Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #5EBE  
They relieved him of his command without putting forth an investigation. Even retired Navy servicemen found that as bizarre and this is along with the paranoid tirade the acting Navy Secretary went on over the intercom, berating the captain as stupid, it shows a lack of professionalism.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
This stupid virus shit better not delay getting Trump voted out of office this fall.

Now, I only know of this second hand, but AFAIK this is how the process goes.

States have the authority to schedule their primaries whenever they wish. But the General Election is hardcoded for a November date by the constitution itself. I’ve no doubt whatsoever Trump will try or at least say the General should be delayed, but until the (Conservative majority controlled) Supreme Court says otherwise, or unless Congress rushes out a new amendment, then there’s nothing he can do. The Election will happen in November.

In a hypothetical scenario, however, where the General doesn’t have for whatever reason, then Trump and Pence are still out by January 20th. According to the constitution each President and Vice President only serves a single term per election, and once that term is up they’re out. So if Trump and Pence aren’t reelected by January 20th, 12:01 a.m. then they aren’t President and Vice President anymore.

It’s here where things get weird from what I’ve been told. The line of succession says that after the P and VP the Speaker of the House would assume Office until next election. But all House Representatives are also up for reelection this November, so even the current Speaker (Pelosi in this case) won’t take Office because even her term as Speaker will be up. I thought they would then go next in the Line of Succession, but I’ve been told in this weird scenario it would actually fall upon the Senate to elect a President.

Thing is even in that hypothetical there’s about 30 senators up for reelection this November too. I didn’t get a straight answer on whether the remaining 70 or so senators get to vote on the next President, or if they wait until the state governors to declare their 30 respective replacement senators, after which the now full 100 will then vote on for a President.

All of this is a long way of saying you don’t need to worry about Trump stealing the election (though he is certain to try/say he should), but after that who knows.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Typhoon2000

No, it wasn’t. There were and are genuine people in Cali who want to secede from the US, just like there are genuine people in Texas that want to secede, and genuine in Alaska that want to secede. Just because Russian trolls [allegedly] helped out doesn’t mean their movements are invalid, any more than gun control efforts being funded by the CCP (which really happens BTW) is invalid.

I’m of the opinion that devolution is better than civil wars or insurgencies, so if the Californians want to leave the union, let them!
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
The tirade was wrong, I agree, but relieving him of command before an investigation is finished is not that stranhe if you consider the acting secretary was doubting the man’s abilities to lead.
NeonThriller

The truth is Republicans don’t care about the virus, They only care about their pathetic corporate interests, They want chaos, They want people getting sick, And when people die because of their reckless actions, They won’t care a single bit.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
I don’t know if he does care more about the info or their lives. The Navy is claiming aid was already on its way.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Typhoon2000  
you got me at «Twitter do something»  
Twitter can’t stop a REVOLUTION!

Social networks are nothing but chains and control rods on a boiling population! And not Twitter or Facebook or TV have no more influence, as soon people no longer are in control, chaos will reign.

Get ready for the boogaloo, man! I’m organizing the secession of Franche-Comté from France and the EU.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Patachu

Could you at least do me a solid and flog a FAMAS from the armouries? Me and my cohorts would like to get our hands on a working sample, as we’d like to see if we could reverse-engineer them and develop a version that can be made with additive manufacturing. Gun Jesus speaks very highly of the FAMAS, despite usually being leery towards bullpups, so it’ll be good if we could make a variant of it using the same techniques we use to make the FGC-9.

Anyhow, the guy who spearheaded NZ’s coronavirus response was done for flagrantly violating the rules he himself approved. Can’t wait for Stuart Nash to be done for having a huge collection of semi-autos that he didn’t hand in during the confiscation, lol.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide