Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The longer this goes on the more people will vote for Trump again. When he stops it he is the hero. Stupid people do stupid things and the people in the streets now are not the smart ones. They went home. Time to stop this with force before more lives are lost to ANTIFIA and BLM.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Background Pony #FE3C

Bringing it up with the UN and “sharing less intelligence” with other countries is almost nothing compared to what I’ve posted earlier, where his actions spoke louder than words.

Trump Derangement Syndrome? How funny. Trump spent eight year losing his shit over Obama’s birth certificate yet people criticising the boundless corruption & incompetence is “derangement”. These are the people that fell for Pizzagate & Qanon but the people pointing out the blatant incompetence in the executive branch are somehow the ones out of touch with reality.

The only thing left to do in the face of your word vomiting is to marvel at your utter inability to enter a discussion in good faith.
Background Pony #FE3C
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Why are you projecting? I’m siding with Trump only where you’re misconstruing his actions, not because I like Trump but because that mentality is not healthy. I don’t like partisan politics on either side because it’s all just a show: the government will increase in power regardless and certain policies remain in power. I always considered Qanon as a likely psy-op but it’s undeniable that society is run by pedophiles, regardless of how organizations try to “debunk” it.  
There are plenty of things to criticize Trump for, but merely repeating the criticisms of opposing media programming does not indicate independent thought.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Violet Rose in The Rain
I’m siding with Trump only where you’re misconstruing his actions

Forget Violet there and explain to me what I’m misconstruing..

Many people have recently used the rioters/looters as a scapegoat to demean and de-legitimize all peaceful protesters, then Donald Trump himself ran with that, used the military to fire on peaceful demonstrators in front of the Washington DC, not for security and safety of the people against looters mind you, but all that just so he can attend a Church service.

Well, all I can say to that is, he attended it and now he’s going to face the scrutiny of the people for both his display at the Church, as well as possibly violating the constitutional first amendment right of every American.

here’s also what Fox News had to say about this event
Background Pony #FE3C
@toxicitzi  
I’m not sure what you expected him to do. If he kept huddling in the White House people would call him weak and America would be still in a state of uncertainty. By walking to the church and giving a speech he restored an image damaged during the previous riots and suggested that the situation was not hopeless. Protocol necessitated that the protestors had to be cleared for safety. Was it morally grey? Absolutely. Did Americans view the speech positively overall? Very probably.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

>used the military to fire on peaceful demonstrators in front of the Washington DC, not for security and safety of the people against looters mind you, but all that just so he can attend a Church service.
>Absolutely. Did Americans view the speech positively overall? Very probably.

I don’t give a shit how the people viewed that petty little pretty speech, I’m just baffled at people’s lack of outrage at their constitutional first amendment being trampled…
Background Pony #FE3C
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
We won’t know until the near future. Hence I said “very probably” because, in my opinion, Americans will prioritize reassurance and have a low opinion of the protestors overall. As for constitutional rights being trampled, why aren’t people making a fuss about the Patriot Act being renewed and enhanced which has far larger long-term consequences?
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Violet Rose in The Rain
As for constitutional rights being trampled, why aren’t people making a fuss about the Patriot Act being renewed and enhanced which has far larger long-term consequences?

Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a red herring version of the classic tu quoque logical fallacy - sometimes implementing the balance fallacy as well - which is employed as a propaganda technique. It is used as a diversionary tactic to shift the focus off of an issue and avoid having to directly address it. This technique works by twisting criticism back onto the critic and in doing so revealing the original critic’s hypocrisy. The usual syntax is “What about…?” followed by an issue on the opponent’s side which is vaguely, if at all, related to the original issue.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
The longer this goes on the more people will vote for Trump again. When he stops it he is the hero. Stupid people do stupid things and the people in the streets now are not the smart ones. They went home. Time to stop this with force before more lives are lost to ANTIFIA and BLM.

Hmm, I highly doubt that.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
This reminds me of that quote about America and Christianity. Basically, most Americans call themselves Christians when in reality, they’re just using religion in order to justify their nationalistic behaviours. They’re not American Christians, they’re “Christian” Americans.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
I expected nothing less of a tragedy from a riot tbh. riots ain’t ever good. drunken riot over sport music and parties? even that, is not good.

So. we stop the riot then. I could think of several ways:  
  1. listen to what the riots are saying–because they’re like neglected crying children who only got your attention when they’re loud and annoying  
  2. beat them into submission and MAYBE they grow up ever more resentful and stab you in the back once’re grown up.  
  3. kill them all. right here right now. don’t even let them grow up. rioters aren’t innocents, are they? kill them before they kill anymore.

Also if Trump is a hero, he’s a hero. Ones that you need and deserve. I personally don’t choose who my heroes would be. Anyone who helped me out of a given pinch I will consider that act heroic; doesn’t matter if he had a track record of swindling people in the past. This idea of “oh don’t let him do this good thing! he’ll get re-elected!” is something I just don’t get, tbh.

Protecting innocent lives shouldn’t be about winning votes. Only third world countries do that. I ranted yesterday about how every good deeds many politicians in my country are doing, are always calculated moves to sway the polls to their favors. I appreciate the gesture but the amount of strings attached is usually long enough to create a noose for each voters.

Donald Trump re-elected? Sure why not. Though I kinda wish he would just go to his old real estate investing, bankruptcy filing, fake guru seminar-selling ways.
Background Pony #FE3C
Correct me if I’m wrong, but…  
People got angry because of selective reporting by the media that looks calculated to race-bait. One incident out of hundreds a year sparked this.  
Riots broke out which have caused death, destruction, and division across the country.  
There is a very blurry line between a “peaceful protest” and a “violent riot,” yet protests are continuing despite the danger presented to ordinary people all across the country.  
Even “peaceful protestors” don’t have a message, policy direction, or anything meaningful they aim to accomplish.  
Celebrities and politicians are still “outpouring grief” for the one man who died previously instead of the dozens who were maimed or killed as a result of the riots.  
A two hundred year-old church across the street from the White House was vandalized but when a section of D.C. is cleared of protestors people are crying out about violence. SurprisedPikachuFace.jpg

Do even the “peaceful” protestors have a leg to stand on at this point? Their cause is slanted and fabricated, they have no positive message, and they have in many instances enabled a complete breakdown of public order. I’ve always abhorred and opposed police brutality but at least it exists next to something productive; the protests have done nothing positive and their bad side is looking to outpace in a few days what all the police brutality in the country could do in a year. It looks like a movement of lemmings and I feel sorry for those who bought into it.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
We will see this november. (If thats when the election is…)

@tehwatever  
You dont have to kill anybody. Just get men with guns and armored vehicles to hotspot. Look menacing. Problem usually solves itself. If not fire some warning shots. If the looters still persists you may have to take some out but I doubt that will happen.

Will Trump get re-elected? He just might. I always advocate peaceful political reform and protests. Not riots. Riots are not covered by any democratic freedom and should be stopped. BLM/ANTIFA etc might just be pushing enough people over to the other side so a Trump crackdown on this wins him the election against the aptly named sleepy joe. (Is he alive?)
Background Pony #FE3C
@Mikey  
“Judge not, that you may not be judged, For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.” (Matt 1:1-5)  
That this is ignored by virtually all politicians of every ideology and party is sadly the case. However, I expect a priest to have more familiarity with these verses.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide