Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Well it could be they know something I don’t… but barring them revealing that, I’m going to assume that they’re just wrong, like siibasa. Possibly with a side of wounded pride.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
Those terms mean for everyone ‘‘what I used to reach my obviously correct conclusions’’.  
Seriously?

You’re beyond reason at this point. Hell, you’re beyond any help at this. We’ve tried explaining things to you, but as usual, you refused to even listen or consider any form of rational advice. It’s like we’re talking to a brick wall, but at least the brick wall would actually listen and take the advice to heart.

You really need some serious help if you obsess over this and don’t listen to any sort of critique or advice.

Like phoenixacezero said, you should choose something else based off your interest and hobbies.

Au revoir, mon ami. Can’t say we didn’t try to have a serious discussion.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
What have you explained? What “rational advice” have you given? What makesyou think I’m wrong - and why should I think so?

I pursue my interests and hobbies - this I do in my spare time.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@silbasa

Well, the two of us certainly had our argue in the past. But as far as this is concerned, I feel the same way as you do. But I wouldn’t necessarily call it a civilised behaviour. That would be a little presumptuous again. And I’d like to avoid that for the sake of this thread. :-)

I respect you and your opinion, even if I don’t agree with you. The same goes for MagpulPony. And of course many of the other users here. But I admit, I have an argue with a certain user, for a very specific reason. He’ll probably know why I’m arguing with him, but I doubt he really knows what this is about. But that’s just my personal opinion, and it doesn’t matter here. On the one hand, I would like to clarify this privately, on the other hand, I have seen little so far to believe that this could be solved in a civilized way.

As far as social media and MSM are concerned, I am completely on your side. I trust certain sources only as far as I can throw them. On the other hand, I see it like Magpul, that one can probably only ascertain a reasonably certain truth if one finds halfway the political centre in this mess. Both in US-American, as well as European politics.

Well, before I make another wall of text, I’d better stop. I know that I tend to hold long and tiring monologues. ;-)
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@DarkObsidian  
I discuss topics and my opinions are on a certain side maybe not so many here agree with all the time. Thats ok! Sometimes I may have said stupid things but no personal insults or attacks have been the intention. I have few if any political taboos and can discuss a lot of controversial topics. Im a relic from another time when things were not so personal or sensitive. It is hard to understand for me.

I dont think I am as far out as the other certain someone you are referring to, I tend to see myself as a centrist, albeit with a conservative slant. But I always find myself asking: “why?”. When the answer is unclear I ask questions that not everbody are comfortable discussing.

Except from a few bans (:P) I have generally had an enjoyable time discussing politics here, apart from the internal site strifes amongst the upper hive here.

I may not agree with progressivism but I do believe in democracy and human rights for all people in their respective countries and their right to be themselves as long as it is safe, sane and consensual.

Debate on in good faith all fellow politics debaters!
Latecomer

But I always find myself asking: “why?”. When the answer is unclear I ask questions that not everbody are comfortable discussing.

This really is not how you come off to me. More that you are determined to ignore many serious issues. I guess our self-image doesn’t necessarily match how we manage to express ourselves, though.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
At this point, I would like to break a lance for Latecomer. Even if I personally criticize some of his statements, I still admire the perseverance with which he sometimes confronts open hostilities in this thread. I know what it’s like to try to prevail against a supposedly strong right-wing mentality. His opinion is, in my opinion, as valid as any other one here (except some really stupid statements - which I haven’t reported nor will I - actually I have never used this feature on this page). In this regard, respect should also be shown to him anyway.

If one cannot show respect for his opinion and even some background ponies are regarded as a serious counter-thesis, then we should all rely on our common sense. Just as some people with black skin are openly racist towards white people, one should also understand that people with white skin (I find it interesting that this involves a lot of people from the FBI’s point of view) are fully committed to the interests of black people.

Perhaps we should see this not as a race war, but as a confrontation between mutually contradictory systems. What ultimately prevails (even for historical reasons), we should perhaps leave it to the election in November. Instead of tearing each other apart meaninglessly. It is pointless because, as I mentioned before, there is hardly any acknowledgment on one side or the other. Logical arguments, please. If possible, with a reference to some kind of source. And not just because: it is because I say it that it is.

Once again, just a friendly reminder. ;-)
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
We dont really debate as we just tend to butt heads. You have your beliefs and I prefer a more rational (as per my view) approach. I am not an idealist but a realist. Example: When you see a black man arrested by the police you see a victim of facism and racism. I see a criminal breaking the law and suffering the consequences of his actions. You blame race, the state and many other social factors. I blame the guy.
Latecomer

At this point, I would like to break a lance for Latecomer. Even if I personally criticize some of his statements, I still admire the perseverance with which he sometimes confronts open hostilities in this thread. I know what it’s like to try to prevail against a supposedly strong right-wing mentality. His opinion is, in my opinion, as valid as any other one here (except really stupid statements). In this regard, respect should also be shown to him.

I’m blushing…

Sadly, one thing I’ve learned is that common sense is surprisingly uncommon - everyone seems to get a different, non-matching set.

And I’ll say it again - I don’t want a race war! The opposite, in fact!
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Well, to me my view is the rational one, of course. And just as you are a centrist, I try to combine idealism and realism. although I really don’t see how your example is “realistic” when it engages is such a reductive reading - more like someone who, in contradiction to your earlier statement, will only ask “why”? in order to get a nice reassuring answer.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DarkObsidian  
Again nothing personal is intended. But we have discussed these topics for a while now and we dont see eye to eye on them. Latecomer has his opionions and I have mine. Democracy in action!

@Latecomer  
If I ask that I need to be curoius or wonder about something. When I do not have any questions I dont ask, I have for myself sufficiently hashed it out.
vit
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@DarkObsidian  
The truth is not always in the center. That is a balance fallacy. Sometimes a thing is just untrue and a compromise of it is also untrue. Halfway between a truth and a lie is still a lie.  
And the Overton Window in the US is shifted so far to the right that the center is just right-of-center at best.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@DarkObsidian  
Look at all those words.

But seriously.

If one cannot show respect for his opinion  
It’s only the second paragraph and you’re already starting with an incorrect premise.

Just because you respect someone’s opinions doesn’t mean you have to agree with what’s being said.

You’d know that if you bothered to read this post. Here, I’ll quote it directly in case you can’t be bothered to follow that Derpi link like a responsible person.  
I respect your opinions, but you need to think more clearly before posting shit like this
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
If you call what I have to say ”shit” maybe you don’t actually respect my opinion? Although I admit I could have worded that post better - I have a tendency to reflect words even when I wouldn’t introduce them myself.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
If you call what I have to say ‘‘shit’’ maybe you don’t actually respect my opinion?  
“Shit” can mean stuff or things, especially personal belongings.

It can also mean events or circumstance, i.e., shit happens.

Although I admit I could have worded that post better — I have a tendency to reflect words even when I wouldn’t introduce them myself.  
Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

That’s exactly the problem I had with some of your posts. Glad we can agree!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide