Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
He also admits that the Republicans only care about deficits when Dems are in office.
That’s your party, conservatives, they want more immigrants and a higher deficit.

So they’ll raise wages to compensate for rising demand now and low supply. Right? R i g h t?

Is this not the law of capitalism or have we not been cheated!?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Chuck Todd: Should the candidate who gets a plurality of delegates but not the majority end up the nominee?

Everyone but the guy in the lead: NO!

Bernie Sanders: A system where the voter’s word is overruled, especially in a second round that allows superdelegates to have more power than normal delegates, is not a fair system to the voters!

Chuck Todd: …4 noes and 1 yes.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

It may not matter, in the end. Because if Sanders manages to win in SC, then I believe he’ll hit a majority. Because a few polls that just came out over the last few days show Sanders winning in places like Virginia too. If he can sway black voters and independents in SC, then there is literally no place he cannot win or place second.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

That, and it’s also amusing taking in everyone’s responses. Everyone who’s not in first place ATM jumped at the chance to say they should totally get a second chance on a technicality, some more weaselly than other (“Let the process play out”).

Sanders was just one mention of the fossil fuel industry or the healthcare system away from going Full Bernie in his response.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

I feel like a few of them would defer. Biden, Bloomberg, and Pete would not.

@Vivace

Sanders is slowly proving his detractors wrong.

“Sanders will never win the black vote!” - Sanders proceeds to reach a clear second with black voters behind Biden, and a clear first for younger black voters.

“Sanders will never capture independents!” - Sanders proceeds to score higher than any dem and Trump in most polls of independent and moderate voters.

“Sanders will never win reluctant Trump voters!”- After NH, many Yang supporters were polled and revealed to be former Trump voters, with a large number of them now saying they will support Sanders.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan  
Eh, it’s more than just a technicality. If Sanders comes to the Convention with only 30% of the the total delegates, he hasn’t actually won. 70% preferred someone else after all. First past the post rules are pretty terrible for voters.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Natry

I forget who but I loved this one guy’s response to that scenario.

‘Well then I guess if Warren, Biden, Bloomberg and Buttigieg all sat on each other shoulders and wore a really tall trenchcoat then yeah Bernie would probably not get any more percentage of the votes.’
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan  
In 2010, a Republican won the governor’s race in Maine with only 37% of the vote in a four perdon race. In 2000 Bush and Gore each had less than 50% of vote with Nader taking 1.6%. I think it’s fair to say Green Party members would have preferred Gore. We should be electing a candidate that is preferred by most voters, rather than the one who benefits the most from a vote split.
Background Pony #3083
@Natry  
Considering the point of this is just to nominate a candidate to run for the general election this is important. If the candidate is going to run for president they should have the support of the majority of the party.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Background Pony #A63C  
this is why i think it’s plain stupid.  
instead of letting the people choose, there must be a tournament where every side must destroy eachother in a pathetic public show to dominate the ideology of their own side, to then fight the other side.

you think this is a fucking game? Get every candidate to be independent and assume their ideas. far left, far right, conservative, libertarian, statist, fascist, ecologist, centrist, liberal, communist, or anarcho-royalist why not, then let the people make a choice, or create alliances. the competition is made by ideas.

then you wonder nothing is changing and no one wants to vote anymore, it’s because in democracy that people are playing with, not the fucking Star Academy or whatever reality show.
Background Pony #3083
@Patachu  
Yeah but this is party level, they are picking who represents the democrats.

@Vivace  
The idea is someone might have a plurality, but if nobody has the majority at the convention they need to pick a candidate the majority is atleast content with.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
I’d just want ranked choice voting to make third parties more viable.

And to witness how “enlightened” some people are when they place Democrat as first and Republican as second then Green then etc…
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Zintenka  
None of the Founding Fathers supported slavery. They just didn’t abolish it because they knew how important it was to the southern economies and how it’s pretty much political suicide to do so.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Constant Lurker
@Scrabbleman  
To add to that, before the cotton gin was invented slavery was in decline because harvesting cotton was too inefficient by hand. I’m sure some of founders thought the slavery problem would solve itself without their help.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Nevada does their voting tomorrow. Assuming no shenanigans then we’ll know the results by Sunday, which will mean 3% of the national voting will have been done.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide