about conservatives’ victimhood fetish.
“It’s actually sad,” Hannity said of the message. “Now that voicemail reportedly came at the exact same time Hunter lied on a gun application to buy a handgun.”
“By the way, replace the name Biden with Trump and imagine how the mob and the media would be covering all of this,” Hannity added. “Instead, they’d rather perpetuate one hoax after another, just like they did with the dirty Steele dossier.”
This is sickness coming from a very sick man.
Oh and because Reich-wingers today are an incestuous orgy of a hive mind, expect every Reich-winger talking head to follow Hannity’s lead on this narrative.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide