Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

And the media here still referred to him as “Cat Stevens” when he came and performed at the Christchurch memorial concert. Also, the victims of Tarrant didn’t have many nice things to say about their treatment by the civil service either. Goes to show that disapproval of Jacinda and the Labour government cuts across religious lines here.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
@Metro_Offset

When one must proclaim one’s victory, especially in an online, anonymous forum, one has likely not yet achieved it.

Because regardless of the supposed history, and regardless of whatever intentions where behind their words, countless years of constitutional and case law have decreed that this country is, indeed, pluralist. We are now, and as far as constitutional law has declared, been a pluralist society. At least once that whole slavery and 3/5ths compromise business was settled.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Like with the hosts of Chapo Trap House, I still have trouble reconciling how the muh white genocide people justify marrying non-whites. Aren’t they contributing to the very phenomenon that they decry?

The exceptions exist of course, but it’s a pattern I’ve noticed amongst the “White Genocide” talking heads too. Like, they hate the mixed-race babies regardless, but they are perpetually in hysterics about foreign men raping our glorious white women (and it’s always rape. Colored men apparently just don’t do consent as far as their rhetoric goes). Meanwhile we somehow shouldn’t have to worry about our men getting it on with their women.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@tehwatever  
Its partly about appearance but more so about geographic ancestry. And yes, I’ve never preached violence or violent solutions, I would go against anyone that did. Just look back at my comments. Despite my avatar, I don’t bite. =)
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

I mentioned around the time of the shooting that all the media did the same here…after a major act of anti-Muslim violence here. Mistakes I can understand, but after a lot of muslims were fucking murdered by a terrorist, I’d like to think that a bit more sensitivity would be used when it came to referring to a Muslim by their preferred name.

No wonder the Muslim community isn’t too happy with the current government…
Metro_Offset

@Zincy  
Its useless trying to act smart after botching up like you did.

And now the goalpost has been shifted. No longer were we founded on everyone being created equal, but now its well society has made it so, so deal with it. American society has only had this attitude that you have very, very recently. It wasn’t founded on it and until the mid 60’s, far from your view of the USA as a melting pot, the US immigration system was designed to keep American homogeneity and treatment of blacks was horrid. Even when slavery was abolished, Lincoln considered deporting freed slaves.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy  
Yeah I’m aware. I’m not saying white ppl are UNABLE to become muslims.

Hamza Yusuf (half Irish) was a convert. Jonathan AC Brown a convert, Umar Farooq Abdallah and Timothy Winter were converts.

Metro_Offset here kept insisting that whiteness isn’t about culture, but about geography and ancestry, about the physical appearance.

But the usual white supremacist lads (which Metro_Offset isn’t) always preach about how islam isn’t white and it should stay out of white places.

Since Metro_Offset isn’t an Alt-right, nor a white supremacist, I’m calling his bluff.

I’m asking if he would be okay if, let’s say hypothetically: in the future the majority of religious white ppl practice islam and buddhism, instead of Christianity or folk religions, if ppl hear the Adhan and buddhist chants instead of church bells.

He prolly wouldn’t like it, but he shouldn’t be opposed to it, as long as the europamerican whites (which at this point are muslim / buddhists) still have equal rights same as everyone.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Metro_Offset

You, don’t really understand how constitutional law works do you?

The document has not changed save for additional amendments, the articles and preamble remain the same, and thus the interpretation stretches back to its penning. I.e., the constitution, the founding document of the land says we are a pluralist society. That has been reaffirmed, countless times. As far as the law, those who read it, and those that uphold it are concerned, our founders founded a pluralistic nation. As the words are written, you can sit there and try and armchair interpret it all you want.

So, from the moment America became America, it was pluralist. It was 100% founded as one, according to the constitution, and reaffirmed numerous times by the courts. So, by that logic, as affirmed by everything since, the founders built us as a pluralistic nation. Regardless of the words of a single historian.
Metro_Offset

@Zincy  
>the document  
“All men are created equal” is on the Deceleration of Independence. Not the constitution. You know that right? The reason all individuals are seen as equal under the law is because of the Equal Protection Clause, added almost a hundred years after the US’s founding. But its obviously not right to say we were founded as a state that saw all men as equal individuals.  
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Metro_Offset

Notice I didn’t use the “created equal” line in the response you responded to. I used it earlier as part of a different conversation.

I was specifically referring to the constitutional interpretation of an equitable, plural society. No where in it does it say Europeans only, whites only, etc.

Every law and line applies to everyone legally within the borders of the country. If they had wanted it to be an ethnostate, they’d of said that.
Metro_Offset

@Zincy  
Who is they? Again, it comes back to what I said before. Everything you just described is extremely recent. America was not founded on this, the immigration system was sent up to prevent it, as were Jim Crow laws. So again, don’t lie to me and say we were founded in that way and despite laws, the reality on the ground is we were not a pluralist society until the 1960’s.
Metro_Offset

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
If someone said racist things about black people on twitter and it got tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of likes, would you tell a black person who said he worried that he was worrying about nothing? If Giphy and Instagram refused to take down a sticker saying ‘Mute Black People’ and a black person was concerned about that, would you talk them down? If a black person was shot to death for saying Black Lives Matter and his Facebook was raided by white racists celebrating his death would you talk down to a black guy saying he feels threatened?

I doubt it. Your double standard wouldn’t allow it. Anytime anti-white rhetoric is pointed you you shout white supremacy. But things would be very different if it was the other way around.

@Latecomer  
Yeah, I’ve heard about the union from that union statue that was torn down.  
full
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Metro_Offset

America doesn’t have a history of enslaving all white people, making them work on farms, segregating them to inferior areas and saying “separate but equal” and relegating them to poorer areas so maybe consider that white Americans saying “fuck black people” is a byproduct of centuries of white-on-black institutional racism while black people saying the opposite has no similar counterpart.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide