Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #B9BA
@byte[]

The first one is not particulary too concerning. Buying things happen all the time. But someone must instead opt to try to still competing. So then again, why isn’t there more business? What stops the one that want to keep the competency?

And then the second answers indicate that the state intervention is the problem then, who decide to support other companies instead of promoting competency. That’s what I call an unfair referee.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #D4DE  
State intervention isn’t the issue when it comes to things like agrabusiness, pharamceutical, or oil companies, you literally just don’t seem to understand how capital works.

Competition doesn’t form because competing in these arenas involves an investment of LITERALLY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Virtually no investor ever wants to do that because competition dilutes the marketplace and drives down profit margins, which hurts dividends.
Background Pony #B9BA
@byte[]

People will always buy something if they see potential or they find it solves their problems. There’s lots of way to make a business and there’s no need to be squashed by the big ones. Af it that happens, no sane person would allow it. Blizzard had to laid off the law after what happened with the player who screamed free hong kong; cue the backlash that affected their income, they were force to take back most of it.

People are not dumb, they can recognize when a business is not being honest.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #D4DE  
Maybe you should go reread my post again and then explain to me why choosing not to patronize a business is not generally an option. More businesses are monopolies than you think, and the ones that aren’t are all doing the same thing. It is an illusion of choice.
Background Pony #B9BA
@byte[]

People can choose wherever they want to work on something, or make their own business. Besides, if there’s an agreement, then it was done by free will. They don’t need a single way to do things, business can be done in many manners. Just because you make a deal with someone bigger than you doesn’t mean it was by force, it was by convenience.
Background Pony #B9BA
@byte[]

You don’t need millions to make an inversion. Lots of those companies started from garages and little spaces. They just solve necesesities, nothing more, and nothing less. If someone cares about solving a necessity, then they’ll just do it and make earnings. Is just human nature.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #D4DE  
I feel I have an understanding of your claims:  
  • Businesses by default exist in conditions of perfect competition.  
  • Consumer choice drives the existence of business and the choices those businesses make in turn.  
  • If a business does not appear to care about consumer choice, there must be a disruptor. Frequently this is the state.

I already provided counterclaims to all of these. You haven’t addressed any of them.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Capitalism requires a state, because without one, who will violently defend billionaires when the people in the ‘richest’ nations are fed up with poverty while being constantly condescendingly told by billionaires and their temporarily embarrassed fans that it’s their fault, that they can just lift themselves up by their bootstraps, that if they didn’t occasionally buy a coffee or takeaway and had a miserable lifestyle eventually they might afford a pitifully small apartment to die in after working their health away for most of their waking hours and having no energy for the rest?

Not to mention the billionaires in ‘poor’ nations whom are only ‘poor’ due to exploitation caused by capitalism.

There is no ‘poor’ countries, if your nation has valuable resources and it’s poor, resources including a pool of labour, it’s probably just over-exploited by capitalists, not ‘underdeveloped’ or filled with ‘lazy’ people.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Background Pony #D4DE  
Survivorship bias 101  
You look at all the successful companies that started from a garage  
What about the ones that didn’t

It’s like looking at one decently preserved Roman monument in Greece or something and saying “wow, the romans must be better than us at building stuff” while ignoring the vast majority of monuments that have been destroyed over time  
Even if this is true, so what?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide