Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #0E5F
@The Smiling Pony  
“I won’t outright condemn you”

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
Background Pony #0E5F
Or what about this?

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.
And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.
We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

But I’m sure you’ll find some way to rationalize how that’s not what he really means.
Background Pony #EF93
@Background Pony #2F82

He can be a racist and still be outraged that cops murdered a dude on camera and didn’t seem to think they were doing anything wrong. Lots of people who are racist don’t actually favor murdering members of the races they favor discriminating against. My assumption is that the president simply falls into that category.
Background Pony #0E5F
@Dustcan  
Oh no, Trump redirected grant money to different recipients who are fighting other kinds of hate. How awful of him.

@The Smiling Pony

@Background Pony #6300  
It’s irrelevant what he said or when he said it for you. First it was a case of “Trump said these neo-nazis were good people.” Then it becomes “He didn’t directly condemn them.” Now it’s “He took too long to condemn them.” Of course you also have some people who will claim it is a dog whistle no matter what he says. The fact is in your mind you have already decided he is a racist, so any denial he makes you will twist and excuse away, while pointing to literally anything else as evidence he is a racist.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

The image shows a masked, dark-skinned man with a handgun and a set of points, ostensibly about deaths in 2015:
“Blacks killed by whites – 2%”
“Blacks killed by police – 1%”
“Whites killed by police – 3%”
“Whites killed by whites – 16%”
“Whites killed by blacks – 81%”
“Blacks killed by blacks – 97%’
The image cites the “Crime Statistics Bureau - San Francisco”
None of the numbers are supported by official sources. The figures on black-on-white homicides and white-on-white homicides are wildly inaccurate. And, as several news organizations quickly noted, the “Crime Statistics Bureau” doesn’t exist.
Parenthetically, the website Little Green Footballs traced the original image back to a Twitter stream that appears to originate in the United Kingdom and features a modified swatiska with the line “Should have listened to the Austrian chap with the little moustache.”
Background Pony #0E5F
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
I’ve been here for awhile, sorry I’m not a part of your hivemind. As for the statistics, yeah Trump tweeted something stupid where the exact numbers were wrong, however he did not tweet the image with a swastika.
Background Pony #EF93
What’s with the influx of Trump defender Background Ponies crawling out of the woodwork? Practicing for Operation: Pridefall?

Actually, I think he has been a miserable failure as a president and is an awful person. However, that does not mean that every bad thing said about Trump is something I will endorse. There is no need to make stuff up about him; the truth is awful enough without grunting and screaming “ORANGE MAN BAD!” at every opportunity. Heck, when he does something good, or at least dignified/presidential, I try to mention it as a way to build common ground with people on the other side of the fence. If there’s one thing in America that’s doing more to run the country into the ground than any one politician, it’s political tribalism.

Hence, if someone says he is hypocritical to decry the murder of a black man by the police, I will point out that racism is not always taken to a genocidal degree, and it’s probably the case that he’s racist but doesn’t actually want the cops to murder black people for kicks.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
This started with the public demanding new laws against Police Brutality. It will end with the public demanding Constitutional Carry.  
The latter helps to achieve both.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
If the past two days don’t illustrate emphatically to the unconverted why Gun-Free Zones are naïve, and you should always have a means to defend yourself and your property?  
I don’t know what will.

Police react to trouble. They rarely prevent and at times they will make it worse then it ever needed to be.  
Supreme Court has ruled law enforcement has no legal obligation to protect anyone in any situation.

I checked all the leadership where riots happened. All democrats. Because of the local nature, I don’t think the riots will affect national-level politics much. But some local mayors, governors and congressmen and women are going to have a rough November
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide