Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@Vivace  
It’s not like career politicians have that much more to reccomend them… is what I would say, if we hadn’t spent the last four years learning how much basic political competence had been taken for granted.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Apple Thor

It would arguably be for the better, not because I’m in favour of gun control, but because what it would represent:

1. It would probably be the most nakedly racist thing Trump and the republicans do; all because black people and leftists had the nerve to complain about the status quo.

2. It would show ignorant liberals how racist gun control is and has been in the past. Bit hard to sell something as “good” when it solely exists to punish minorities.

3. It would show Trump’s sycophantic base how much he cares about gun rights. Sure, Donny Jr may be, but Donny T himself passed more gun restrictions with his bump-stock ban alone than Obama did in his eight years in office.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Human

It’s ironic, since him and Trump are the same in that regard. You have to wonder why he doesn’t just run in 2024…unless he has info that we don’t that nigh confirm Trump getting demolished by Gropey McRapedTara in the election.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Latecomer

That’s a shitty Nirvana fallacy (and a false dichotomy too) and you know it. There’s more choices than shitty government policy as a cover for oppression/abuse and do away with governments altogether. I think that at the very least we can agree that policies that come from a position of oppression and abuse, or can be used as such, should be avoided.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
@Ebalosus

My position on gun control has evolved the past few years.

I’m now of the mind that the left needs to arm itself lest we be caught unprepared.

I still think there should be some basic restrictions, specifically waiting periods (because as a psychologist, I’m keen remember the number of suicides by firearm that waiting periods prevent).
NeonThriller

Many on social media are scared about Trump, And rightfully so  
We are SUPER CLOSE TO BECOMING A DICTATORSHIP!  
The phrase “It can’t happen here” is delusional fucking bullshit because what we’re seeing right now IS America becoming a full blown totalitarian dictatorship.
NeonThriller

@Latecomer  
The worst ALWAYS happens, What’s a dictator’s favourite thing to do in an “Election”? rigging it!  
And if he loses, He won’t accept the results and might bring the Far-Right Supreme Court in to change the results (Don’t be fooled by SCOTUS’s recent rulings).
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m worried that even if Trump loses, he’ll still be active on Twitter,still hold rallies and he’ll keep the followers he’s always had. Someone once said that Trump’s supporters aren’t in the Republican party,they’re in a cult.
Latecomer

@Sky2000  
All risks Americans should be prepared for, yes - but gardly foregone conclusions.

@Dex Stewart  
Well that is the catch. Almost makes you wish his age and disregard for qyarrantine would catch up with him…

@Sky2000  
When someone posts hyperbolic figures on a booru thread, you can be sure they’re pulling them from where the sun diesn’t shine.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

I’m honestly fine with waiting periods to purchase guns, if only because it’s the only gun control policy I can see that doesn’t punish the disadvantaged or minorities like red flag laws (for example) do. The problem is that if you state that as your position on gun control, then you’ll get immense pushback from both sides of the debate, using mostly the same arguments ironically. “What about assault rifles?” from the antis would be about why you aren’t going far enough, while on the pro side it would be about muh slippery slope to “complete confiscation!”

It’s a shame really, because like you said it would go a long way to help mitigate suicides (by firearm) and crimes of passion.

Also totally agree that the left needs to be armed, especially with the police being up to no good, and shitbag racists and fascists going after people for the sheer crime of not being exactly like them.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@silbasa

Uh, whut?!? The first red scare is regarded by most historians as a complete fabrication on the part of paranoid elements of media and political establishment.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide