Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Make your prediction: Will Trump lose in November? I say probably not, but it’s not as impossible as some people think. Trump is either the worst or the second worst president we’ve ever had and he failed to start a war to drum up support behind him. And now his own supporters are going to get themselves killed because they’re too stupid to know that COVID is real.

Biden is an absolutely unelectable melted brain moron, but what are the chances that works against Trump? If you’re one of his supporters and you see fucking Biden of all people as the Dems’ nominee, why would you even bother to show up? That overconfidence could work against the Right the way it did liberals in 2016.

Overall, I say Trump getting reelected is the most likely scenario, but I put it at about 60/40. Of course, this isn’t accounting for the possibility of him cancelling the election, which that evil motherfucker Cuomo has given him precedent to do.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

«Trump is racist you know i don’t like it»  
from that guy who bombed sovereign countries, destabilized the middle east, armed islamist rebels and causing a war with million victims and even more side causalties.

Huffington, who just over 15 years ago was exposing his war and the shit he created: «So brave!»

Americans are fucking hypocrites.

Also how is «Trump is playing golf that’s evil» even an argument? I know you prefer bowling but that has nothing to do with politics.
Background Pony #686B
@Patachu  
Huffington Post is pretty bad as far as “news” goes. I can’t say they are the worst since you have places like Salon, but they are pretty terrible.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Patachu  
Evil? No. Massively hypocritical? Definitely.

Trump repeatedly attacked Obama for playing golf during his presidency, and once said that if he were president, he’d not waste time playing golf, he’d be too busy working. Cue to reality, where Trump has in his three years spent more time golfing than Obama in his eight.

And always on resorts he owns, forcing the government to pay his own properties for the trip and accommodations.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@UserAccount  
Actually they would be pissed off if he canceled the election because they can’t vote for him.

Also this would make him going from President to a dictator. Which the US doesn’t want. Then the Senate including his own party would kick him out of the white house because of that. So yeah a President can’t cancel an election. The Election can’t be delayed either. It’s in November.
UserAccount
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@igotnopicks  
But he’d make a great figurehead dictator for them. All he has to do is cancel the election and declare himself President for Life, an idea he’s flirted with numerous times. Who would stop him?
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@UserAccount  
Easy the people would when they hear that he cancelled the election or any future election.

It would piss off the wrong people the same people that loved Trump would turn on him. So overall he would be a short lived Dictator because almost everyone in the US has a gun.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Relevant.

@Dustcan  
To bring up an a question from a while back about Trump cancelling the election, a lawyer explains the process of what would happen.
So can Trump just remain president for life by simply cancelling the election?
The short answer: It’s no.
The long answer: ||He can try, but his term is hard coded in the Constitution twice over to end 4 years after his election, specifically at noon on January 20th 2021. Unless he’s able to ram through some kind of Constitutional Amendment that overturns both other Amendments in the 9 month period between now and January, he’s out.
Then it falls upon the Chain of Succession to determine who’s the president. Since Mike Pence’s term as VP also ends Jan 20th, 2021 he’s also out. Things get weird after this. After that the Speaker of the House takes the reins, but since their term also ends Jan 20th they would also be ineligible unless the state governors elect emergency House Representatives to fill the role. Unless that happens then the Chain moves on to the next person, who would be oldest person in the Senate’s majority party. Currently that is Chuck Grassley.
Thing is about 2/3 of the Senate is up for reelection. In this stage of the hypothetical, either Grassley (who’s not up for reelection) would take the presidency, or every state’s governor can simply elect their own interim Senators. In the latter scenario, since there’s more Democratic governors in the states up for reelecting their Senators, this would mean the Democrats get a Senate majority and thus the Chain would fall on whomever is the oldest Democrat Senator at that time.
So the bottom line is, except in the most extreme and blatant defiance of all laws and Constitution (basically a full-on coup), any attempt by Trump to suspend the election will backfire not only on him but the Republican party as a whole.||
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Dustcan  
What’s legal and what’s possible are two different things. In this timeline, I could fully expect Trump to refuse to leave the WH and everyone surrounding him, including military leaders, being too chickenshit to do anything about it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@The Smiling Pony

Hence the coup comment. Because there is no legally or Constitutionally path that won’t backfire on Trump if he cancels or postpone the election, let alone ignore the results.

If the GOP does try a coup then we will see the limits of Fox News/Limbaugh brainwashing.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Trump took to Twitter to again insult a veteran, on Memorial Day (he also insulted another politician who was a vet on Veterans Day) thus continuing his display of utter contempt for military service members.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Gun rights advocates spark outrage by hanging effigy of Kentucky governor Andy Beshear at protest

Disgusting… This is why we call them “deplorables”.

If I were governor and found out a group of asshole rednecks were doing this outside my home and called me to come out, not only would I come out, I’d fuckin’ dare them to shoot me, an unarmed man; I’d be willing to sacrifice my life to let these barbarians show themselves to the world for the disgusting bags of filth they truly are. I would shout to them to go ahead and shoot me because it would only serve to benefit a noble cause and one day inspire others to fill the void and fulfill my cause.

Disgraced insects…
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MethidMan

The funny thing is, Andy is pretty neutral on guns.

He’s one of the most moderate Dems out there, and has focused most of is energy on health and criminal justice reform.

These zealots are too stupid to realize that someone like Andy would be the best person to work with for common sense gun laws that can appeal to both sides.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide