Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

peaceful protest work too and have a tendency to create less resentment.

Just like Colin Kaepernick kneeling? Oh, wait, it did absolutely nothing except angering trigger-hair tempered Conservatives, who shat themselves over people saying, “Happy Holidays.” Best case scenario, liberals go, “oh, how nice” in response to peaceful protests before going back to ignoring them after a single week at best.  
Above all else, please just answer this question for me:

To be utterly frank: Human lives are far more valuable to me than property. I don’t care that shops and stores belonging to multi-billionaire corporations are being torched and looted, and that’s what they deserve for giving millions of American workers shitty stagnant wages as the prices of living rises year after year.

And before you start virtue-signalling about Barry and his indie business for brownie points, it’s all collateral damage, but this would never have happened if the justice system actually held George Floyd’s murderer and his colleagues accountable and gave them the appropriate sentences.

Do you see property as meaningless or something? Are you a “ends justifies the means” kind of person? Cause I feel like the only ones who say that are those who aren’t affected by those ‘means’.

The end of a society based on impartial justice and a lack of institutionalised racism justifies the riots and destruction of property belonging to the rich and powerful who perpetuated this broken system. There, I fucking said it. Call me a monster or heartless individual; I’ve heard worse from shitlibs and actual fascists with more bark in their insults.

But answer this question for me: Why is it that whenever topics like the protests come up, all you can do is scream “muh statues” and “muh private property” like an NPC? America is dealing with its history of a minority demographic suffering under institutional racism, and all you can do is whinge about non-living objects being smashed.

Not once have I seen you complain when anti-lockdown protestors defied stay-at-home orders and spread COVID-19 around but I guess that’s different because it’s all in the name of restarting your beloved economy.

Looting and rioting are a legitimate form of protest against a system that consistently values goods and services over human life.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I forgot to include the post addressing your strawman talking point of how only the ones supporting the riots aren’t personally affected by it so I’ll ask you to think about the white supremacists that support police brutality against black people and aren’t personally affected by that.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Did you watch the video of David Dorn bleeding out after he was shot by looters?

The riots have killed more people in one month than unarmed black men who were shot dead by police in all of 2019.

So don’t give me the “property is less valuable than life” excuse as a justification when the riots have killed a lot of people.

And even if that weren’t the case, I’ve also seen business owners who worked hard to get out of poverty have their life’s work destroyed overnight - often members of the very minority communities they’re meant to represent.

And no, from Ben Shapiro to Tucker Carlson, all the conservatives I know of were horrified and condemned what they saw in the Floyd video.

EDIT: adding source:  
24 killed in Chicago alone, May 31st
I acknowledge this is arguable how many of those are related to the Floyd outrage. But I won’t actually end up using this number, this is just a noteworthy mention.
Wikipedia lists the number at “at least 26 people have died during the protests” as of July 5th.
From Wikipedia (linked above): “The Los Angeles Police Department announced that “homicides went up 250% and victims shot went up 56%” from May 31 to June 6.”
The number I cite is the 26 from Wikipedia, but the other mentions are noteworthy.
Tucker Carlson referenced the same Washington Post source and cited 10, for whatever it’s worth. Not going to take the time to go through hundreds of cases and figure out why he dropped 4 of the 14 USA Today kept, but either way, 26 > 14.
Deactivated Account

forgets everything
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Did you watch the video of David Dorn bleeding out after he was shot by looters?
The riots have killed more people in one month than unarmed black men who were shot dead by police in all of 2019.
So don’t give me the “property is less valuable than life” excuse as a justification when the riots have killed a lot of people.
And even if that weren’t the case, I’ve also seen business owners who worked hard to get out of poverty have their life’s work destroyed overnight - often members of the very minority communities they’re meant to represent.
And no, from Ben Shapiro to Tucker Carlson, all the conservatives I know of were horrified and condemned what they saw in the Floyd video.

I think this video from the LA riots sums it up nicely.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
Anyways, I came here to ask what the justification for this is?

A week or two ago I listened to… was it 4 or 6 hours(?) of Congressional markup amending a Democrat police reform bill (Either I listened at 2x speed or it was longer than I thought). How it’s supposed to work is someone proposes a bill, then legislatures can discuss the bill and its various points and amend it, removing parts or adding things until it’s in a state that it can pass a vote.

Well, the Democrats shot down every GOP proposed amendment - including Amendments to  
  • give an exception to a “demilitarization of police” clause for southern border patrol since they have to fight drug cartels and human traffickers who are often better-armed than them even with militarization. So, gotta disarm police fighting actual modern slavery, I guess. They can’t get an exception to demilitarization according to the Dems.  
  • simply gather data on no-knock warrants. The Congressman who proposed this amendment cited data on why he thought ending no-knock warrants could cost thousands of lives, but instead of opposing ending no-knock warrants, he modestly instead simply proposed gathering data on past ones, but still having them be stopped.

Among many others that were pretty darn reasonable.

So, given the Dems gave absolutely zero ground, the bill failed.

Then Tim Scott, a Republican Senator, made a GOP police reform bill proposal. The GOP police reform bill would provide:

• Very strong incentives to change policies across the country to ban chokeholds (incentives that are very effective at changing policy)  
  • Increased data collection on the use of force  
  • Increased record retention  
  • No-knock warrant tracking (to gather data)  
  • Make lynching a Federal crime  
  • Increasing penalties for false police reports  
  • Enhanced funding for bodycams  
  • Study on social status of black men and boys  
  • Funding for training on using alternate means than force (de-escalation training)  
  • duty to intervene (ie, for a cop to intervene when a bad cop is doing something bad, makes them liable if they don’t)  
  • increased measures to ban sexual abuse by law enforcement  
  • African American history museum to train law enforcement on the history of racism

And not only did the Dems vote against this bill, but they even called Senator Scott racial slurs for proposing it.

Sources:  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3ncsibglk  
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/504926-tim-scott-stalled-police-reform-legislation-a-crying-shame  
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/tim-scott-dems-blocking-police-reform-bill-race-politics

Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Just like Colin Kaepernick kneeling? Oh, wait, it did absolutely nothing except angering trigger-hair tempered Conservatives, who shat themselves over people saying, “Happy Holidays.” Best case scenario, liberals go, “oh, how nice” in response to peaceful protests before going back to ignoring them after a single week at best.

CK was an issue (to other people, I don’t personally care) because what he did was seen as disrespectful to vets, the flag and the like. That and I think people disliked him doing that on the job, as people generally watch sports to take their mind off the daily pains of life.

To be utterly frank: Human lives are far more valuable to me than property. I don’t care that shops and stores belonging to multi-billionaire corporations are being torched and looted, and that’s what they deserve for giving millions of American workers shitty stagnant wages as the prices of living rises year after year.

You know people work at those multimillion-dollar companies, right? And when those places get looted, they leave, thus leaving those workers jobless and those who shopped there without a means of getting supplies. Sure, they could go elsewhere but who knows how far the nearest place is.

And before you start virtue-signalling about Barry and his indie business for brownie points, it’s all collateral damage, but this would never have happened if the justice system actually held George Floyd’s murderer and his colleagues accountable and gave them the appropriate sentences.

Why do you think me bringing up small business is virtue signaling? The fact you think I’m bringing it up to seem virtuous is really insulting, cause it implies I don’t really care. But I do. Why? Because I have had my things destroyed and the fact that I can replace it doesn’t fix the pain from that loss. The time and effort I and other put into their work can’t be replaced. Like, have you never had something of yours destroyed or taken from you? Was the fact it could be replaced any consolation as you stared down at the ruined remains of something you worked hard on? Time and effort isn’t something you can get back.

Also note that the riots continued well after the officer’s arrest so you can’t argue it was because of that.

The end of a society based on impartial justice and a lack of institutionalised racism justifies the riots and destruction of property belonging to the rich and powerful who perpetuated this broken system. There, I fucking said it. Call me a monster or heartless individual; I’ve heard worse from shitlibs and actual fascists with more bark in their insults.

I’m not going to call you heartless, just selfish. I know you want to do right by the world but you are saying you are fine with the suffering of others as long as overall, you get what you want. You even go so far as to classify those who are suffering as “the rich and powerful who perpetuated this broken system”, so as to justify yourself. I’m not sure you understand just how much damage you can do when you basically say ‘its fine to do these terrible things cause the people I’m against are bad people.’ That mindset is literally how genocides happen. I’m not saying you’ll go that far but the point is that such a mindset is dangerous. Also, again, the places you call ‘collateral damage’ aren’t multimillion dollar conglomerates like Target or Walmart. These are businesses that only exist in this one place. They aren’t the rich people who you hate, they are regular people. If they are collateral damage, who are you fighting for?

But answer this question for me: Why is it that whenever topics like the protests come up, all you can do is scream “muh statues” and “muh private property” like an NPC? America is dealing with its history of a minority demographic suffering under institutional racism, and all you can do is whinge about non-living objects being smashed.

I care about the death of people when they happen, because there are people I love who I would miss if they died. I also care about property, because I understand its value and the work people put into maintaining them. I will defend the right for both to exist because those are my values. I don’t know why you act like it means nothing or that it has to be weighed against human lives, as if the riot is essential to maintaining life or something.

Also, on the matter of statues, I’m someone who thinks preserving history, even the not so nice parts, are one of the most important responsibilities we have. The goal is to provide for future generations. The preservation of monuments allows those in the future to know and remember what came before. And yes, that does mean all the nasty parts too because history isn’t sunshine and rainbows. We can’t try and sanitize the past otherwise no one will know what happened before. People have already gone after the founding fathers, classifying them as slaver owners, as if that was the reason we made the monuments. And before you say, well we have history classes, I will bring up the fact that a lot of the people brought down aren’t major enough figures to even be mentioned in most history books. There are a lot of people who did a lot of stuff but only a specialized history class would even mention them. Most American history classes just go over the most big-name figures, like presidents maybe a handful of military men. Hundreds of names are only known because someone cared enough to make a statue of them. If the statues fall, they are lost to history, forgotten and whatever lessons they might have taught gone with them.

Not once have I seen you complain when anti-lockdown protestors defied stay-at-home orders and spread COVID-19 around but I guess that’s different because it’s all in the name of restarting your beloved economy.

I wasn’t against the anti-stay-at-home protesters. They are free to do that, as it is their right. Though, if you mean the Michigan one, I think they were protesting the Governers (or mayor, I can’t remember) mandates cause it was considered unnecessarily strict. As for why, I understand their desire to restart the economy. Millions have lost their jobs and the government can’t just keep printing money. At some point, they have to open back up again or people will die and not from COVID. I think at the time, there were actual food shortages due to processing plants not being able to function. People need to work.

Also, why would I complain about those protests here? As far as I can see, it was never brought up because there was no violence, so it couldn’t be compared to the ones happening now.

I forgot to include the post addressing your strawman talking point of how only the ones supporting the riots aren’t personally affected by it

It’s not a strawman, so much as a question to you. I asked multiple times if you would be cool with having your home burgled and/or burned down but you didn’t answer. You don’t seem to care at all about the suffering of those people so I figured you are probably not someone who has actually been affected because most people can see others suffering and care. Yet you only care about some people and classify everyone else as rich bigots I guess. The point is, it’s easy to say ‘oh, you can just replace it’ when it’s not you doing it, hence the hypothetical with the starving man.

Or better yet, how you might say its easy to say racism is over when you aren’t the one suffering from it.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
so I’ll ask you to think about the white supremacists that support police brutality against black people and aren’t personally affected by that.

What about them? Are you asking me for my opinion about them? I denounce them I guess but what’s your point?

Also, I’m not sure why you brought up NPC’s and lib-whatevers. I never used those terms so I’m not sure why you are bringing them up
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Metro_Offset  
Must have been systematic racism that lets african Americans make tens of millions of dollars throwing a ball around and got an african American elected President of the United States too :P
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Hm…must feel really suffocating, being oppressed, being told yu trash coz of yer color or yer religion or political affiliation.

Welp.

Now that ppl of all colors and political beliefs can start empathizing how it feels like to be a helpless victim, y’all can start a dialogue.

Heh. Never would I have thought I’d see the day in my lifetime where white ppl become the most oppressed ppl. Am I dreaming? Am I dead and this is actually an isekai?

Btw I have no love for stupid retared twitter posts by poc against white ppl like the one Metro_Offset posted. Racists come in all sizes and color, and I dont support none of it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide