Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Mikey

I hate the Bothsiderism argument. But mostly because the Democrats are tryharding the hell out of making it a legit thing.

But let’s be frank. President Biden and/or Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer won’t make the country even a single iota better than it is currently (In Biden’s case by his own admission FFS!), but 4 more years of Trump and Massacre Mitch will make the country worse than it is now.

Things stay godawful or things gets worse! Ain’t the two party system grand?
Princess Applejack

@Dustcan  
She had many opportunities to come forward since the incident. She could have told her story when Biden was first running for the presidency in 2008. She could have told it in 2012 when Obama was running for reelection to draw unwanted attention to Obama’s Vice President. She could have told it in 2016 to hurt Hillary Clinton and help Sanders. She could have told it in 2019 when Biden announced he was running for office or during the impeachment where the focus was on Joe Biden and his son. She could have told her story during the South Carolina race to help Bernie Sanders snag a lead and try to turn the public against Biden.

The fact that she waited until Bernie Sanders is losing to make the accusation despite having multiple opportunities tell us something. No wonder the media chose to ignore her.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
I’m not someone who believes in the whole “believe all woman” mantra, but I think the big issue I have is that so many people piled on Kavanaugh during his hearings over sexual assault accusations, but now that it is Biden you don’t hear anything from those people, especially the members of the media. A lot of republicans had the same reasons as you, I didn’t buy into that logic then or now. That being said, with how long ago it was unless she has some strong evidence I don’t know how much weight the accusation will have.
Background Pony #DEDE
Trump is probably going to win re-election.

I think it might be time for us to cut our losses, admit America is a failed experiment, and move to a sane country.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #5EBE  
That judge responded to the accusations like a jackass that is why people went after him.That hearing was a dog and pony show, seeing who could please Trump more by acting like unprofessional hacks. So yeah we all know why he is there, its no secret Kavanagh was put there to act like a pivot to progressive and democratic causes. Its well known that many of Trump’s picks for the courts are unqualified to hold their positions.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
Let’s be honest here, the media is treating this differently because Kavanagh was nominated by a republican and Biden is the democratic nominee they have favored. As a result they are silent on Biden’s accusation. You should be in favor of the media pursuing the accusation on Biden just as strong as they did with Kavanagh.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #5EBE  
Here we go with a tirade about the “Media”

Kavanagh was nominated because he was young and would be around to hold power for the GOP long after they are gone from office. Why else do you think Mitch McConnell is telling judges to hurry up and retire so they can swear in younger judges. Its all about holding onto power in a country where the GOP’s influence is constantly shrinking.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
What does any of that have to do with major news sources not covering a rape accusation of the frontrunner of the Democrat party? I’m not discussing with you the merits of Kavanagh, I’m calling into question major media sites like CNN who, despite having a virtual town hall with the man after the accusations were public, did not press the issue. CNN, MSNBC, NBC have ignored it. Other sites like The Economist and Salon have covered it.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #5EBE  
Because its obvious that the woman was using the assault as a political tool to smear Biden and help Sanders. She had multiple opportunity to make her story to the public but now that a candidate she supports is losing she decides to open up about it. Its pretty clear what that woman’s MO is and that is why the media chose to ignore it. The source is unreliable so they can’t use it.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
ok, that same argument was used to defend Kavanagh, but back then those same media sources ignored that argument and still pursued the story.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Apple Thor

Yes, but you know if she was trying to use this on the express purpose to sink Biden’s campaign/help her candidate it would make more sense if she did it when her 1st choice was leading/needing help.

In other news I signed up to volunteer as a poll worker in my state. Unfortunately in-person voting for the primaries were cancelled so they said they’d keep me in mind for November.

Not sure if I’ll have the free time in November but okay.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #5EBE  
She isn’t a reliable source, people see it as nothing more than a last attempt to smear Biden. Its why the media did not cover it. Its pretty clear she had all the time in the world to come out with her story to due him harm in his 2008 bid but chose to not pursuit it. So its clear she is using her assault as a last ditch effort to smear Biden.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Apple Thor  
The same argument could be, and was used against the Kavanagh accusation. That she had all the time in the world to come forward, that it was a desperate attempt to sink his nomination.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
She did try to come forth earlier but was rejected by an organization meant to help MeToo survivors. They refused her on the grounds that going after a candidate running for president would revoke their non-profit status.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Dustcan  
This really does make them look worse, and makes that whole movement look full of shit. Can’t have it their way, gotta hold both parties accountable
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide