Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #DDAF
@igotnopicks  
I’m still probably going to vote green but genuinely excited to see how crazy Kanye makes this. If everyone sucks, I might as well get a show out of it.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
Besides, last time Dems had a supermajority in congress they squandered it on that nationalized romneycare Obama gave us.
Because the 60th vote was Joe Friggin’ Lieberman. And even then, it was too much SOSHULIZM! for the people in Magastan.

You think you’re gonna get everything you want in two years, or even eight? My God, man, the conservative movement has been at this for decades. Decades! More than a lifetime! The only way you’re gonna get anything done in this country is by being every bit as determined, instead of giving up and writing in Yeezy every time you face a setback.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy  
The ratio can affect/contribute to how gender norms form.

1 lady to 5,6,7, or 8 gentlemen doesn’t provide the best situation for gender rights to form.

It’s rather scummy and shallow but it’s what our ancestors followed.
Latecomer

@CaptainXtra  
Boys are more likely to die, so boy production is amped up to compensate, and results in slightly more boys - at least at birth.

Still, it should be possible to control for this.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

Our ancestors followed a set of normative behaviors based on adaptational advantages and disadvantages, selected for through environmental pressures. Eventually becoming social mores once removed from their orginal survival roots.

Some where the result of anatomical differences, some cognitive, and some were simply social constructs born out of a misunderstanding of the abilities and limitations of human anatomy.

I highly doubt that gender ratio played much of a part there.

Also the historical ratio is more like 1:1.5/2 not 1:8
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy  
You’re talking about the human species in general separate from gender specific topics.

Because believe me, the way a society progresses their views on race and violence might differ from how men and women are treated from one another.

So you’re not wrong in that sense, however you’re not addressing what I’m saying.

PS: It’s 1:1.08, not 1.8.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

The arbitrary separation of gender topics from topics of human cognition and evolution.

Everything that is psychological or sociological is by its very nature biological. And those aspects are a much larger indicator on gender norms in a society than things a simple as gender ratios. Especially when you are viewing ratios in a vacuum as you are.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy  
Option 2 it is then.

But instead of continuing this debate that would’ve turned petty in several replies in I’ll say this:

I still support gender equality at the end of the day despite how mine and your viewpoints differ in what specifically caused said inequality to develop.

And with that I leave this certain conversation.

Please resume the usual Trump and Issue of Racism in the US topics.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

The difference in our viewpoints is explained by the fact that I’m a cognitive scientist with 6 years of experience in human cognition, social development, and neuroscience under my belt while you’re a kid with a YouTube subscription.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Latecomer  
There will be. I’ve seen this happen before. We all have. To 4chan, even. They bitch and moan about “SJW libcucks” and stubbornly vow that the site will collapse as people flee for Nazier pastures. But the only people who leave are the worst of the worst. Whatever pale imitation they slap together on Wix crashes and burns as people realize there are no libs to trigger in their echo chamber. And in the end, the original community is better off.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I find it ironic how some of these reactionaries keep using terms like “NPC”, and yet never come up with a better, more creative insult word. I’ve seen better insults from kids than these grown adults.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide