Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Angrybrony  
It must be so sad always being so angry about life.

@Dustcan  
And many people that survived the Holocaust see it the other way around. So what?

@Dustcan  
Mistakes happen, it comes with life. No excuse to burn towns and murder cops. And nobody claimed to have a Covid miracle cure.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer

Thats certainly true but waiting for the other side to concede when they have no reason to, since they will still be villianized either way, doesn’t help the situation. At this point, we’re at a stalemate because neither side wants to surrender. Within the context of this situation, trust actually isn’t needed since there is no loss on the citezen’s side. Being respectful doesn’t harm anyone. If anything, its a net benefit since it makes the encounter much more likely to be cordial. There is no need to be afraid since the risk is minimal to the citizen. Heck, even if the cop turns out to be bad, you still lose nothing cause the encounter won’t have changed either way.

In summary, the citizens lose nothing by making a mild concession despite lack of trust. there is no loss so why not try it rather than say ‘well, I don’t like them so no.’
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
And many people that survived the Holocaust see it the other way around. So what?

I’m not sure bringing up the Holocaust is exactly a good idea in a topic where people are accusing law enforcement of getting a tad out of control.

Or in reply about someone who suffered government enforced racial discrimination and forced relocation to camps during WW2.

Mistakes happen, it comes with life. No excuse to burn towns and murder cops. And nobody claimed to have a Covid miracle cure.

Yeah. Because Twitter had to delete a Trump retweet about a Covid miracle cure.

Because of course Trump would retweet about an unproven Covid cure.

Also, ‘it is what it is.’
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The first Presidential Debate is set for this Tuesday.

The English language is going to be feeling it come the morning.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer

And if they dont, the cops will be wary of them, making it more likely for encounters to go south. It’s not impossible to be polite during police encounters and still ask for police reform. Being disrespectful isn’t going to motivate them to change. It’ll make them more defensive and wary.
Background Pony #FF79
Article: Racial differences in homicide rates are poorly explained by economics

Blacks have a significantly high rate of homicide even when adjusted for income.
  1. There are vast differences in homicide rates between groups.
  • This “effect” is found consistently in aggregated and (racially) disaggregated data
  1. Inter-racial differences are better explained by family structure than economic conditions.
  • These differences are even found in some pretty affluent/low-poverty communities
  1. The (intra-racial) black homicide rate, in particular, is better explained by family structure than poverty rates and, especially, other economic measures.
  2. There are large differences in family structure between whites and blacks, in particular.
  • It’s probably not a coincidence that other groups fall closely along this regression line when aggregated at national or even state levels.
  1. The inter-racial differences in family structure are not well explained by income or poverty measures, i.e., (domestic) blacks of the same income level have much lower levels of traditional family structure.

Regardless, if community context does have non-trivial effects on outcomes of this sort, then advocates for “de-segregation” work at cross-purposes when they argue: that racial differences don’t exist; that they can be explained almost entirely by economic conditions; or that anything that remains after such controls are put in place must be explained by racism, bias…. and so on and so forth.

https://randomcriticalanalysis.com/2015/11/16/racial-differences-in-homicide-rates-are-poorly-explained-by-economics/

I distinctly remember someone arguing with me that any differences like this are due to poverty. I thought this would be of interest. I’m sure this will again be seen as racist.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
@Kiryu-Chan  
Why is nobody showing Trump saying “inject bleach”? Because that was the claim. Yet he never actually said to do that. He posed it as a question, never said do it.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Disinfectant, not bleach.

You know, like chemo.

Or UV light.

Which shockingly, is a thing.

Everyone lept to inject bleach out of a need to have something to complain about.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

Can’t wait for the “tHe DeBaTeS dOn’T pRoVe AnYtHiNg!” opinion pieces from the Sorkinite media after Biden and Harris get demolished, and after Trump wins again, they’ll go back to searching for Russian phantoms and blaming Bernie supporter and 3rd-party voters for their loss.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide