Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Background Pony #38EB

(laughs) Well, I’m actually part of the European Green Party, but I have a lot of social democratic friends, and I don’t take offense at this term. But I know that some people try to put everything they don’t understand ecologically right in the left corner. By the way, I’d be grateful if you wouldn’t take my historical analogy out of context. Obviously, I was talking about the two-class system. Or to put it more simply for you: The ever widening gap between rich and poor. ;-)

One of the main reasons for the fall of the (West) Roman empire was not because it was attacked by foreign forces, but because it broke down due to internal problems of the empire. This was due to a severe financial crisis. The ongoing wars and high expenditures had severely weakened the treasury; the constant tax increases and inflation had widened the gap between rich and poor. In the hope of avoiding tax payments, many wealthy citizens of Rome had fled to the countryside and had established independent fiefdoms there.

At the same time, the empire lacked manpower. The economic strength of Rome depended on the slaves who worked the country and were artisanal. Through the many military successes, Rome was able to turn many defeated peoples into serfs. But when expansion did not progress further in the 2nd century, the supply of slaves and other war booties dried up. With this uncertain economic situation and agriculture in decline, the empire lost its power over Europe. The incursion of Germanic tribes was merely the final act in this prime example of how a corrupt elite, only interested in its own assets, is incapable of adjusting to radical changes. Not to mention stopping the fall of the empire.

France was also hollowed from the inside out by a cosmopolitan intelligentsia that undermined tradition with cancerous ideology

Oh, that’s good. This could be straight from the pamphlet of the angry little Reichsbürger. Can I send this to my old history professor? I think that she would also like to have a heartfelt laugh like me right now.

The causes of the French Revolution lay in the political, economic and social crisis of the absolutist state. King Louis XVI ruled France with an absolutist claim in alliance with the nobility and the religious dignitaries. The king and the two privileged estates were by no means willing to give up their privileges, such as tax exemption. Even less were they willing to share political power with the non-privileged citizens and peasants (third class). On the contrary: the demand for the right of political participation of the Third Reich. The estate was strictly rejected by the king, the nobility and the church: Above all, the peasants, mainly serfs, should continue to bear the brunt of the luxurious and wasteful life of the first and second estates. And the well-established social order, which gave every person in France his place in society, was to be preserved.

The expensive standing army and long-standing wars had driven France to the brink of financial ruin. The struggles with Great Britain for the colonies in America exacerbated the financial crisis of France; after decades of conflict, the country had lost almost all of its colonies and their "treasures”; to Great Britain. In order to take revenge for the defeat, France supported the American struggle for independence against Great Britain from 1776. The financial and military involvement of the French state in the American struggle for freedom, however, caused the national debt to grow astronomically. Thus, one third of the state budget had to be spent solely on the repayment of interest from the public debt.  
In this context, bourgeois reformers also criticized the following contradiction: On the one hand, France supported the English colonies with large sums of money, which struggled for freedom, equality of the people and for political self-determination. On the other hand, these values were violently denied to the French people.

In 1787 and 1788, the antagonisms between the absolutist regime and the mass of French citizens intensified. This explosive situation was exacerbated by a crop failure that occurred in 1788. It led to a shortage of goods while at the same time increasing prices and also plunged many French people into misery. As a result, the anger and mistrust of the masses against the ruling upper class intensified further, especially since the necessary economic reforms continued to fail due to the resistance of the nobility and the church.

The situation escalated when the king had troops brought to Paris, summoned a new government loyal to him and raised new tariffs on food. In this situation, the citizens of Paris attacked on the 14th of March. 7. 1789 to the weapons. They stormed the Bastille, the fortress-like royal state prison on the outskirts of the capital, which stood as a symbol for the whole hated regime. The crew was then massacred by the enraged crowd, and the commander’s skewered head was carried through the streets of the city as a symbol of victory.

So, why am I telling you all this? Because it is obvious that great empires end very quickly when the elites (the privileged, the rich and influential groups) place their interests above the good of the people. Without sustainability and a sense of responsibility, no economic system can survive in the long term. And as I have already said, the situation seems to repeat itself. I am not saying that things are necessarily the same, but there are clear parallels.

If there is something I would like to criticise with my words, it’s just that civil servants and business leaders must never make the mistake of elevating themselves above the general public. All too often the impression arises that politicians think that they themselves are the state. They’re not. The state is the people. And the people are the state. Not a small privileged clique of super-rich. It is precisely human hubris that brings down entire nations. Well, it’s good that we can always build something new from the ashes. But does that really have to be? I would prefer a non-violent path at any time. But I am not afraid to defend the people with a gun in my hand if necessary.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@The Smiling Pony  
I’m not supposed to know that. On every state?  
Let’s see the source of the info cited by that site “PinkNews” pointing to a document from the supreme court. This means there have been a vote, not just Trump who decided like a king «same sex adoption bad.»  
https://t.co/1DmZAljbNF

Wikipedia, it’s different between states  
so it’s more a case-by-case and there’s a shitton of similar court decisions, just like, everywhere else where same sex adoption is being legalized.

There, I’ve learned a thing and know now as much as all of us here on this topic so far. It’s not day and night, not anyone who is in a same sex couple can adopt.  
full

@DarkObsidian  
You don’t know shit about french revolution. Stop typing insanities on the topic thinking it supports your views.
Background Pony #38EB
https://www.newsweek.com/go-bald-black-lives-matter-movement-real-1509007  
After the liberation of France many women who had associated themselves with occupying German soldiers found themselves forcibly seized and shaved by the French Resistance. Nowadays, some women are so overcome with white guilt that they’ll willingly shave their own hair off. The irony of this is not lost on me.

@DarkObsidian  
A large government eventually becomes subsumed by corruption. One key indicator of an impending decline is a drastic reduction in the purchasing power of money. Rome, France, and many empires had debased their currency as they struggled to pay for expenses. It’s such that hoards of old Roman gold coins are still found buried in the ground, because people realized that exchanging those coins for ones of lesser value is folly. Now, although America has endured inflation for decades I don’t think we’ll get to that point just yet, as the dollar remains the strongest currency in the world. The Euro has proven itself to be weak and the Renminbi is unlikely to become a competing reserve currency at this point. Martin Armstrong has a lot of information on this.

Now, the idea that Louis XVI was chiefly responsible is propaganda written after the fact to justify the bloody and disastrous French Revolution. The King was well-meaning but had inherited the throne from his grandfather Louis XV, whose warmongering and corruption led to such economic upheaval. Further economic interventions only worsened this and at a bad time when famine gripped the land. Louis XVI was very open to reform which is why he agreed to the Estates-General in the first place. However, the Estate of the Commoners seized power from the other two estates and declared itself the National Assembly. Louis XVI made the mistake of being too weak against what was essentially a coup. The King was well-loved particularly outside of Paris but it was too much for him to handle. Of course, “history” is the softest of studies and it’s extremely easy to spin it one way or another.

Another historic irony is that a number of noblemen were quite fond of the new “Enlightenment” and espoused liberal principles, but that did not save them in the end. It’s quite reflective of the modern era where upper-middle-class liberals will debase themselves for an ideology that openly hates them.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Background Pony #AD00  
Indeed. Trump can’t just snap his fingers and declare that like this. There is all a legal process. That’s the case for every law in the states, and has nothing to do with what pinknews claims it is like, but it serves as always as a political weapon for people who don’t know how politics works.
Patachu

@toxicitzi  
I don’t care, I’m not American, you should know your laws better than me, no?  
So, it’s legal? What’s the problem then? Case closed. The only doc that Pinknews linked is a tl;dr court decision for a certain case.  
It’s fucking nothing.
Background Pony #AD00
@Patachu  
I mean the case in question is around how a catholic adoption organization was not willing to adopt to same sex couples, citing religious reasons. The state of PA responded by no longer contracting with them. The organization is suing because they feel the reason they are no longer contracting with them is because of their religious views. It isn’t about banning gay couples from adopting.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
But according to data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday morning, the unemployment rate for black Americans actually increased slightly, from 16.7 percent to 16.8 percent. Unemployment for Asian-Americans jumped from 14.5 percent to 15 percent. Overall, the number of permanent job losers — those who have not been on temporary layoffs — continued to rise, increasing by 295,000 in May to 2.3 million.
Here’s a thought: read past the headline.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@silbasa  
You understand that this is insane, right? Like, literally, the President of the United States is a crazy person. To assert that a man who was brutally murdered would be celebrating because… jombs. Jombs were not George Floyd’s problem. The guys who murdered him were gainfully employed at the time. They had jombs. They were doing their jombs.
Background Pony #38EB
@Background Human  
Maybe people are eager for a silver lining in a dark year of American history? Don’t get me wrong, I think that “it’s the economy, stupid” conservatism is cuckoldry when it ignores social factors, but at the moment America’s economy has been badly hurt by the lockdowns and a lot of Americans want some good news for once.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
The new order expedites the permitting of construction projects and energy projects overseen by several federal agencies, using emergency authorities to skirt environmental regulations with little public notice.
The order would slash the requirements in a number of landmark environmental laws, including the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), which requires rigorous environmental review before building new infrastructure like highways or pipelines.

Dude’s on a roll, wonder what he’ll try to fuck over next. My bets on relations with Japan, for some reason.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Vivace
Trump is an idiot as usual. Nothing new there. I wish somebody would assassinate him and Biden and at least a couple dozen other criminal “leaders” destroying our livelihoods from Washington too. sigh.
Just came to say that. Unsubscribing from post now.

How about we don’t call for the assassination of sitting officials? Amongst other things, that’s like really illegal.
Background Pony #38EB
https://www.theepochtimes.com/chicago-mayor-pleads-with-walmart-other-retailers-to-not-abandon-city-after-unrest_3377359.html  
The riots are the worst in Democrat-run cities. Really makes ya think.

New York and California released thousands of criminals because of Covid-19 and then the riots began. But hey, at least it didn’t spread in the prisons!

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/councilor-were-going-to-dismantle-the-minneapolis-police-department  
Brilliant! I wonder what’s going to happen…  
Really reminds me of the plot of Deux Ex.
Background Pony #6E27
@silbasa

You are one brutal mofo lol. A dead man wouldn’t be happy about anything happening right now. Especially “jobs”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide