Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Ereiam

My interpretation or my opinion? My interpretation would be that he did that. My opinion: not my thing. I understand him showing support for his supporters, especially when it is a nonviolent protest. I’m not for harassment and don’t think it should be encouraged. I’m happy it was just them yelling at him as opposed to hurting him or anything like that.

As for what he was thinking, it’s pretty clear. He praises his supporters for standing up to what they see as fake news. Since they didn’t hurt the man in their protest, they are at the baseline of ‘good people’. Had they attacked the man, I doubt they’d have been called great people.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Ereiam  
@Dustcan

C’mon, it’s pretty clear jolli’s a disingenuous centrist reactionary at this point.

Watch, pretty soon, she’s going to do the whole “I ostensibly say I don’t like Trump but I’m going to defend almost every single stupid decision he made” routine.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Jolliapplegirl

>US billionaire wealth increased by $282 billion, an almost 10 percent gain

>Between 18 March and 10 April 2020, over 22 million Americans lost their jobs

>making it look like a simple choice between staying inside and dying or sacrificing people for the economy

>not taxing the rich to help the 22 million Americans and more who were jobless to begin with beyond a pissant $1200

Explain yourself.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
@Jolliapplegirl  
This is kinda why I grow tired of Centrists, you’re fully aware that what he’s doing is bad and is making everything worse and yet you’re continuously making up excuses for him and praising him for defending his people when his people are being really fucking stupid and contributing to the Coronavirus cases.

You’re literally doing the routine that @Violet Rose in The Rain stated.

This is the time to hustle up and double up; we need to reverse the course that the country is heading towards and yet you Centrists can’t seem to get the memo and always seem to… bend over for Right Wingers but you go hard on us Left Wingers when we seemingly want the same social changes that you guys want.

We had a choice between FDR 2.0 and a predatory man with a terrible attitude and mental stability that is in decline and yet you chose the latter.

We’re doomed.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Whether sincere or disingenuous, Biden’s “build back better” plan, dripping with Americana manufacturing language, is the kind of thing that sells in the Rust Belt.

I’m not saying if I believe he’ll be successful doing that if elected, but that it is a pretty good message to use if one is targeting deep strikes into suburban and exurban areas in the Rust and Sun Belt states.

I’d give his overall marketing strategy a positive review. Though I get the feeling he was not the one that crafted it.

“Mobilize American manufacturing and innovation to ensure that the future is made in America, and in all of America. We’ve seen the importance of bringing home critical supply chains so that we aren’t dependent on other countries in future crises.”

This sort of cheesy platitude is appealing to worried working and middle classes that bought into Trumps slogan. Its dippy, and cliche, but hell that seems to work these days.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
I got a kick out of his opponent complaining that Biden’s plagiarizing his economic platform. It’s like, dude, you’ve been in charge all this time; if he’s even able to run on your message, it kinda shows how much progress you’ve made on that front, doesn’t it?
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

Its a bit rude to call me disingenuous like that, Violet. You make is sound like I’m just saying stuff to be contrary as opposed to it being my true thoughts. I didn’t do that to you so I don’t understand why you’re doing it to me.

As for your second point, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to explain. I’m not rich so what does some guy making millions have to do with me? I don’t think I ever said the rich are facing the same strife everyone else is so what is your point?

@Zintenka

All I said was that Trump was being an optimist. I didn’t say he was doing the right thing cause I don’t know what else he could have done. If he does something wrong, I’ll condemn him for it but I know better than to just trust the words of his opposition because I know they are perfectly willing to lie about him.

The reason I go hard on the left (I can only speak for myself) is because I see their actions as more detrimental than the right. In terms of social power, the left is in charge. Every left-wing ideal is upheld by media and brands, plastered all over with the approval of most people. The right doesn’t have that. The left advocate for things I wouldn’t stand for even if it was said by the right. If the right said ‘tear down statues’ I’d oppose it just as much as I do when the left does it. I call myself a centrist because there are things on both sides I agree with. Simple as.

As for our options, one of them may very well have dementia and no, I’m not talking about Trump. There were better options but ‘shockingly’ they weren’t chosen. So at this point, people have the option of guy who at least knows what day of the week it is and another who doesn’t.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Fuck Russia
@Background Human  
People called Trump’s “America First” mentality racist and unrealistic, but when Biden proposes literally the exact same thing, people are suddenly all for it. Can’t say I’m surprised.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

The difference between them is Biden is not coming out with a tone that’s overly antagonistic to other nations, and goes out of his way to include language about racial equity and bringing “all Americans” into prosperity.

It’s an America First mentality stripped of the jingoistic language and nebulous attacks on the “scary globalists”.
Violet Rose in The Rain

I’m not rich so what does some guy making millions have to do with me?

>the rich gets richer while millions of people go jobless and have no means to make a living

You: “I don’t see what this has to do with me.”

What, do I have to explain the concept of taxing the rich more and using the money as social aid or are you going to say it’s their right to hoard their wealth?

I don’t know what else he could have done.

Since taking office, Trump has…
  • instituted a hiring freeze that caused 700 CDC vacancies
  • disbanded the National Security Council’s and Homeland Security Department’s global health security teams
  • Tom Bossert, who ran the HHS portion of the team, wrote an op-ed today: “The rates will be worse if the disease is not aggressively countered early.”
  • allowed lack of funding to result in CDC cutting back epidemic prevention programs from 49 to only 10 countries
  • attempted to reduce uniformed public health professionals by 40%
  • stopped funding USAID’s zoonotic virus detection program, causing it to collapse
  • caused over 1,600 federal scientists to leave government in two years
  • cut the number of scientific advisory committees by a third
  • recommended $1 billion in budget cuts to CDC’s total funding each year on average
  • successfully cut $500 million from the CDC’s preparedness and response programs
  • recommended $4.3 billion average annual cuts to National Institutes of Health funding
  • successfully transferred $165 million from FEMA to ICE and border patrol
  • proposed cutting USAID’s 2021 budget by $2.3 billion
  • proposed cutting the World Health Organization’s 2021 budget by $58 million, a 47% decrease
  • repeatedly attempted to cut funding for Medicare and Medicaid at home.

Trump’s botched coronavirus response has been 3 years in the making.

I’ll tell you what he shouldn’t have done: Everything I just fucking listed.

Every left-wing ideal is upheld by media and brands

Then you don’t understand every left-wing ideal. Call me when the workers are in charge and there’s actually adequate healthcare. Right now, that statement was so wrong it’s not even fucking funny.

I call myself a centrist because there are things on both sides I agree with. Simple as.

@Dustcan If this was a bet, I would’ve asked you to cough up the money.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide