Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Finland is now offering to train Ukrainian soldiers in how to fight during the winter.
Russia (and by extension Ukraine) is infamous for winning wars in winter by running away. Finland is famous for winning wars in winter by fighting.
So yeah the next few months are going to be extra bad for Russia.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A cop in Indiana opened fire on a car that he claimed “nearly hit him”. Prepare for a comedy of errors.
The car in question was being driven by an off-duty cop who was driving to his personal residence. The police officer who did the shooting was walking the opposite way to investigate an abandoned vehicle. The driver moved over into the opposite lane briefly to give room for a traffic stop that was going on at the time (it was 2:30AM and the roads were fairly empty).
So, a cop, shot at an off duty cop, who themselves were trying to ensure the safety of another cop by not driving too close to them.
And if your first response to that situation is to shoot the car, you’re a fucking lunatic with zero situational awareness.
Imagin if this situation had been a driver in medical distress, or just a distracted teen who drifted across the center line. This retard could have popped someone’s granny in the head because he was “scared”.
If you frighten easily, mayhap being a cop is not the best career move.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Dustcan
“by running away” is bit of a offensive term; when your enemy walks into a pool of quicksand, the smart play is to just move back and see them chase you further in and fall in deeper.
I mean, props to the Finns regardless, it’s not like they had anywhere less freezing to fall back to back in the day.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Eh, fair.
The protections are pretty weaksauce but still important. The Reps who are currently in support are:
Susan Collins of Maine
Rob Portman of Ohio
Thom Tillis of North Carolina
Mitt Romney of Utah
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Roy Blunt of Missouri
Richard Burr of North Carolina
Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming
Dan Sullivan of Alaska
Todd Young of Indiana
Joni Ernst of Iowa
Romney is kinda surprising. He’s probably the least crazy GOP senator, but he is a pretty big religious man. So hey, good on him.
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Comparisons to the PATCO strike (which marked the beginning of the long-term decline in union labor) are a bit incomplete, since the rail unions are not (to my knowledge) representing public sector employees. The railroads in question are all publicly traded corporations, not necessarily the federal government.
Unless I’m misunderstanding and the federal government does own shares in the rail carriers? Amtrak I could see, but what about BNSF?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Stewart Rhodes, one of the leaders of the Oath Keepers, was just convicted for seditious conspiracy for his involvement with Jan 6.
Which is not only good in that a traitor is facing conviction, but also that we finally have a legal precedence recognizing that what happened on Jan 6 was indeed sedition.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@BlitztheDragon
The situations are different. The Taft-Hartley Act, which let Reagan declare the strike a national emergency, applies to private sector unions as well, but it specifically exempts railways and airlines, which are governed by the Railway Labor Act.
That said, the most recent rail strike, in 1992, was ended by Congress making it illegal (Pub. Law 102-306). If Congress takes similar action this time and the unions don’t back down, things could get reeeally ugly.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The Respect for Marriage act, the bill that offers weak yet important protections for gay or interracial marriages, has passed.
Only 13 Rep senators voted for it.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
So, how much tension has Trump pulled within the Right Wing as of now?
Like enough to where he could split off to his own party with enough loyalists?
Posted Report
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
IIRC the police in Malaysia (where I live) were notorious for pulling people over to steal money from them.
Being from Malaysia, I was expecting that the conservative madmen in my country will start howling in rage. Clerics and other preachers over there kept blaming gays for disasters, like COVID, earthquakes, and floods, so I was waiting for them to show up in the news.
Unless they would risk going to jail and sparking a riot of devotees, I don’t think these “lebais” (a mocking name for “know it alls” or Muslim clerics who live as hypocrites) would call for attacks on Singapore over legalising gay romance.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
That is exactly what Malaysian gays were joking about! They would be happy to resolve some drought or weather disasters as superheroes.
You can ask Pang Khee Teik, one of those who made the joke. He’s also a notable Malaysian activist who is also gay.
I like to read his articles because they provide an interesting observation about what problems my country needs to overcome, and daily life as a gay man in Malaysia.
Typically, he might risk arrest for who he loves due to the conservative laws of the country, so that’s why he had to be online.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Gay Sex was de facto decriminalized beforehand, this changes nothing as far as I’m concerned
Any practical progress for LGBT rights in the Lion City is still years, if not decades away from happening
@Ciaran
You talking about SG or Malaysia here? Would surprise me more if it was SG but still
Posted Report
Background Pony #BC10
A Democrat CAN win in Texas. All they need to do is ignore the rural areas, which are never going to vote for them anyway, and focus on the cities, where people actually live.
If Democrats can get Harris County, Bexar County, and Dallas County to go 70%-30% Democrat, instead of 55%-45% for Harris County, and 60%-40% for Bexar County and Dallas County, they can win.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide