Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
But it does have a clear counterpart. Both ‘fuck black people’ and ‘fuck white people’ is based on racial hatred. You’re literally excusing racial hatred and clear racism, based on the fact that American blacks (and not all of the people saying fuck whites are black), suffered racism in the past. And you’re telling me that whites should have no concern about this whatsoever, that whites should accept viral racial hatred backed by corporations, because of sins most white people aren’t even involved in. Correct?
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Latecomer  
Of course, I’m against all racial hatred. I condemn both anti-black and anti-white racism. I just don’t wish to become a minority in what has historically been a white nation.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
These are indeed very interesting topics that are discussed here. Too bad that I have so much work to do at the moment and don’t have time to follow this thread more closely ;-)

I would like to point out, however, that we are now at a stage where the weaknesses of the American system and the mistakes of the past are revealing themselves all too clearly. But instead of relying on patriotic or particularly critical voices (both of which I think should be questioned at any time), I would advise a more rational reassessment of the situation. And still look positively into the future.

The question is: How many generations does it take to admit the mistakes of the past, to analyze them, to want a change, to change and then to have really changed something? As far as my home country, Germany, is concerned, I can only say that it has taken us four generations to work things out in the first place. Of course, this also split off a nationalist wing that does not want the past to be true. In my opinion, only the newest generation will be able to make a real difference. By the way, they are confronted with much bigger problems, which our generation has funny enough ignored or only very timidly tried to solve.

However, this younger generation will also make mistakes, which is why the older generation should make an effort to take the voices of young people seriously and advise them in this situation, instead of constantly keeping everything small from the point of view of economic efficiency.

To make my personal point of view clear: Of course the US (but also a lot of other nations) have to face certain uncomfortable truths. But we should not forget that it is our duty to make this world a positive place for the sake of our children, instead of always excluding everything else. And we should leave this world better than we found it. So far I hardly see any progress and that, frankly, worries me more.

But I don’t want to be misunderstood either. As long as we still think in terms of “races”, I do not think we will make any progress. The concept of a “race” is the result of racism and not its precondition. There is no sharp border between “black” and “white”, etc. We should start to replace the term race/races with population/s. At least that would be a (scientifically supported) start for a constructive political dialogue. ;-)
Latecomer

@Metro_Offset  
I really question as to whether people like you should be anywhere near such levers - although granted, you couldn’t do much worse than the incumbent. And it neither can nor should be, and the political will does not and will not exist in a non-violent form.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@Latecomer
Of course, I’m against all racial hatred. I condemn both anti-black and anti-white racism. I just don’t wish to become a minority in what has historically been a white nation.

If America ceases to be majority white it ceases to be America. No other race besides Europeans could’ve made America.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Latecomer
No other race besides Europeans could’ve made America.
Oh right forgot about the Chinese building the Trains to the west, didn’t you. And you forgot about the Native Americans who helped out the Earliest Brittish Settlements without the Native Americans helping out the Brittish in those settlements then the UK would have abandoned the US altogether.
Background Pony #0106
[
I just don’t like being told what to do by my woman governor. Shes a shining example of why women shouldn’t be in politics.
](/forums/dis/topics/random-facts-of-yourself-thread?post_id=4873567#post_4873567)  
[
I am sexist btw, repeal the 19th.
](/forums/dis/topics/random-facts-of-yourself-thread?post_id=4873833#post_4873833)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide