Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
IDK if this is political enough to post here, but I don’t want to get in trouble, so:
I just read a strange review of the Sonic movie that claims that Donald Trump is going to get reelected and it will somehow be Sonic fans’ fault.
Journalists… really don’t have to read what they write before they publish it, do they?

Half the time, “journalists” just vomit out whatever will let them meet their deadlines on time. Who cares what the article actually says, they have a narrative they need to push, push, push!
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@TheHappySpaceman  
Probably in refusing to vote for a Dem candidate who doesn’t promise M4A, even if that candidate gets nomina— Oh, I read that portion of the article with broader context. Yeah, what I was about to say was bullshit.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@TheHappySpaceman

It’s basically the same as people who blame GamerGate for Trump’s election. It’s laughably absurd, because if you know the history of GamerGate, then the blame for Trump’s victory could be laid at the feet of Bioware for not giving in to RetakeMassEffect.

The truth of the matter is that Trump won because Hillary sucked, the media sucks, and Hillary lost traditional democrat strongholds to Trump; much like how Labour in the UK lost their traditional strongholds in the Northwest to the Tories and Boris Johnson.

As Jonathan Pie aptly put on the day after Trump’s victory: “you can’t belittle people into voting for you or your side.” It’s why Sanders and to a lesser extent Warren have the best chances of beating Trump.
Background Pony #1A9D
I just read a strange review of the Sonic movie that claims that Donald Trump is going to get reelected and it will somehow be Sonic fans’ fault.
Journalists… really don’t have to read what they write before they publish it, do they?
@Vivace
Oh, trust me, I wish I were making this up.
The protesters who rallied for the changes in Sonic’s design by treating it as a line-in-the-sand issue, thereby demonstrating at least one reason why Donald Trump will probably be re-elected
I… seriously fail to see the correlation.

I suspect you are misinterpreting his intention. His statement is not really saying Sonic fans will somehow be to blame for a Donald Trump reelection. He’s making a snide commentary on the fact that something so entirely trivial, like the design of a popular video game character in a movie intended for small children, was such a huge “cannot be tolerated” issue for adults when there are (obviously) far more important issues they could (and should) be voicing the same amount of concern over and pressuring those in charge to change.

And bear in mind, this is a review you are talking about. It is one person’s voice, offering an opinion on what he personally thought about something other people are interested in. Some of it will be objective, some will be influenced by his background and feelings and beliefs and political leanings and probably many other aspects of his personality as well. That’s just the way these things work.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s basically the same as people who blame GamerGate for Trump’s election. It’s laughably absurd, because if you know the history of GamerGate, then the blame for Trump’s victory could be laid at the feet of Bioware for not giving in to RetakeMassEffect.

Gamergate is an alt-right gateway point that helped radicalize impressionable and the lesser informed into the thinking that gets people to support Trump.

I would know, it’s what helped push me to Trump in the first place.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

Correlation does not imply causation bro. GamerGate brought people together from across the political spectrum, and the ones who went on to become Trump supporters/alt-right, were going to head that way to begin with. Just to use two examples, Adam Baldwin and Mike Cernovich, they were already right-wingers to begin with, thus weren’t “flipped” by GG. All GG was bring the right-wingers out into the open to argue their opinions, and even then it was only online, because I’m pretty sure if you asked some middle-America person who voted for Obama last time and is voting for Trump this time if their switch was brought about by GG, they would wonder WTF you were talking about.
Background Pony #6816
@Background Pony #BA05  
just more people plugging politics into everything because their hatred of Trump has made them go insane. Also I preferred the first Sonic design, it was entertaining in a nightmarish way.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
Malaysian palace officers buy journalists waiting outside some KFC

For context: A bunch of stuff is happening in Malaysia that even I’m not sure what’s going on. Basically, the current PM resigned and now no one is there to fill his post, a bunch of MPs left the government, a few high-status politicians met the King for a meeting, the economy is breaking down so everything is chaos. This btw all happened within the span of a weekend.

These journalists had been waiting outside of the royal palace for hours, looking for any intel/scoop so the people working inside bought them all KFC.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Nevada has reported in 96% now.

Bernie’s still sitting comfortable at 1st with 47% and taking 14 delegates. Biden got a respectable 20% for 2nd and is taking 4 delegates. Warren is suffering at 4th with 10% and taking 0 delegates.

The next state is South Carolina this Saturday, then the following Tuesday will be Super Tuesday where 14 states hold their primaries.

Also, the Overton Window in a nutshell.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Ebalosus  
No, Gamergate definitely helped turn a lot of people involved with gamer culture into advocates of right wing politics. Especially after people like Milo Yiannopoulos got involved with the movement. The fact that some people still claim that Gamergate was apolitical to this day is pretty baffling. Thankfully the “anti-SJW” ideology that it generated for a few years is dying off anyway.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Lord Hypno  
The consequence of Gamergate was the divide between gamers and the heavy-handed insertion and/or alteration of current-day politics. Video game politics was supposed to be subtle and help players immerse themselves in the game, not constantly nag about real-life stuff. It was supposed to be something positive about the game and allow developers to explore new and interesting ideas, ideas that would’ve been illegal, immoral or insensitive.

Gamergate is the equivalent of giving a child their first try on hard drugs. What used to be something to be cheered for was then ruined because of selfish reasons.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Lord Hypno
The consequence of Gamergate was the divide between gamers and the heavy-handed insertion and/or alteration of current-day politics. Video game politics was supposed to be subtle and help players immerse themselves in the game, not constantly nag about real-life stuff. It was supposed to be something positive about the game and allow developers to explore new and interesting ideas, ideas that would’ve been illegal, immoral or insensitive.
Gamergate is the equivalent of giving a child their first try on hard drugs. What used to be something to be cheered for was then ruined because of selfish reasons.

This. This is exactly on the mark.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Scrabbleman

That’s what goobergators would have you believe, but no. It was always, always about hating women.

It almost became about the “Ethics in Journalism” for real, after many of the game community at large started to catch on to the movement and, much like MLP’s “Love and Tolerate”, almost turned it into a valid belief by simple virtue of the good faith members far outnumbering the degeneratesand taking the dog whistle slogan at face value.

And then the fad died. Gamers moved on, leaving only the original misogynist incels to once again hide behind ‘Ebfics in Jermalism’ trojan horse to attack women.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Penguin Dragneel  
No, I can blame how people immediately went off message and started attacking people involved in the journalistic collusion and unprofessionality for their social politics instead of for their collusion and unprofessional behaviour.

Shit was enraging to watch, as someone actually in the games industry and excited to see people maybe expose what a sham games journalism is, and seeing everyone suddenly forget about all that and start arguing over identity politics or whatever the fuck. You all left them off the hook and played so readily into their hand it was mindblowing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide