Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #D208

AFAIK the only thing Reps seem to be holding on to is an errant line spoken by an FBI agent of ‘We’ll either catch him in an admission or catch him in a lie.’

Which in a vacuum sounds like attempted entrapment, until you realize they already had proof of him doing the crime. So it wasn’t a case of ‘We’re gonna nail him on bogus charges’ but ‘He’s guilty. Now we just need to see how far he’s gonna dig himself into a hole.’

It’s Lisa Page and Peter Strzok again.

@Background Pony #6300

The fourth or so firing that by Trump’s own admission was because they were investigating him and nothing else.
Background Pony #449A
@Dustcan  
No, I asked for the crime he committed that they had proof of. Talking to his Russian counterpart when he is a part of the incoming administration isn’t the crime. If it was (People kept tossing around the Logan Act) they should have charged him with that. My point is they didn’t have an underlying crime they had proof of him committing, which is why they charged him with a procedural crime of lying to the FBI. The deal he made was after the lie.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Trump committed the crime of terrorism, just like his predecessors. Lock them all up!!! Down with Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton!!!!!!!
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Latecomer  
The parts he’s screwing up are the parts that are supposed to be easy. Like bullshit inspirational speeches. Even the C student with no grasp of English and the cowboy actor with Alzheimer’s could sell bullshit inspirational speeches when they had to. And what we’re learning the hard way is that those bullshit speeches are important. They bring the country together in times of crisis. Without them… well, it’s every man for himself out here.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Derpy Whooves  
I’m being serious. We blow up children overseas all the time. During the Obama Administration, we had a 90% civilian kill rate. You know what that makes us as a nation? Mass-terrorists. We act like 9/11 was the greatest travesty of all time, yet we’ve killed far more of their people. So why do we call one terrorism and not the other? Because the victims of one are brown people, almost all of which speak a different language and practice a different religion than us. This country is racist and genocidal. Not to mention that every war the US has entered post-WWII has been complete bullshit and based on lies. Literally every single one after that, we have been the bad guys terrorizing them.

We have so much innocent blood on our hands and it kinda disgusts me that the biggest controversies a president can do according to most people are things like wearing a tan suit, eating Dijon mustard, wiretapping a different president, getting some dirt on their opponents, misusing campaign donations, using vulgar language and tweeting about celebrities. None of that stuff actually matters. What really matters is taking the lives of innocent people.

People always say I sound like a troll no matter what I’m talking about. I think it’s just because I like to use hyperbole and make strong statements with lots of emotion, but that’s just how I communicate. Also, I was serious about considering running for office. If I do decide to, I’ll use this same communication style. I think it’ll get me lots of attention.
Latecomer

@UserAccount  
Attention, yes - election, no. Or at least, that’s what I would say, but who would have guessed that the current gui would get in?

And while doing bad things elsewhere in the world may be a Presidential norm, screwing around in America, where the voters are, will tend to be more scandalous if exposed. But then, that man seems to be breaking that rule too…
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Latecomer  
Exactly, people voted for Trump because they perceived him as an outsider. In reality, he’s just as much of an insider as the rest of the ruling class due to his massive wealth. I think an actual outsider would crush it!

@MethidMan  
If I were president, we wouldn’t kill people overseas, we’d be doing proper preparations for COVID-19, we’d be paying people emergency UBIs until the pandemic ends, massive corporations would be forced to bail the people out rather than the other way around, Jeff Bezos would be tried and jailed as a terrorist, Edward Snowden would be brought back home and given a hero’s medal, all my predecessors would be thrown in prison, we’d end homelessness and I’d lead a working class revolt to destroy the rich and the rest of the government. (Which I doubt would require us to actually use any violence.) I’d also be the last president and would help build the new government to replace the current one. To me, those things all sound good.

I won’t be eligible for president for over 10 years, though. I hope we’ve already had our last president way before then, but if not, I’ll have to step in. Hopefully I’m already a senator by that point.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Latecomer  
Bernie Sanders was the closest thing to an outsider America’s ever had and I truly believe he would’ve won if he’d actively made the media, all his opponents and the DNC his active enemy and exposed what corrupt pieces of shit they were. Instead he was too weak and let himself get crushed by these scumfucks.

If I were running, I’d challenge Chuck Todd to a televised cage match, photoshop Tom Perez as a They Live monster, call Liz Warren a lying cunt, make fun of Joe’s inability to speak, call out Mayor Pete as a CIA operative and just be an irritable, angry asshole that yells and screams over everyone.
Latecomer

@UserAccount  
And I’d say you can’t win that way… but after last time, never say never I guess. Now, whether someone who behaves like that should be President is another story - but as you’ve pointed out, standards for the position are low.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Hijacking this thread because y’all never talk about international politics even though it’s more important, you f*cking cowards.

Hong Kong pro-democracy legislators got kicked and locked out of the house by CCP’s pro-Beijing police, so that their CCP candidate would get voted unanimously.

There’s actual video evidence for this. There is no way this would stand up publicly.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
@Scrabbleman  
Honestly, the situation over there’s escalating too much. Something needs to be done about China by the global community but I know that they won’t because China has most of the world’s resources under lock and are doing heavy activities in Africa…

Not to mention that they have the largest resource concentration of Rare Earth Minerals which are key to modern technology’s function. The world can’t really do anything about China and it knows that, so it’s doing all this.
Background Pony #D208
@Latecomer  
As far as Hong Kong goes this is probably the best solution. It is Chinese territory and you’ll never have global support for putting a halt to what they are doing there. The world doesn’t even care that much that the country is running reeducation camps for their muslims.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide