Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@UserAccount

An obese man taking a medication that is already known to cause heart problems.

Yea, if he’s not lying then all he’s doing is signing his own death warrant.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@UserAccount  
People still ignore what exactly is Plaquenil/HCQ in treatment of diseases.  
Imagine it more like a missile, the payload is interferons ( to stimulate the immune system) and antibiotics, especially azithromycine are the weapon, and hydroxycholoquine is the intermediary stages.  
Alone, HCQ is doing nothing. It’s like you shoot a missile on a target with an empty warhead, it will sure destroy some building at best. The antibiotic is more like, the nuclear payload in that case.

Earlier we should have had results from the Discovery test, to validate which treatment, and all are giving positive results, Plaquenil/Azithrocin combo are the most efficient. Lopinavir/Ritonavir, antiretroviral drugs have a small effect in reducing the viral charge. At this point HCQ is a more radical trratment. Not the best, but does the thing.  
That’s why they claimed the “DisCovEry” tests from the inserm have been halted, that’s not a perfect combo but all we have right now.

nope, HCQ / Azithromocin is not a magical cure, but it’s not bad.  
Also, all drugs are technically dangerous. If it’s not, it’s called a placebo or homeopathy.

@Zincy  
What’s your conclusion, doc? Is he dead yet?
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Of course he’s lying. No responsible doctor would prescribe it at this point, but he’s pathologically incapable of admitting error. This is the Sharpie all over again.

@Patachu  
Do you even know what an antibiotic is?
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Background Human  
I’m not a doctor, but I can research basic info, there’s no two different kind, myself I admit I have no idea how a wide-spectrum antibio will have a solid effect on the COVID, but I guess it does reduce the workload for the immune system, hence helping more like a support for the immune system of some patients to combat and eliminate the viral load.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Zintenka  
In an ideal world, China would go into a multi-sided civil war and the rest of the world would watch. China is too big of a country and needs to be kicked down several notches.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Patachu

Antibiotics have 0 impact on viruses per se. And there is only limit evidence that broad spectrum antibiotic treatments can serve as any sort of immuneal booster. More likely, it will weaken the body as it indiscriminately kills gut bacteria.

The theory behind HQ and CHQ is their effect directly on the immune system. Specifically, both compounds are very good at penetrating cell walls and getting into a bunch of hard to reach places. It’ll punch right through lipid bilayers like they’re nothing.

As an antimalarial, it is able to break into the parasites “stomach” (think pouch of acid). HCQ loves loves loves acidic ions. It’ll snatch some electrons, and end up making itself too fat to leave. And there it sits in the parasites gut, weakening the acid and blocking its ability to break down toxins.

As for the immune system, it suppresses the cytokine response. It blocks up lysosomes inside immune cells, preventing them from breaking down proteins into antigens and starting up a storm. Again, by fucking with the PH balancing. It’s the immunial suppression that helps it treat stuff like Lupus.

Neither of those purposes increases the immune response in any way. It doesn’t stimulate the immune system, it suppresses it.

What it can do is alter the PH balancing in cells preventing viral replication plus slowing the cytokine response so the body doesn’t overreact. Meaning taking HCQ to “prevent” or prepare for an infection is pointless. If it works, it would only work on an infected individual.

Even in “safe” doses, HCQ has some nasty side effects with the heart. It can be fatal if you’re on certain heart medications.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@igotnopicks  
I’d still laugh at the idea of Trump burning in Hell, though.

Pence would probably only be equally bad and would have a greater chance of losing reelection, since so many Trump supporters are conspiracy theory prone, they’d probably think Pence masterminded it.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@igotnopicks  
I’m not sure one way or the other, but I do think he’d have a worse chance of winning in November, which is good. Pence for the remainder of this year would definitely not be worse than four more years of Trump.
Patachu

@Zincy  
Indeed, that thing contains chlorine, it’s a base, so that’s what it targets. So yes, it’s weird, and I agree, I prefer not to have any treatment and be healthy like, right now rather than take anything. And of course, it’s not preventive, maybe Trump wanted to prove a point, it didn’t kill him. Might have had a shit like he never had though.

So, I’m also wondering, how this drug and the treatment that comes with it, being used in the CHU of Marseilles, had so many good results. Also everyone talks about the Hydroxychloroquinroxoxything, while also the patients have been injected Betaferon as a part of the treatment.  
If it really was as many people imagined, a placebo effect many of the patients should have died.

I’ll try to grab more info on this. Because i agree, many scientists called Pr. Raoult being a complete cheat, but so far, his treatment brought results that can not be linked to any placebo effect.

It’s true, Pr. Raoult does not follows any of the testing procedure or any protocol, and again, the Discovery experiment failed to prove a lack of efficiency of the treatment. We should just know how and why, that’s how we’d actually adapt a better treatment. But the EU just wasted a few dozen of millions into a complete lemon.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Hijacking this thread because y’all never talk about international politics even though it’s more important, you f*cking cowards.
Hong Kong pro-democracy legislators got kicked and locked out of the house by CCP’s pro-Beijing police, so that their CCP candidate would get voted unanimously.
There’s actual video evidence for this. There is no way this would stand up publicly.

You think that China will roll in with tanks if Hong Kongers resist? Or resort to abductions and assassinations?

Either way, it’s a shame China had grown to be so dictatorial.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
Hijacking this thread because y’all never talk about international politics even though it’s more important, you f*cking cowards.
Hong Kong pro-democracy legislators got kicked and locked out of the house by CCP’s pro-Beijing police, so that their CCP candidate would get voted unanimously.
There’s actual video evidence for this. There is no way this would stand up publicly.
You think that China will roll in with tanks if Hong Kongers resist? Or resort to abductions and assassinations?

They never truly stopped being dictatorial since Tiananmen. They’ve just managed to sell to the rest of the world the fiction that they did.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )

I mean, yeah? I can definitely see them doing that, particularly if relations with “the west” sour further over the virus and they decide the PR hit will be just another drop in the bucket at that point.

That or there’s a tragedy and the virus spreads wildly in HK and China just has to intervene, for humanitarian purposes ofc.
Egil
Non-Fungible Trixie -

screaming forever
@The Smiling Pony  
At least we agree China sucks. They believe since there’s millions of people to control and more are born everyday that massacres to them are as forgettable as dead skin cells falling from your body with every step. I mean if you shittalk the police online they put you in a cage chair and demand an apology.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Barr has directly contradicted Trump by saying that Obamagate has nothing there.

I imagine he now has at best month before being canned.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@The Smiling Pony  
I’ve known this country was fucked and beyond saving for years now, but sometimes our level of intentional self-destruction even surprises me. Everyone make sure to ignore our government’s lies and keep yourself safe.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide