Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #2F82  
He “sent them in” to teargas peaceful protestors so Trump could get his picture taken in front of a church.

It’s either they put down the rioters and looters

Ok, so you are referring to the peaceful protesters who were teargassed as looters and rioters. What did they loot? Where was the riot?

Do you also think Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of the Diocese of Washington DC should be “put down” too for objecting to the action?

I can’t believe you, of all people, are promoting violence to peaceful protestors or defending the Presidents abuse of force for a photo op.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
They don’t give a fuck about getting informed but love to have opinions.
No offense to other posters, but he does have a point. Seems like most others here are content with posting a single tweet/headline and saying an opinion rather than giving updates or informed analysis on current issues. As far as politics go it’s a low standard.

I agree on this. Most people just shooting ammo to at each other. Protester hurt here, police officer hurt there. Not really viewing that both injustices happen and not going on in a vacuum.

@Background Pony #FE3C  
I believe that forces are fermenting division for there own goals and that the media has its own narratives but I don’t think it’s good to invest in a grand narrative as it is a too simplistic way to view the world and can make one invest in one single explanation stripped of nuance.

@NitroFury  
This is close to where I am at. Though I think in some places that it has gotten out of hand enough to send them in. I think we should be leery to cheer on invoking the insurrection act. Trump probably not going to handle it in a way that is stabilizing and calming and it usurps state’s authority.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@CaptainXtra  
A lot of things will be lost if it goes down. Not just receipts or deleted news articles but culturally relevant works as well. Millions of websites and a large window into the “forgotten age” of pre social media 2000s. A lot of stuff that maybe even forgotten in living memory. I shutter to think if it does fail.

@Dustcan  
Well, I suppose one could draw a line at stuff like copyrighted music and lost media:  
https://archive.org/details/attentionkmartshoppers  
but even then you run into the problem that a lot of it still has cultural relevancy and maybe not being preserved at all outside of the internet archive in a somewhat organized fashion.

@OneMoreAnonymous  
I appreciate you replying to me in a civil manner and you honestly have more nuance to your views than I thought. It maybe a bit as there is a lot to unpack but I will get back to you. Last four quotes aren’t from me. I assume you were replying to somebody else and forgot to put the name there.
Vultraz
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

God of Keyboard Dusting
@Derpy Whooves  
Regardless of what he was replying to, given the qualification  
You know, the ones ruining people’s lives and NOT the peaceful protestors
I’m guessing that 2F82’s intent is not that Trump should deploy the national guard or police forces to crack down on peaceful protestors, despite your sanctimonious accusation otherwise.
Vultraz
Artist -

God of Keyboard Dusting
@Derpy Whooves  
I was being facetious by using the word “guessing”. What I really mean is that the text means what it reads, verbatim. Let me put it in bold:  
You know, the ones ruining people’s lives and NOT the peaceful protestors
Vultraz
Artist -

God of Keyboard Dusting
What does violence in Manhatten have to do with any of those clergy or the peaceful protesters by the church?
My intent by supplying those link(s) (plural) demonstrating violence, theft, and vandalism across the US, including in DC, was to give emphasis to 2F82’s point that there are bad actors. My personal views on the matter are that there does not seem to have been any good justification for use of tear gas in the photo-op situation, and deployment of the Natl. Guard sets a bad precedent. Deployment is, unfortunately, politically favorable for Trump since in many places, the police are spending more time enforcing curfews against peaceful protestors than stopping actual theft (you can blame the state/city gvmts/the police themselves for that). If I were to offer an alternative, I would say to give people immunity for defending their own property with force, since the police don’t seem willing to actually help.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@The Smiling Pony
As trump said, he’s only going to send them in if the governers and majors don’t get it under control, which they don’t so far, and by that point there would be no other choice. It’s either they put down the rioters and looters(You know, the ones ruining people’s lives and NOT the peaceful protestors) or let the rioters and looters keep killing people and ruining their lives.

Washington DC protesters? the ones being targeted being, the ones that weren’t rioting or looting? Aren’t those people protected under the Constitution’s first amendment?
Background Pony #FE3C
You mean like him reviving the (long disproved) Reagan era idea of trickle down economics with a huge tax cut for giant corporations and the ultra rich? Or his desire to cut social programs or make them harder to get access to out of some misguided notion that people use them because they’re lazy? Or his continual push for deregulation, because somehow it’s bad for business not to be able to dump toxic waste directly into rivers?

Holy strawman, Batman. The long-disproved idea is the term “trickle down” which no one credible actually uses. It’s always a strawman against supply-side economics to make it sound bad. Also, back in Reagan’s day the proportion of money going into taxes did not decrease much at all, proving that this was once again just talk.  
As for what Trump did, nearly half of American taxpayers pays no federal income tax at all while the top 10% of income recipients pay over 70%. The middle class received a 1-4% cut in their federal income taxes. That’s not much but it’s a step in the right direction. The corporate income tax represents double taxation of profits, which are taxed again as dividends at the personal level. Most economists recognize that the corporate tax is a counterproductive tax that stifles economic growth and needs to be changed, if not abolished.

It is regulation itself that is corrupt because the regulators are invariably “captured” by the regulated industry. The result is that regulated industries gain protection from competition and government largess and bailouts at the expense of consumers. Thus regulation did not prevent Bernie Madoff’s scam or the financial crisis, nor does it protect the American consumers from skyrocketing health care costs. Even a moderate dose of regulatory relief will produce lower prices, more jobs, and economic growth.

Lastly, where did Trump cut social programs? I personally think it’s a failing he did not do so because America is going bankrupt and the deficit has only widened.

As for the decriminalization of homosexuality worldwide: https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019/09/24/trump-brings-up-global-initiative-to-decriminalize-homosexuality-at-u-n/  
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/politics/intelligence-sharing-lgbt-laws.html

There is a term people use called “Trump Derangement Syndrome” which is an unhealthy fixation on everything Trump does and nay-says his every move to avoid agreeing with him even once. People who suffer from this tend to be manipulated by media very easily; look at how quickly headlines across the world excoriated the church speech. The church speech was symbolically important because America is in a state of panic and needs reassurance, regardless of whether you like Trump or not.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide